1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** Official Ubiquiti Discussion Thread ***

Discussion in 'Networks & Internet Connectivity' started by RoyMi6, Apr 10, 2016.

Tags:
  1. michty_me

Wise Guy

Looking at your stats on the UBNT forums, It shows that you are on a 3db line which also means you will be Re-transmit high. This takes the throughput percentage from 96% down to around 91-92%.

With Retx high on you will be looking at a throughput of around 66.5Mbps

You'll need to limit your line rate to reduce errors on it for DLM to remove the RETx high. I limited my line to 50Mbps and DLM put me back on Retx low after 3 days.

2. chris020

Associate

Just moved from Linksys to an edge router lite, with latest firmware 1.10.8, all good so far mind I am struggling to find an up to date
    method of enabling ipv6 for my Zen internet.

Looks like it is not something that can be set up from the gui and has to be achieved via CLI. Anyone have a simple guide I can use for ipv6 and the relevant firewall.

Many thanks.

3. the-evaluator

Wise Guy

Someone at LG can't spell 'Mozilla' and IPS on my USG isn't too happy about it. I'm getting this alert every day:

[​IMG]

At some point I'll do a packet capture to see what the TV is actually trying to do.

4. iMacMart

Capodecina

I can see 2 versions - One at roughly £110
    Ubiquiti UniFi Switch 8 Port :: US-8-60W
    The other at roughly £90
    Ubiquiti US-8-60W UniFi 8 Port Switch

5. the-evaluator

Wise Guy

Double check the part numbers, I expect the first one you posted is US-8 (as mentioned in the first bullet point) and the second is US-8-60W.

The US-8 can be PoE powered but it won't be able to power your 2 access points. It does have PoE passthrough so if the switch itself is powered by PoE then it should be able to provide PoE power on port 8.

It's the US-8-60W you need.

6. iMacMart

Capodecina

Thanks for the response, so this is the correct device model for 2 x UAP-AC_LR units

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ubiq...itch-8-port-managed-poe-switch-nw-00b-uq.html

7. the-evaluator

Wise Guy

Yep. That's the one.

8. Kol

Don

This is an oversight on my part. I've a us-8-60w and a us-8, I thought toe us-8 was just passthrough, I can power it from one of the POE from me us-8-60w?

One uplinks from the other so if so, neat!

9. the-evaluator

Wise Guy

Yep, as long as you're uplinking into port 1 on the US-8.

10. Kol

Don

Awesome. At the moment I'm powering 1x AC Lite, 1x tado (using poe to usb adaptor) and intend to power my sure catflap hub using the same as the tado leaving me with one POE port. I don't need another AP at the mo so will do that.

11. the-evaluator

Wise Guy

Which USB adapter are you using? I've had very limited sucess (read that as none I've tried have worked) trying to power USB things from PoE.

12. Kol

Don

13. the-evaluator

Wise Guy

Awesome, thanks!

14. Kol

Don

No worries - been powered on since the 17th of Dec, not had a problem yet (touch wood!).

15. zom247

Mobster

Finally got round to ceiling mounting my UAP LR. I've followed the instructions and drilled a hole for the cable but I cannot get it to fit onto the plate. I've now got a hole in the ceiling but before I make it any bigger and possibly bugger things up has anyone had this problem ceiling mounting this unit? If so, how did you remedy it?

16. iMacMart

Capodecina

Does it fit on the plate when it’s not on the ceiling, with the cable in at the same time, maybe the bracket it’s bowed due to a screw being too tight

17. Hyburnate

Capodecina

From a company that has mounted pretty much every AP manufacturer under the sun, it's just a poor design. We don't install them a great deal, however sometimes my engineers find over tightening can sometimes help.

18. pcfarrar

Hitman

One thing that can make it a bit easier to mount is using 3mm plastic washers to hold the bracket off the surface.

19. WJA96

Capodecina

When you cut the hole did you use the supplied template? The hole doesn’t go in the middle of the AP, it’s offset. If you’ve done that, you should be fine assuming the ceiling is flat.

20. zom247

Mobster

Yes I followed the template but it's still wrong, there are threads about it on the Ubiquiti forums. Sorted it now though, I got some heavy duty velcro and stuck it on so now it looks great. Hopefully it will not have to come down for a long time :)