****** Official World of Tanks OcUK Clan ******

Soldato
Fave tank of all time was the OLD chaffee - just loved it. Such a punchy little tank. Best ever XP 2943 - that was BASE. Then the wrecked it and started to introduce higher tier LTs. Boooo.

Soldato
Oh blast - how could I have forgotten the original T50-2 pre-physics. That was just amazing. Those amazing 70kph circle straffs making HTs look stupid. It was glorious.

Just google some old games for the lols

Soldato
ARRRGGGHHHHH - I detest the Emil 1.

The gun handling is TERRIBLE, the pen is just enough to give you hope, yet provide endless bounces, the accuracy is shocking, the alpha is just enough to leave tanks on 20hp again and again and again.

It should be great, encourage good map awareness and reward hull down position knowledge.

But, I HAVE NEVER had a tank that seems to give endless games where we get steam rolled.

I try to play it a bit like the T54E1 but with a better turret (not T9s/10s proof as they just go straight through). T54E1 = 53% w.r. Emil1 45% :(

I must be doing something very wrong as my damage per battle is very low and better than only 24% of players. I've tried holding back, being patient, waiting to mid/end game when tanks are clippable, supporting sticking with the heavies, sticking with the lights and still I suck in it. 208 battles fully upgraded and still 30k away from the Emil 2.

The Emil 2 had better be an improvment. ARRGGHHHH.

Strv 103-0 on the other hand is brilliant.

Last edited:
Soldato
Nice video Link!

I really like my Emil I, currently 65% win rate. I don't do lots of damage (36%) with 76/46 kills.

I do have a full female crew with 3 skills in it which might help somewhat.

Unlocked the AMX M4 45 as I want the AMX 50 100 with 6 shell auto-loader, since playing the Skoda T-50 and the new French LT's I love auto-loaders!

Soldato
I really like my Emil I, currently 65% win rate. I don't do lots of damage (36%) with 76/46 kills.

I do have a full female crew with 3 skills in it which might help somewhat.

I've got 3 skill crew as well. I think I need to play it a lot more cautiously. Almost see the turret as a bonus. The inter shot delay of 3 seconds is also long enough that using the whole clip is sometimes difficult.

The problem is tanks like defender, you pop out pen 1 from 4 and take 400 gold ammo through the turret.

Last edited:
Associate
ARRRGGGHHHHH - I detest the Emil 1.

The gun handling is TERRIBLE, the pen is just enough to give you hope, yet provide endless bounces, the accuracy is shocking, the alpha is just enough to leave tanks on 20hp again and again and again.

It should be great, encourage good map awareness and reward hull down position knowledge.

But, I HAVE NEVER had a tank that seems to give endless games where we get steam rolled.

I try to play it a bit like the T54E1 but with a better turret (not T9s/10s proof as they just go straight through). T54E1 = 53% w.r. Emil1 45% :(

I must be doing something very wrong as my damage per battle is very low and better than only 24% of players. I've tried holding back, being patient, waiting to mid/end game when tanks are clippable, supporting sticking with the heavies, sticking with the lights and still I suck in it. 208 battles fully upgraded and still 30k away from the Emil 2.

The Emil 2 had better be an improvment. ARRGGHHHH.

Strv 103-0 on the other hand is brilliant.

I thought it was just me.

I unlocked this over the weekend, have you seen QuickyBaby's review?
https://youtu.be/aglyJJWRFqE

I watched this and thought ok, yes I will buy it.

Base gun is awful and has to be one of the worst in the game.

Like you guys I have 3 x female 3 skill crew running and even now I am regretting unlocking it and clicking buy.

I ran out of free XP to fully unlock the tracks or engine upgrade but I actually did grind the gun over the last few days..waiting and hoping it improves.

Having spent all yesterday on the game (some 54 games with 37 wins anmd over 1.2 Million credits to the good) Today I had to switch off after 4 consecutive defeats...its almost as though they let you have a single day now and then which actually rewards your effort then pulverize you over the coming days....today was one of those slap in the face days...poor teams and often the last man standing in a 15-2 mauling....not fun at all.

On reflection, perhaps that is why QB gets so many "free trips" on behalf of WG...he pushes out carp on tanks and others spend free XP or Gold to unlock stuff he recommends ....he gets lots of followers even more "perceived importance" and its a self fulfilling prophecy for WG...in a bad mood with this today switching off for now.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think QB is legit. He's a far, far better player than I will ever be. My win rate climbed steadily until about 15k games and then settled at 53%. Basically I'm better than most, not as good as many.

I tend to do better in tanks that have a lower skill cap like the well armoured heavies than the tanks like the comet that really reward the better players.

