** Official ** Summer 2010 Transfer Thread - Signings, Sightings and Rumor's in Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Cole one is a funny one thats for sure. Quotes attributed to him over recent weeks included

"Not Money Motivated" -Hmm Ok

"Wants regular football with a manager who knows him" - Hmmm Roy Hodgson in the hot seat for 5 mins :(

"Wants regular champions league football" - Europa league football

Strange days

Last edited:
A lot of talk that the Werder chairman has said if a bid comes in for Ozil then it must be considered. Also hearing were interested in Trochowski as well

Whether Blatter denied the comment or not, Ronaldo was asked if he agreed with the comment (denied or not) and he did. He said you were treating him like a slave.

Whether you wished him the best when he left or not, he still acted like a **** :p

Give up BaZ.

The very big difference here is that Ronaldo won the lot while at Utd and went with most Utd' fans blessings. He had nothing left to prove or win for that matter. A lot of quotes attributed to him were without much foundation.

Ozil, like i say i want to see us bid but i dont know what goes on behind closed doorys etc so its a difficult one to be overly critical. but if we didnt even sniff around him, then id be shocked.

Why should we bid and how do you know we haven't bid or if we have bid what the actual offer is. Is it £12m up front, £15m up front or a structured deal. More to the point what if we have contacted his agent with Werders permission and he said, he is only interested in joining Club A or Club B or would only come to us if we offered him X Financial package that we were unwilling to meet. So yes I guess your right, you don't know what goes on behind closed doors as is all too apparent with a lot of the tripe you post about Utd.

Nickg said:
i was there for Obertans debut vs Wolves. he was simply awful.

Well done you, have a cookie for judging a player on his debut

Nickg said:
Tosic? well its not like he was 6.5' 220lb when we signed him and then he suddenly shrank when he played for us. but yet fergie knew this and still spent the money and gave him exactly 2 sub appearances, one for 13 mins another one for similar.. then its sweet goodbye to however many million we spent?!

Do you really think that Fergie judges the potential break through players solely based on how they play in the first team. Its the whole package, his fitness, development, attitude and application. If some of the crap you spout about how bad, poor and average our midfield has been then surely he would have just walked into the team. Hmmm the two subs appearances he made suggest the contrary.

Nickg said:
If you watch the reserves hows Brandy doing? instead of splashing the cash on Diuff (a nobody IMO who will never play for us seriously) why not try these younglings. Wellbecks had too many chances and looked seriously bad as well. he will never be a utd player. but fergie persists with him for no reason.

Keep up, Fabian Brandy released. Not good enough and did not develop enough. Wellbeck gone out on loan to Sunderland for development and game time at a higher level, again keep up. Mame Diouf not good enough in your opinion based on what, do you know what his game is about, do you even know if he is left footed or right footed. I guess opinions are like arse holes though, everyone has got one.

More to the point you do know that players development is not linear. If he is good at 13 it doesn't always follow that development will be the same at 23. If you follow a players development for two years before you buy him he could suddenly stop physical, technical or psychological development or other players catch up making him relatively the worse player. So is it beyond the realms of possibility that players like Tosic, Brandy et al didn't develop like some of the players around them. And before you put that at the door of Utd or Fergie, that unfortunately is the reality of football development. And that is me speaking from experience.

If you want to continue with these misguided, ill informed, and in a lot of cases technically incorrect opinions you have then go right ahead. If not do some bloody research about the game, do some research about player development from an early age, do some reading on player development from adolescent to adult from a technical, physical, social and psychological perspective. The last point is what any Club would use from a youth Charter Standard upto full blown professional status.

EDIT

i dont know, giggs was good - obertan is limited severely in terms of his ability to contribute with woeful passing, crossing and shooting.

a youthful ryan giggs picked up the ball beat 2 men and scored a goal. and thats at 17/18.

Grrrrrrrrr No he didn't and again thanks for showing us how much you have watched of the Premiership Years. If you actually went to any of the matches when Giggs was 17/18 he couldn't cross for Toffee and quite often his decision making was poor. However with time and experience that got a lot better. A bit like Nani. Or a bit like Valencia who was all right foot last year yet scored with his left foot pre season, its called development, some players do it better than others. So if your suggesting that Obertan can't develop that side of his game, given he was injured when he joined us and is still only young.............................words fail me at the ammount of muppetry you talk at times

Last edited:
rooney has only had 1 great season, he needs another few under his belt before he can compare with the likes of

villa, etoo, milito, forlan, higuain, drogba, ronaldo, torres and co.

even tevez managed 29 goals in 40 games last season. pato is 21 and he has a better scoring record than rooney.

for me rooney is no better then van persie, he is overated due to him being english and playing for manchester united. just look at torres, he has been pretty much crippled with injuries and playing in a much worse team yet he outscores rooney in the goals to game ratio.

as for all the work he does off the ball, so do others, drogba defends more than what rooney does.

You can take your scoring records in isolation if you so desire but I would take Rooney above a good handful of the names you have quoted. Comparing Rooney to Torres is like comparing Andy Cole to Peter Beardsley. Football is a team game and Rooney brings more to the team than his goals alone.

As Roy Keane once said, Eric Cantona was always forgiven in the dressing room for what he gave going forward because he did nothing coming back. He infuriated the likes of Pallister and Bruce but for big parts of the game but he then showed minutes of pure genius and brilliance. That's why you build a team to compliment the individual skill set.

i'll add to the above list which already has 10 players in it

fabiano, robhino, neymar, messi, aguero, llorente, ibrahimovich, Muller, Klose, anelka

zlatan in his 1 season with barcelona 41 apps, 21 goals and 10 assists ( he gets slated for being overated, but his record speaks for itself, he didnt get on with the manager so thats why he has been loaned out)

Luis Fabiano is touching 30 and has years of experience on Rooney
Robhinio - Sorry Stopped taking you seriously when you brought that name up
Messi - No arguing there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom