*** Official Ubiquiti Discussion Thread ***

Soldato
SO in essence if I stuck one of these in the upstairs of my house, connected via ethernet, it would improve the wireless upstairs.

Son's xbox/pi etc are a bit flaky on wireless at the moment due to signal strength from router downstairs.

Permabanned
These look/perform great and the UI looks splendid. I considered buying a pair inc the router and a Poe switch but then for me it's unnecessary cost and additional work required to route cables to the ceiling and re-plastering walls.

If I was starting from scratch I would defo go this route.

Soldato
How do they work over WiFi? What sort of speed do you get?

In my house I'd like to improve the WiFi but running ethernet cables is not practical at the moment. Powerline isn't keeping up with my FTTC speeds anymore.

The connect to each other forming a wireless bridge. Ok for most things but gaming will suffer due to the extra latency. Speed will be near max for downloading etc.

Soldato
So after endless problems with Apple Airports in a highly congested office block we've just put two AP Pros in and the difference so far is remarkable. Consistent 150mbps connection to the internet over wireless via Virgin and the signal, while tailing off speed wise, stays connected four floors down and into the pub on the ground floor! A bonus for 'off site' meetings.

Associate
Just a little feedback on this. I'm really happy with the Pro unit I bought. The range is fantastic. I don't need a second one. I'm a bit sad about this to be honest lol! Was looking forward to having a zoned setup. Might still do it when or if i finally clean out my garage. Or, I might stick one near the back of the house for better garden wifi. To be honest though, i'm just looking for a reason to buy a second one at this point :)

Wifi used to go up and down all the time in my house with an integrated router and access point (7 year old DIR-655 D-Link). Now, with just my VM SuperHub and this AP everything is absolutely rock solid.

Thanks for the tip off to get one of these guys.

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

Just a little feedback on this. I'm really happy with the Pro unit I bought. The range is fantastic. I don't need a second one. I'm a bit sad about this to be honest lol! Was looking forward to having a zoned setup. Might still do it when or if i finally clean out my garage. Or, I might stick one near the back of the house for better garden wifi. To be honest though, i'm just looking for a reason to buy a second one at this point :)

Wifi used to go up and down all the time in my house with an integrated router and access point (7 year old DIR-655 D-Link). Now, with just my VM SuperHub and this AP everything is absolutely rock solid.

Thanks for the tip off to get one of these guys.
Excellent news! I know the feeling about wanting to buy one more "just 'cause"... =)

Soldato
These look/perform great and the UI looks splendid. I considered buying a pair inc the router and a Poe switch but then for me it's unnecessary cost and additional work required to route cables to the ceiling and re-plastering walls.

If I was starting from scratch I would defo go this route.

The AP's come with PoE injectors if you don't want the switch etc :)

Associate
I setup my Lite other day, got controller on my main debian VM and works like a champ. Only have 38mb infinity and can max that everywhere in my house now too. Will do some more tweaking over weekend to see what it can do but Im very happy and when my net gets faster I will hopefully be able to just add another one downstairs to increase speeds if needed.

Associate
Which models still support zero handoff, need to purchase some soon.

/Edit: Preferably with AC functionality to be future proof...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom