****** Official World of Tanks OcUK Clan ******

FTM

FTM

Soldato
what the the stats even mean?

I realise WoT tracks everything and a quick google says there loads of sites that tell you your stats....but I actually dont know the difference between wn7 or wn8

wn8 says its good...but what actually determines it??

I die a lot..24% chance I will survive it says..I dont play heavies so I assume that determines a lower average damage....

nearly 10k battles and I have never really looked into it all...I play to amuse myself I suppose not pad stats, sp not going to change now

Soldato
I agree that people should be able to play for whatever reason they want. If a 10 year old with a laptop/trackpad wants to play then fine.

But the way that the game rewards winning with better XP and credits makes it frustrating when a player loses the game for you.

I would advocate a change in the reward structure.

Winning team - Top 8 get full rewards. Next 3 get half rewards. Bottom 4 get nothing.
Losing team - Top 3 get full rewards. Next 8 get half. Bottom 4 get nothing.

Plus introduce random capatchas on game start - maybe once every 10 games. Or some other way to stop bots.

Associate
Really wish WG would give us more choice over the map types we end up playing.

What I mean by this is, is allow us to have check boxes in our setup for excluding certain map types; city maps being one, or certain sizes.

Just ended up playing Ensk in arty. Ensk imo should be for up to certain tiers, possibly 5/6 at a push. Mainly due to its size, 600m is no good to T9 arty or a T8+ tank.

I much more prefer large open maps.

If it means I end up waiting in the queue for the MM then so be it.

Soldato
Really wish WG would give us more choice over the map types we end up playing.

This would be very cool. But would just be abused. You would find malinovka full of LT,MT and arty. Prokorovka would be full of lTs trying to do spotting missions in the magic bush along with stealth TDs camping hard.

The issue I have with the map rotation change to the MM (which doesn't seem to work very well) is that trying to do missions sucks. You want a LT friendlt map for example. You get it, your team sucks and and it will be ages before you get it again.

Missions should be changed to be more focused on the individual player not dependant on the team.

Soldato
Just played a couple of games with one in.

1st game - CF was on enemy side. He got TKd in the 1st 30 seconds - LOL
2nd game - CF on our side. He had a 44% w.r and a sadly lacking WN8. He ended up in the bottom 3 with <200 damage done.

The idea of giving one to SirFoch is hysterical !

Soldato
The new cf (along with the defender) simply break T8 top tier games on certain maps if the players know what they are doing. WG will have to realise that at some point.

Until then just play T9.T10 and feast on them or play T5 and avoid them totally.

I saw a few people suicide in protest earlier as well.

WG have really messed up!

Associate
Well, I'm glad that I'm not head of PR at Wargaming. Busy weak ahead, to repair the damage of their heavy handed tactics. Jingles has now quit the Community Contributor Program as well.

Soldato
Well, I'm glad that I'm not head of PR at Wargaming. Busy weak ahead, to repair the damage of their heavy handed tactics. Jingles has now quit the Community Contributor Program as well.

Calling it a **** show is probably an understatement to be honest. It will be interesting whether they issue a grovelling apology or give two fingers up to the youtubers and say good riddance.

Soldato
I can't understand quite how the whole thing has got so out of control. Foch posted some personal opinion on a public forum. Just let it go. If someone calls me a "******* idiot", they are either right or wrong - other people are the best judge of that. Either way threatening them will only make me look stupid.

The whole WoT community is pretty toxic. If WG are so concerned about bad language and threats they should start to take in-game comments seriously. Earlier this week the arty player on our team was telling a Polish T29 (in a sensible arty safe hull down position) to scout. When he didn't, the arty player told him that he "get aids and should go back to Auschwitz" - THAT deserves a ban.

I made a point of messaging the T29 player afterwards and told him not everyone is an idiot and that I thought he had played well. He was really nice about it but did say he gets a lot of racist abuse as a result of being Polish.

On a happier note - I'm loving the O-Ni. Derpage is just hillarious. One-Shotted a full health BatChat 12t 30seconds into the game.... Seem to have found a tank that suits my skill ceiling lol - 77% win rate after 40 battles :)

NEMVwIz.jpg.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Calling it a **** show is probably an understatement to be honest. It will be interesting whether they issue a grovelling apology or give two fingers up to the youtubers and say good riddance.

Either way the issue at the heart of it all remains. New premium tanks are crossing into stat pad, pay to win territory. That's also the only content coming through, not only have we not seen new decent maps (Paris is only good for diving on heavies) but they need to fix existing ones for boosting into inaccessible areas.

Associate
It was actually the Wargaming NA PR Manager that decided to wade into a situation that wasn't anything to do with them.

Also, Jingles wasn't the first to quit the community contributor program over this as that honour went to PointyHairedJedi who announced his leaving the community contributor program on twitter, and these two aren't the only ones who are considering leaving as RitaGamer is also considering her community contributor status.

Soldato
I raise you two babes and a proper munter !! :p

3h4pe.jpg

Back
Top Bottom