****** Official World of Tanks OcUK Clan ******

Soldato
Always fancied that for a laugh but boy do I not want to grind that line, would have to start from AT2 or god forbid Churchill GC it to AT7.

Soldato
Also be interesting to see the armour model for Super Conqueror, hull armour at the front looks spaced.

Also once again changing the path to T54E1 and T57, those are going to go off the auto loading T71 line and Bulldog is having it's auto loader removed for good. Had to rebuy it since they changed the path from T49 recently and changing it from Bulldog now so could potentially see 190k of XP go down the drain but should be able to grind 40k no problem in a space of a month.

Associate
The FV 183 is very hard to play well, even using gold (it's the only tank where I use gold). The WT E100 with the 6 shot autoloader was much more fun, back in the day.

I wonder what I should do with the 291K free XP I've banked up? I was tempted to try the Strv TDs, but don't like hiding.

Soldato
It was always a tank for the 'lulz' really, don't think people play it to stat pad or clan wars. One tank where gold ammo is acceptable for the sheer fun you can have with it.

Really depends what you're into to be fair, could save it for the Polish line when that's coming out.

EDIT: Nope, appears there is definitely talk of replacing 183 in the future too albeit not the next patch

Last edited:
Associate
I am done....after a morning where all you get are Bots with Premium tanks, and city map after city map oh and a chimp could better match make than the WG Algo...it is more broken than ever.....I must admit I am close to full uninstall but that might be just a knee jerk.

I am thinking the only way to save this game would be a radical shake up..what about this.....perhaps you are the only real human player on your team and you position or select the other 14 tanks and "auto run / control" them for defense or attack and you are pitted against another human, who sets his side up to do the same and GO

Soldato
Another day of special players where everyone of them follows the first idiot who doesn't know the map or tactics.

I'll defo get banned for abuse one day hahahahah!

Soldato
If it was possible to get banned for abuse it would have happened to me a long time ago ;)

Been grinding the Caravan and now Conqueror all weekend with reserves, got the tracks and a turret now for latter so it isn't as useless (stats are awful in it after playing stock) so just the gun until it starts to shine, in higher tier battle it's hard to have an impact with 20 pounder and my refusal to use premium ammo.

Picked up the Babychat yesterday as well, not a bad machine but need to get used to timing the long reloads again now that I'm used to 20 second drum reloads on French lights.

Associate
Tempted to try the Swedish TD line now, but I'm not keen on being sat at the back of the map hoping that people get spotted and I also want to start from the UDES rather than messing about with low tiers. I still have a discount on the Swedish TDs (50% off the UDES) which is why its tempting.

Also have 270k Free XP that I need to convert as well, but I don't want to give WG any money other than for premium time. Bah.

Soldato
You could buy the Strv S1 for the siege mode instead of using money for XP I suppose.

I'm also falling out of love with 7/1 as the gun seems incredibly derpy for its stats. I may just be having bad luck recently but fully aimed shots just don't seem to go where you aim them and soft stats are behind some of the other mediums now. With the poor DPM you really do feel every miss on this tank so I'll just park it at the back of the garage until the next patch hits. Maybe with better turret armour and more time to aim it'll feel better but as it stands I'm far more inclined to play other mediums.

I do also wonder when they will bother to fix the very annoying camera bug in cities that has had me killed a few times now. Was having a nightmare with it today on a city map in my Conqueror, missed out on two kills before I got taken down.

Soldato
Swedish TDs can be quite fun. Yes situational.

The T9&T10 are awesome in the right (the *exactly*) right situation. City maps are just terrible as trying to brawl/short range combat is horrible.

My biggest gripe is the overmatch mechanics on the T9/t10. And tank with 120.00001mm gun will just destroy you, any gun of 120mm or less will bounce forever unless they hit your very small cupola. Mobility is OK, altough traverse and acceleration is frustrating.

It's a bit like arty - the good games are awesome, the bad games are terrible.

Soldato
What do I do? I've got the FV215(b) 183 researched but not purchased - do I buy it?

I'd need to sell a couple of T10s to get the price as I'm not running premium at the moment (refusing to give WG any more money).

How much fun is the deathstar ?

Soldato
No idea, only got as far as AT2 in the line and going by videos I've seen, it really depends whether you'll play it with HESH or not too. Definitely going to be a unique machine once it's gone so a must for collectors I imagine.

I don't think the Deathstar changes are coming in the next patch but the one after so depending how much you play, could just grind out the credits with premiums and so on? I've never used premium consumables in the entire time I've played this game so nice they give them out quite often as rewards for a credit booster.

Also just me or the Deathstar replacement looks a little like Stug?

pUI8pKy.jpg

Soldato
Just played a couple of games in the new Foch-B

Came down to a tense end game - me on about 650hp with 4 shells in the mag and an E50m on 400hp. So a 1 v 1

I camped bush overlooking our cap. Spotted him at about 200m.

Fired - bounce
Fired - tracked - 0 damage crit but spun him round
Fired - shell went into next postcode

He fixed his tracks and ran

Fired - at the back of his tank - hit the tracks 0 damage

He then realised he's not dead 2 seconds later and strolls up to kill me during my reload.

4 shells - 3 direct hits - 3 zero damage crits - GRRRRRRRRR

Soldato
Also any advice on MT15-2 for the T28-HTC - just cannot get into games with enough TDs to get 2000 worth of TD damage. The games when I do, someone else steals too much of the hp.

This game.....

Soldato
Yeah in terms of RNG I find it very annoying that light tanks can take a shell that's probably half the size of them into a track without it even taking it off.

I still hate the damage roll model too, fact that you seem to have as much as 15% deviation from your standard damage and that it appears to be completely random too. Fair enough if damage rolled low if you hit a tank in a place where there are no critical components or crew but it's just random luck of the draw here. Keep it within 5% or create a proportional damage model to where you hit the tank.

EDIT: No advice on that one, took me months to get it. In fact I was half way done on T-55A missions until I finally got lucky with it. Maybe only advice is to go for good DPM and fast medium like AMX 30 Prot (done mine in it I think), with good (i.e. lucky) MM and plenty of slow moving targets can flank one and unload. Jagdpanzer E100 and the like should provide enough HP to farm from. That or if you have a Batchat you've enough clip potential with a high-ish roll to isolate a juicy slow TD as well.

Back
Top Bottom