*** Official Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Thread***

WoW wasnt PvP it was a grind on player controlled mobs, that and the whole treadmill like system killed it for me, I have a job and responsibilitys I cant play every week anymore so I cant have good stuff? No thxs once a guildmate cancelled his holidays casue it would stop him getting another honour rank i knew it was just sooo wrong.

you do relise they took that system out ? is now done on points that you can collect as an when you want.

Altho the rest of your post i agree with :D

Is it like wow in rank? As in leveling up?

And would it be suitable for casual gamers or will you need 4hrs+ for the later stages to complete things?

You have your normal rank (which for the sake of argument I will call PvE level), and you have your reknown rank (which I will call RvR level). Whenever you kill someone in RvR, capture a strategic objective, capture a keep/fortress/city/zone etc..you get experience for both your "PvE" level and your "RvR" level (thus its possible to level from level 1 in the game all the way to max level in the game purely by RvRing and never doing any monster bashing, though I wouldnt recommend it).

So really I tend to think of characters in an XX/YY format, so instead of someone being a level 34 character, I think of them as a 34/21 character for example (lvl 34 "pve" , lvl 21 "rvr")

Its reasonably suitable for casual gamers, (or as suitable as MMOs ever are), although obviously the higher the level the more experience you require to get to the next level just as with any mmo.

interesting, for White rose is there like a sign up thing or is it just a shout out on the forums ?
Id be quite interesting in joining, would be awesome to start the game with some guildies :D

We aren't "actively" recruiting, but then again we rarely have. Just pop a post on the genreral forum if you're interested. No requirements, just a willingness to have fun.
We haven't confirmed whether we will be going order or destruction yet, but we will be going for the underpopulated side (we like being underdogs).

As said, it's quite suitable for casual gamers. Can't say too much due to NDA, but I found no problem in soloing and had more than enough cash for my mount at the required level. I can however forsee some problems completing PQs if your not in the initial "levelling rush".

I had some great times on the Excal / Prydwen server, but the release of ToA, I think it was, ruined it for me so I stumped for re-rolling on one of the Classic servers (Glastonbury I think) and that was brilliant until numbers dropped and dropped.

Hopefully WAR will keep the players playing about in RvR for as long as DAoC did, and if it does I will be there with it :)

Just a quick reminder - if anyone wants to apply for a DESTRUCTION guild, we have a limited few places left.

Http://www.remnantsofsanity.co.uk

We currently have 60 members, all active and a well run guild. Could use a couple of classes, mainly Witch Elves. Exceptional applications considered for all roles though.

Enjoy :)

So is the Euro website back up yet then?

GOA are not impressing me so far, Im starting to wish for SOE level of support and thats not good.
Yeah it is back up now, a day late. I'm the same with GOA, I'm not loving them at the moment and I really hope they don't screw up the game for everyone as they weren't great either during DAOC.

So is the Euro website back up yet then?

GOA are not impressing me so far, Im starting to wish for SOE level of support and thats not good.

To be fair, it wasnt exactly a simple procedure, so its understandable that GOA took a few more hours than originally planned

Anything new on the site then?
Like the ability to log my Pre order CE codes so I can get on the Beta?

Doesnt look like theres anything new when I took a brief look. Didnt see any new section for entering CE codes, mind you I dont think WAR EU have confirmed yet that EU CE codes get closed beta entry anyway

It took about 18 months before the EU WoW site was anything other than a pale shadow of the US one. I'll do the same as I did then, go to the US site for info and the EU site for account related stuff.

i hope the guys could keep the good points of Daoc, i'd say Daoc was the second best MMO i ever played after UO. I will play this but casualy because i'm not looking forward to getting back to my old no life state and anyway the GF wouldn't like that :p

Deffo want to roll Chaos Zealot, ive always enjoyed being a support class in games. I like hiding behind the big tanks being protected (hopefully).
Looking forward to the RvR hopefully people will stick to it keeping it action packed ! :D

As long as support is done well for RvR ill deffo go that way.

I just hope they get it right, its a tricky one to do, In WoW as a mage I always felt that Shadow Preists could keep up DPS wise and heal themselves which was abit unfair.

In SWG Combat Medics were soooo over powered (pre CU) that once they turned up everyone went home cause it was fight over.

Balance is the key, and i guess well see how it turns out.

As long as support is done well for RvR ill deffo go that way.

I just hope they get it right, its a tricky one to do, In WoW as a mage I always felt that Shadow Preists could keep up DPS wise and heal themselves which was abit unfair.

In SWG Combat Medics were soooo over powered (pre CU) that once they turned up everyone went home cause it was fight over.

Balance is the key, and i guess well see how it turns out.

I think mythic did well in daoc for class balance considering they have 30+ classes in various group configurations. Blizzard are terrible considering they just mirrored ally/horde and still cant get it right

I think mythic did well in daoc for class balance considering they have 30+ classes in various group configurations. Blizzard are terrible considering they just mirrored ally/horde and still cant get it right

Agreed, considering that Mythic actually bothered to make all the classes in the 3 realms very different, I think they did a really good job of balancing them all.

Not particularly worried on that score, I just hope the PvE end of thing is held up too, DaoC was always a bit bland when it came to PvE.

I didnt think WAR was going to have that much PVE end game. Thought it was mainly going to focus on the RvR ?

Could have sworn I heard somewhere that there wasnt going to be any Instanted (ie like WoW) dungeons in WAR at all. I could be wrong ofc.

Back
Top Bottom