****** Official World of Tanks OcUK Clan ******

Enjoyed my first 4 platoon matches tonight. Won 2, Lost 2. With Sarge, Defrag and a random clan.

Was fun, we NEED to sort an ocuk platoon out. I have got some players in mind to ask. (Played Tier 8 "Champion" game mode.) :)

Soldato
moved up to tier 3 after 2 days playing :) now rocking a slightly warm t-46 :) love it when you get pitched in against level 1 and 2's :)

Soldato
moved up to tier 3 after 2 days playing :) now rocking a slightly warm t-46 :) love it when you get pitched in against level 1 and 2's :)

Oh don't you worry, moment you hit tier 4 it feels like you were kicked in the nads. Highest you can be matched against in T3 is T5 where you still have a chance, highest in T4 is T7/8 where you are simply cannon fodder.

I like the sound of the new tank companies. Tried it a few times in the past and my experience of them has always been on the receiving end of a T10 rapefest. Got a GW Panther ready to join in as T6 arty and once I get my Ferdi's new gun I should be some use with that too (if slow till I get my engines).

Nice. Do you know which way you are going? T50 is an awesome scout tank, but that is all you will be, a scout, however the T28 is a fair medium (once you get the Zis8) and although until it is fully upgraded the KV is a poor heavy the KV3+ are a pleasure to play, especially the IS3 and the IS4.

Soldato
choices choices,

not really sure which route i fancy but its invaluable snippets like yours that will see me sway one way or another,might switch entirely and pursue down one of the spg routes :)

Soldato
Will try to get a company together again tonight at around 8pm if anyone is interested. I think we win more than we lose, even with the lack of tactics!!! It's only against the clans with gold ammo do we struggle :)

Soldato
Enjoying the company battles at the moment. We seem to be able to beat most opponents at medium level, winning around 8/10 games but when we move up to Champion we seem to struggle big time and I can't put my finger on it as we really shouldn't. I'd say at Champion level we win 3/10 games which is fairly dire :) and something we need to work on.

I've noticed a lot of teams at this level seem to prefer the TDs in defense, everyone else push down a single column in one area of the map totally overwhelming any tanks you may have there. It's either this, or they camp in defense. I don't know what the answer to this is.

Oh and thanks to the free time and 5x XP week, I now have my IS-4, IS-7 in the USSR tree and I am very close to the T34 & T30 in the USA tree. This means when they release the forthcoming patch I'll have four Tier X tanks and some free tanks, garage slots and 100% crew. As I already own KV with the KV2 turret and the KV3 - I'll get some free tanks for those as well. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
I've noticed a lot of teams at this level seem to prefer the TDs in defense, everyone else push down a single column in one area of the map totally overwhelming any tanks you may have there. It's either this, or they camp in defense. I don't know what the answer to this is.

The only option is probably to use a T4/5 scout and figure out what they're doing. If you see a big line of tanks moving 1 way and very little or nothing going another then you just have to re-position everyone to be ready for it.

Soldato
Yeah thats something we normally lack. A King Leo or T-50-2 should be mandatory even though you lose a heavy tank, I guess it's preferable to position your available tanks to couter any attack than to be split all over the map.

Associate
I noticed on some maps that arties win you the game...
Remember lads when we fought this bloke in SU-14 who got 6 kills in the end? he was accurate as ****! some tanks were not even spotted when they got killed.
2 good arties are a must, I got t-50-2 but this thing gets killed to easily is champion games... (even with 75% camo on all crew, net, binos and optics I get spotted when stand still and driving and dodging those shells is insane) types59 are use often here and might be better to do the scouting.

Soldato
Yeah that was crazy ridiculous, not sure how he was doing that TBH.

Perhaps the King Leo could be the answer, it's not as quick as the T-50-2 but AFAIK is better armoured and less likely to be tracked and then subsequently destroyed. I also have a T-50-2 with the upgraded oil module in lieu of a fire fighting kit, I don't mind giving it a go. Link also has the T-50-2 so we have plenty of options for some scouting.

Soldato
Yeah thats something we normally lack. A King Leo or T-50-2 should be mandatory even though you lose a heavy tank, I guess it's preferable to position your available tanks to couter any attack than to be split all over the map.

Tbh I'd stick with a T4 scout. Everything I've read about the T5 scouts seems to say they get better health/armour and pack more firepower but are a hell of a lot less camouflaged. It can survive more than 1 shot but its still never gonna be a match for T8 heavies and the only time it'll stand a chance against a TD is if its alone and it can get behind it.

I'm really starting to love the Marder II :D

shot002je.jpg

Was an epic match. We were down by about 5 tanks more, then held out with an amazing defence and wound up even with 3 tanks each left.

Associate
Last time I played this was a few weeks after launch, how is the game? And how is the OcUK clan doing?

Last I remember they were trying to bring in some sort of competitive clan on clan battles, has that turned into anything or is it still just an idea?

Soldato
At the moment we're just playing for fun, I think we have enough people who know what they are doing and have decent tanks but as I stated, we play and don't really follow any set plans hence why we tend to get trashed in the higher tiers. Medium class we seem to do very well.

Another issue is we normally end up packing out the company with randoms as there are only 4 or 5 of us that join, while there seems to be about 10+ people playing the game itself and we can see online. Those that do end up in the company join the ocuk mumble which is good.

Associate
Id suggest some of you guys with IS3 and higher tier tanks join some Champion companies and play a few games with them to simply find out some tactics they use in Champion battles.

I'll be gathering my intel in Medium ones for some time as Ive just elited the KV3 and need credits to get JagPanther, IS, T-34-85 and SU-100 :) Companies seem like the safest way to do it as you get best credit/win ratio (loss is -5k, win is cashing 15-25k after repairs and ammo).

Last edited:
Soldato
Don't tank company battles work by the winning team taking a portion of the opponents exp/credits so they always get significantly more? So long as you've got a good team you should be able to make much more than in random battles but you can just as easily make a lot less.

Ferdinand has become a lot more enjoyable with the new gun. Got the 1st engine which helped but didn't make much difference and still got about 28k till the 2nd engine which should be noticeably better. So I may be a little slow but at least I can actually damage T8-10 tanks with some reliability.

Getting tempted to grab 5500 gold for 2 months premium and 3 garage slots the next time they have a half price offer on.

Back
Top Bottom