*** Official Ubiquiti Discussion Thread ***

Soldato
So you have a PC hardwired into some sort of Router/AP which is which is transmitting some sort of WiFi signal which is then getting picked up by some sort of device in your bedroom... You need to be more specific.

Associate
Anyone using a 24V 1A power supply on their ER-X they can recommend?

I want to power a UAP-AC-LR via the ER-X (without using the injector on the AP or ER-X) but the ER-X only comes with 0.5A supply.

Soldato
Network cable

^^ This, nothing beats wired.

I've lost count of the hours that I've lost trying to "stream" media that the underlying wireless (of it's time) "should" have been able to cope with, it's folly.

Honestly it's quicker just to get the carpet and floorboards up and run some network cable. (cheaper too).

HEADRAT

Last edited:
Soldato
In the past 2 weeks I've deployed a small setup to a business through work, 3 UAP's, I'm sizing a temporary media event up today which will need 2 and I have a large project we're working on where I'm planning on deploying 17 Pico's with Unifi software on.

Has anybody seen/using https://spotipo.com/ ?? It seems ot be that final little filler that Unifi doesn't yet have the functionality for, I'm about to trial a few people on it.

Caporegime
where is the best place to buy one of these?

Also the best bang for your buck access point?

Where is the best place to position if you can only get 1 for your home? Upstairs in the hallway?

Soldato
I bought 3 Ubiquiti U-AP-AC-LR access points, all singles with PoE injectors in the boxes.

None of them will power up. Not from the supplied PoE injectors or from my TP-Link TP-1600 52 PoE switch. The switch is capable of af and at flavours of PoE and it happily powers the Ubiquiti Cloud Switch so it should work, I think.

Can I really be so unlucky as to have got 3 duff access points or am I doing something fundamentally wrong?

Back
Top Bottom