******Official War Thunder Thread*******

Soldato
War thunder OCUK Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/OCUKWT?ref=ts&fref=ts

Info:
War Thunder offers a highly detailed and personalized aviation experience, giving players access to hundreds models of planes with detailed cockpits, dozens of upgradeable weapons, and flying skills that can be honed and improved with each mission. Thanks to the game’s painstaking attention to detail, you’ll truly feel like a World War II fighter pilot as you plunge into battle.

The genuine World War II experience isn’t limited to the skies. The massive historical battles featured in War Thunder cannot be fought by aviation alone, so the game will also expose players to combat on land and at sea.
Features include:

Features include:

Varied PvP-experiences set in full-scale combat missions

Multiple settings options allow advanced virtual pilots and beginners to enjoy playing the game together

Rich PvE content: dynamic campaigns, solo missions, mission editor, and much more for single-player and cooperative gameplay

Official website: http://warthunder.com/

Pictures:

http://warthunder.com/upload/image/1000x700/WT_screenshot_5.jpg

http://warthunder.com/upload/image/1000x700/july_screen8.jpg

No hotlinked images. If you want to post them then please rehost on your own webspace. Thank you.

Videos:

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Only been playing it for an hour or so but its great fun! easy to fly with a mouse & keyboard its much better than world of planes, there are five different nations U.K, German , USA, Japan & Russia to choose from each nation has fighters or bombers. The controls are easy to pick up there is arcade mode and historical (which is more realistic) & coop mission, I can't say to much due to the NA but well worth signing up for beta once I get some keys will give some away on this tread.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Much better Neil warplanes is dull compared to this, the flying is more exciting, faster and more responsive. War Thunder is from the same company who made IL2!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I enjoy it more personal preference I guess, it has more/better game modes the cockpit view is nice addition and a lot of nations/planes to choose from.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Ofc its not as good as real flight sim like IL:2 but its much better than world of warplanes thats for sure :p

Soldato
is there any way to download the full game as via the launcher its taking an age and I've got 64 meg connection ?

Tried the download torrent link but that was dreadful.

Said it was going to take 3 years 31 weeks to download :)

Last edited:
Associate
I don't know if the download resumes after interruption, but I got to about 50% yesterday and had to turn off my system. Relaunched the launcher today and it was just stuck on "Checking launcher update, please wait..." :/

Edit: Scratch that, it does resume. 3GB remaining. ETA 48mins :D

Permabanned
I think this is quite fun

In future will battles incorporate all categories ie air/ground/navy etc in 1 fight?

Also what the max player per battle llimit?

Permabanned
I downloaded war thunder recently and it downloaded at a reasonable speed so I think download issues may have been fixed.

Anyone playing this? Its got about 20k players online at peak hours so plenty of people to play against.

I'm playing as brits atm and I'm level 3, got two hurricanes, a blenheim bomber and a typhoon I got for being in closed beta.

Graphics are superb and I'm playing the game maxed out on middling specs smoothly.

Its a lot of fun, and even though most people only play arcade there is a tremendous amount of strategy involved.

Loads of fun and I reccomend.

Back
Top Bottom