*** Official Ubiquiti Discussion Thread ***

Associate
Firmware updated, and I have tried a fresh setup of the AP. Changing the ethernet cables has made it more stable so far although it did run ok for a while before so will see.
Thanks for all the help guys :)

Soldato
You should also use a fixed IP out side of the pool of the IP's handed out by your DHCP server or reserve the IP if the Q Box has that function.

For example on my Router i have the DHCP IP range as 192.168.1.11 to 192.168.1.254 the first 10 addresses i have reserved for things i want to have fixed IP such as my AP's, Router and Home Server.

Associate
Firmware updated, and I have tried a fresh setup of the AP. Changing the ethernet cables has made it more stable so far although it did run ok for a while before so will see.
Thanks for all the help guys :)

Turn off Uplink monitoring, it's *really* rubbish. I've got some older ones without it and they seem to be doing ok :p

rX8V7Yv.jpg

Soldato
Just joined the Ubiquity club. Needed to replace an ageing TP-Link AP which died today, so purchased a AC PRO to go with my Cisco 2602i. Controller installed and ready :D.

Soldato
Anybody had a chance to play with the new Rocket Prism (and Gen2) models yet? I've just requested one along with some AC Gen2 clients for some dev and testing at work but I've read some good stuff on them (on the UBNT community).

Associate
Now had the AmpliFi system up and running for about 5 days. I've also got an AmpliFi HD mesh point installed, which has significantly improved 5GHz coverage. I must say overall that it is extremely stable/reliable, I've not had connection issues on any device so far.
How is the system without any mesh points? Asking for a friend who is moving relatively soon would a standard 3 bed house be ok if it was just placed central then upgrade to a few mesh points in future?
On 76mb but wont expect full bw all through house I doubt just a decent enough signal for sonos etc.

Soldato
Sorry if this has already been confirmed in this thread - haven't got the time at this very moment to read through :)
Do the latest version of the UniFi products support direct POE without the need for injectors? So I can just install a standard POE switch?
Setting one up for my brother now, would like to take the POE switch option if possible.
Ta

Associate
How is the system without any mesh points? Asking for a friend who is moving relatively soon would a standard 3 bed house be ok if it was just placed central then upgrade to a few mesh points in future?
On 76mb but wont expect full bw all through house I doubt just a decent enough signal for sonos etc.

It worked pretty well without the mesh point. With the router alone it covered my entire 5 bed house with 2.4GHz, my previous router a Synology RT2600AC couldn't do this.

Soldato
Sorry if this has already been confirmed in this thread - haven't got the time at this very moment to read through :)
Do the latest version of the UniFi products support direct POE without the need for injectors? So I can just install a standard POE switch?
Setting one up for my brother now, would like to take the POE switch option if possible.
Ta

There was a silent upgrade the new revision Lites and LR support standard POE.

It would have this blue sticker on the box if it is the new revision though.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Ubiquiti/comments/5unz3z/uapaclrs_now_supporting_8023af_seems_like/

POE%20LR%20AP

Last edited:
Associate
It worked pretty well without the mesh point. With the router alone it covered my entire 5 bed house with 2.4GHz, my previous router a Synology RT2600AC couldn't do this.
Thanks for that.

Got a EdgeRouter X coming tomorrow to go with my Unifi Ac Lite.
Any gotchas or tips/tricks. Will be setting up with BT FTTC using open reach modem.

Associate
Got a EdgeRouter X coming tomorrow to go with my Unifi Ac Lite.
Any gotchas or tips/tricks. Will be setting up with BT FTTC using open reach modem.

You can do most of the configuration using the wizards. It's also worth using UPnP2 instead of the default UPnP service. There are guides on the Ubiquiti forum telling you how to configure it, it's just a couple of terminal commands.

Back
Top Bottom