*** Official Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Thread***

Are you guys satisfied from GOA so far? (Seriously asking I wasn't so up2date till now and only have bad experience with them from the old DAOC days).
Seen this on the alliance forums:

jamesversuscopyaj4.jpg

What's the big deal?

What's the big deal?

Well unless I'm falling into some type of elaborate double bluff, the inference is that EA-Mythic (who are handling it in the States) are very pro-active in responding to questions, whereas GOA (who are handling it in Europe) are not.

Hence the one GOA post being highlighted amongst a load of EA-Mythic posts...

Well GOA's role in daoc was basically operation of the servers, applying patches, and language translation. They've stated a greater role (and more "poweh") within WAR but it hasnt materialised yet.

Well unless I'm falling into some type of elaborate double bluff, the inference is that EA-Mythic (who are handling it in the States) are very pro-active in responding to questions, whereas GOA (who are handling it in Europe) are not.

The easy response to that would be that there is little point in GOA responding to something that Mythic already have. All I would want from GOA are the EU specific questions answered, the general WAR ones can come from Mythic.

To be honest, I don't really care who runs the servers, it will be the same game and if the service is poor, I will just quit and either try the US or play another game.

Well that would be a bit of a daft reason if it is indeed the reason. Looking at the two people in question, James EAMythic has made a total of 188 posts, whereas IainC_GOA has made a total of 263 posts. So Goa have actually posted more than Mythic on that particular forum.

I agree, it's also worth pointing out that those posts are on Warhammeralliance which is a fan site as well so they aren't under any official obligation to post there...

Well that would be a bit of a daft reason if it is indeed the reason. Looking at the two people in question, James EAMythic has made a total of 188 posts, whereas IainC_GOA has made a total of 263 posts. So Goa have actually posted more than Mythic on that particular forum.

True but IainC_GOA has 0.3 posts per day, James has 0.5 :)

shock33: They kinda are, but kinda not. They aren't having any official forums for the game (GOA or Mythic) so they said they'll be actively posting on fan site forums instead and currrently it looks like Warhammer Alliance will be the official unofficial Warhammer forums.

True but IainC_GOA has 0.3 posts per day, James has 0.5 :)

shock33: They kinda are, but kinda not. They aren't having any official forums for the game (GOA or Mythic) so they said they'll be actively posting on fan site forums instead and currrently it looks like Warhammer Alliance will be the official unofficial Warhammer forums.

IainC posts on http://forums.freddyshouse.com/warhammer-308/ aswell which is pretty much the most active EU forum ive found but its still nowhere near as active as warhammer alliance
magnusK posts there aswell btw

IainC has over 3k posts there btw lol guess he was a comunity manager for DAOC aswell which is why his post count is so high on that site

Last edited:
Hmmmm, So £40 from EA store, or £28 for a Boxed version.

If you purchase that does that mean your 30 subscription starts from when you start open beta, or from the headstart date or official live date?

Hmmmm, So £40 from EA store, or £28 for a Boxed version.

If you purchase that does that mean your 30 subscription starts from when you start open beta, or from the headstart date or official live date?

The time you spend in beta won't affect the 30-day free subscription

Well I can get the collectors edition for 69.99... or the previous options. I really don't think the collectors version is worth it if you get the same in game benefits by going to EA's store.

Back
Top Bottom