*** Official Ubiquiti Discussion Thread ***

Soldato
The Cloud Gateway Ultra came into stock in the EU store so I've now got: 1x Cloud Gateway Ultra, 2x Lite-8-PoE Switches, and 1x U6+ AP on the way :D

Last edited:
Man of Honour
A three week old WD Purple Pro failed this morning in my UDM-SE. I haven’t bothered to plug it back in, just sent it back and ordered a new one. It’s a genuine drive as WD let me register the warranty but I find it a little odd. I do back up detections to iCloud so all is not lost but still frustrating.

Man of Honour
HDD's tend to follow the bathtub curve so a disk fail quickly isn't totally unexpected.
I guess it's due to the fact I've ordered many HDDs over the years (more than I'd like to mention) and in every failure I've had it's been after a few years constant use. I don't think I've had any DOA or early failures before.

Soldato
I guess it's due to the fact I've ordered many HDDs over the years (more than I'd like to mention) and in every failure I've had it's been after a few years constant use. I don't think I've had any DOA or early failures before.
I tend to buy HGST SAS helium drives, the MTBF numbers are obscene and reality at this point certainly doesn't disagree with that, i’d choose the SATA heliums if you want longevity.

Soldato
Ok
When it says 'no internet' does the device have a valid IP? Can you download a ping app onto one of the devices and then see if you can ping the ER-X when it's reporting no internet access?

Try to avoid saying 'latest firmware' as there's various different release channels so the latest version will actually be multiple different versions. It's better if you quote version numbers.

I've had a bit of a go at this last night.
Fully reset the ER X SFP back to default settings and setup a basic setup. All up and running ok, Reset the AP back to factory and all ok also. Same issue exists with Apple devices. They are all getting IP addresses. I still need to ping the ERX from the device though.
The U7 Pro AP firmware is 7.0.47. They drop in and out with data but remain connected to WiFi. I'm very confused currently.
Controller is run from my Desktop PC. Controller version 8.0.26. I have found multiple threads on the same issue but they generally state to go into settings>Site which I cannot see in the Windows App.

Last edited:
Soldato
Fully reset the ER X SFP back to default settings and setup a basic setup. All up and running ok, Reset the AP back to factory and all ok also. Same issue exists with Apple devices. They are all getting IP addresses. I still need to ping the ERX from the device though.
Are the devices getting a valid IP or a 169.254.x.x IP? Resetting the AP isn't likely to make a big difference, as soon as it connects to the controller it'll pull the existing config in.

Soldato
Are the devices getting a valid IP or a 169.254.x.x IP? Resetting the AP isn't likely to make a big difference, as soon as it connects to the controller it'll pull the existing config in.
Yep, all getting a valid IP.
I've since done a network reset on the apple devices and looks like they are connecting ok now. They were on all morning so will see what like when she arrives home tonight. Stuck DNS or something on them?

Soldato
Yep, all getting a valid IP.
I've since done a network reset on the apple devices and looks like they are connecting ok now. They were on all morning so will see what like when she arrives home tonight. Stuck DNS or something on them?
Ok no joy, all back off the network. It appears the DNS is pointing to the IP address of the modem which is in bridge mode. I've tried changing the DNS on each device but no joy.

Soldato
Are you using the ER-X or UDMP as your router? I assume which ever one is in use is your DHCP server?
I am currently using the ER-X and have been for a number of years. This is also the DHCP server. I also do have a UDMP which I was going to deploy after the kitchen was done as power is constantly on/off. I'll try it today though as they won't be back for a few days.

RSR

RSR

Soldato

Improvements
Added messaging for features that can cause performance degradation on the UniFi Express.
Added Firewall/Traffic Rule names to Inspection Logs.
Added Firewall Rules to prevent access to the Shadow Mode Management link.
Allow wildcards for A/AAAA DNS records.
Improved validation for ACL Rules.
Improved Inspection Logs user experience.
Temporarily removed the ability to add new CNAME records. This will return in a future release.

Bugfixes
Fixed an issue where the suppression allowlist was not populating correctly.
Fixed page crash when hovering over ports with SFP Modules.
Fixed an issue where the Network Filter in the topology page was showing incorrect numbers.
Fixed DHCP validation for /30 subnets.
Fixed an issue where Ad Block filters were shown on setups with USGs.
Fixed an issue where deleting multiple Virtual Networks can cause configuration issues on switch ports.
Fixed missing IPv6 WAN address when using SLAAC/DHCPv6-PD for DS-Lite.

Soldato
Update on the apple saga...
ripped out the ER-X, Netgear switch and wiped everything ubiquiti from my pc.
I've set the UDMP and 16 port PoE switche up from scratch again, updated everything, made new WiFi radio channels etc and let it out in the wild.

So far everything seems to be running smooth, no buffering on firesticks today, my work laptop has latched on perfectly to WiFi every time and the best one at all, all her apple devices instantly connected when she walked in the door. Let's hope it continues.

Last edited:

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Worked fine last year when I was with Aquiss.
Hmm, it may be a user error then, as I have set it up on the WAN and can see it picks up an IPv6 address.

Since the latest updates, they have moved menus about but must be missing something else.

Internet

ZRbqJjs.jpg

Network

The GW etc... all populates I have just removed them from that picture and internally it works.

4gE0CeQ.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Hmm, it may be a user error then, as I have set it up on the WAN and can see it picks up an IPv6 address.

Since the latest updates, they have moved menus about but must be missing something else.

Internet

ZRbqJjs.jpg

Network

The GW etc... all populates I have just removed them from that picture and internally it works.

4gE0CeQ.jpg
Works for me...

Back
Top Bottom