I was hoping the Emil would be a great tank for me, reward my knowledge of the maps and generally good awareness but it would appear not. Maybe I should stick to the Jap heavies!

Associate
Has anyone looked at the stats for the possible new tier 8 German heavy? A very slow moving fortress able to one shot most lower tiers with a 750 alpha damage!

Soldato
I watched SirFoch's 1st video on the new US Chrysler Premium and then the revised video he put up. He is bang on. Until WG start losing player numbers badly they will continue to milk the game. The fact they went all Gaijin on him is just stupid.

QB is a much calmer individual, more measured. The new trend in premium tanks is designed to farm noob/average players for cash. They can't beat a defender so they buy one.

The better players will still beat the new tanks cos they are better players, they read the map, they flank, they pick fights in their favour.

The only reason I can still stomach the game is to stop caring about win-rates - the only question I can ask is "did I make the right decisions there", "did I play well". If yes and yes be happy regardless of the result.

I lost a game yesterday - Me (Emil-1 on low HP) and another player in a strv-1 'vs' a Mauschen. He was capping as was the STRV-1. We were going to lose as he was 10 cap points in front when the strv started to cap. I went back to reset and told the strv what I was doing. On the way I loaded HE and splashed him with 4 shots doing about 100 damage and then got killed. At that point all the strv had to do was stay in the cap, he had ONE JOB. Nope, he left the cap and went back and died. I was frustrated as it cost me the XP for the win on a good game, but I just had to let it go. I made the right decisions and executed them. If that is not enough then it's not my fault. I could have sworn in chat, called the strv an idiot (which he was) but IT'S ONLY A GAME.

It's the only way I can still play. When my 9 y.o. son cheats playing monopoly, I let him win obviously. He now cheats a lot less as he learns that winning is less important than playing well. I can't expect other WoT players to learn that, but I can remember it !

Soldato
SirFoch already lost his community contributor status, see what happens with his WoT career after the Chrysler K video(s).

Something he said in one of his videos has really clicked in with me though, "I don't enjoy this game, I just play it to be competitive". I don't think I've enjoyed the game for some time now but simply play it as something that is addictive and feels competitive.

The game is really starting to fail in the latter because there are far better games out there for that and team play. The community and teamwork is non existent and when community is there it's mostly toxic. There are also plenty of games out there that make you feel good even after you lose or your team is essentially aiming with their feet. Here you just feel like you failed and somehow should have killed all 15 of the enemy players.

Matchmaker still needs a lot of work but seeing how long it's taken just for current changes to come in I'm not hopeful it will be fixed any time soon. Pay to win wall has definitely now been smashed and we are entering a new phase of having more and more powerful premiums tanks pumped out in a very regular basis.

That seems to be the only content that we are getting too. I really can't justify paying a premium time every month that could get me a monthly MMO subscription in games that provide far more content for example. We've had one corridor heavy map to suit new premium OP heavies and it's not like we are dealing with a small indie developer here.

Then there's just a lot of stupid little things that take far too long to fix, current issue albeit not a huge one, is boosting into inaccessible parts of the maps. Horsepower to tonne ratios have increased drastically with new LTs so people can access greyed out "hidden" parts. Not like something that couldn't be predicted or fixed in a timely manner but we'll see how long we have to wait for that to get sorted out.

FTM

FTM

Soldato
I am still amazed at how many people in higher tier tanks dont seem to understand the mechanics of the game

when you are camped as a td and the top tier heavy pulls up alongside you to camp in a bush..and you know full well his camo rating isnt going to help him 1 iota, you just think, whats the point in doing that..does he not know he will be spotted immediately. its even more irritaing now knowing he will become an artillery magnet and you get caught in the splash

and I am going to point a finger here...people who have bought a Lowe seem particularly prone to this!!

and I am by no means an above average player...I am bang average

but at least I try to know the strengths and failings of the vehicle I am driving!!

people who have bought a Lowe seem particularly prone to this!!

Racist! :p

In all serious I know exactly what you mean. The player base seems to be shifting towards most idiots as well. Take Lakeville as an example, the town is obviously the place heavies are meant to fight it out, with good cover, especially in encounter, but now, a lot of heavies go down the valley, to get caught by arty and the tds. Then wonder why they lose. :(

Soldato
Racist! :p

In all serious I know exactly what you mean. The player base seems to be shifting towards most idiots as well. Take Lakeville as an example, the town is obviously the place heavies are meant to fight it out, with good cover, especially in encounter, but now, a lot of heavies go down the valley, to get caught by arty and the tds. Then wonder why they lose. :(

Especially in encounter mode watched a type 5 heavy take the valley with 3 arty each side. Not capable of thought. Backed up by his 42%win rate over 19k games.

Back
Top Bottom