*** Official Ubiquiti Discussion Thread ***

Soldato
Amazon. You mean Amazon? You can say Amazon you know. Amazon.

(Sorry, one of my pet peeves).

I need to get an AP to give me coverage in the back garden, the AC-LR's at the front of the house don't reach far enough to get past the patio.

Soldato
Amazon. You mean Amazon? You can say Amazon you know. Amazon.

(Sorry, one of my pet peeves).

I need to get an AP to give me coverage in the back garden, the AC-LR's at the front of the house don't reach far enough to get past the patio.

The Pros are some what water proof if you want to mount outside.

Last edited:
Soldato
So having bought a AC-PRO and loving it so far, what are peoples opinion of the USG?

At the moment I run a ASA 5510 which handles 3 networks and Any Connect. its now showing its age and im looking for something which is quieter and less power hungry. I was looking at a 5508 but I cant get one used without the Clockrate bug which could turn it into a brick.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've had a play with a USG and a notable comment from someone who works and distributes the USG's said that the basic model whilst is good for having the graphs and DPI, would suit a home network fine. Once you start running decent traffic through and loading them up they do tend to fall over.

My experience with the USG was good, graphs were very pretty but I found myself very restricted as the interface is very basic.

Soldato
I've had a play with a USG and a notable comment from someone who works and distributes the USG's said that the basic model whilst is good for having the graphs and DPI, would suit a home network fine. Once you start running decent traffic through and loading them up they do tend to fall over.

My experience with the USG was good, graphs were very pretty but I found myself very restricted as the interface is very basic.

Somewhere I read said it's capable of 300mbps easily, which on ftcc will be enough. Also many extra things can be done via cli?

Soldato
Chaps. 3x unifi AC APs in the house, what channels shall I set the 5ghz to ? Or do I leave 5gz in auto and boot them up one by one ?

2.4ghz are on 1, 6 and 11 (low power)

Soldato
Unless you have a good reason not to leave all the channels on auto.

It'll sort itself out, and will be able to react as the networks around you chop and change.

I thought 5ghz only surveys on a reboot of the AP, after this it doesn't change dynamically.

Il leave it as it is for time being, see how it goes.

Thanks mate

Soldato
So having bought a AC-PRO and loving it so far, what are peoples opinion of the USG?

Its shiney and nice with lights and gives me an extra graph in the controller...........I really really should get to grips with my network. All the gear but no idea.....

Soldato
How do I set up port forwarding so I can access my synology NAS (surveillance station) when away.

I have a Virgin hub in modem mode and A USG

I think Ive set up Forwrding on the USG, BUt when trying to set up the NAS its asking for a router in a drop down list but the USH isn't one listed

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom