****** Official World of Tanks OcUK Clan ******

Soldato
So ever since having a non gaming laptop and playing the game on bare minimum spec since 2011 and recently on the 4790k integrated GPU, I took delivery of RX 480 8GB this morning. I can actually aim properly with maxed out settings and silky smooth frame rate :p

Also managed to nab TD-14-3 mission so just have the 6k TD-15 left, shouldn't be an issue with a Badger or maybe even take out the Death Star for a spin.

Permabanned
Feels like a whole new game! To be fair I may be playing a whole load more new games instead of this now :p

I run mine at 3840x210 with the aa they have and it must be doing supersampling too it looks really sharp.

About the Tiger 2 though its pap... u snipe in it but all the games are tier 9 and 10 where sniping is a big joke how do u snipe an is7 etc without gold or he. And if they hit u boy your in trouble. I cant wait to get out of mine and back into the lowe and then e75 because those are great tanks. And u dont need 550m view range and gold to feel effective. In saying this the Tiger 1 is a beast when elite.

Soldato
What happens to tanks I have a discount on due to events/xmas boxes etc after 1.0 drops? Anyone know?

I've used the female crew from the Xmas rewards. They are currenlty in the awful konstructa T34/100 maybe it's the endless 3/5/7 bottom tier MM but I can't buy a win in it.

Soldato
Road to 1.0 thing that's been going on for 3 weeks got mine yesterday.

Now that I can actually play other games though, I'm really not feeling this anymore.

Associate
Yeah, realised after posting it which mission it was, felt rather foolish having asked! :o

I'm looking forward to seeing what 1.0 is like, but I wonder how much of it is just glitter. WoT is a strange game, on one hand it drives me mad as it could be so much better to play if something, simple things in my view, but even with its flaws I still play the game regularly, why??

What other games are you currently playing @neoboy ?

Soldato
As far as I'm concerned, if I do a number two in the toilet and cover it with glitter, I'm still going to be flushing it down the toilet because that's what it is no matter how sparkly it looks. I think large portions of me sticking around was that I played on laptops and computers that couldn't run anything demanding. I'm not going to even bother listing what's wrong with the game, we all know it, hell WG themselves know it, but people are still throwing money at them hand over fist so why change.

I'm having a farewell game tonight to get those emblems but also uninstalling after. They are going to need more than a graphical makeover to fix this and they would bleed the game dry for every penny we are worth before they actually attempt making this into a decent game again. Guess this is where freemium model fails good games if the developer has no passion for the actual product. At a point where I'm more against WG as developers and frankly don't think I should support any of their future endeavors.

Currently playing quite a few singleplayer games (quite a backlog since 2011!), but for multiplayer I'm just waiting for a microphone to start playing Squad. I've played Project Reality for some time before that so supported the developers in a heartbeat during Kickstarter campaign. I do have the new Counter Strike but I don't think I have the reflexes any longer to be able to keep up and prefer something that requires little tactical play too. PUBG seems to be all the rage so maybe try that and I wasn't fond of multiplayer in previous ARMA games but maybe it's not as clunky as it once was nowadays.

Associate
I made a change this weekend and started playing War Thunder again (flame suit is on), obviously not really much different from World of Tanks at all in terms of devs/model, but I've not found myself becoming annoyed with things anywhere near as much as I do with World of Tanks so I'm going to stick at it. Whether or not I keep playing War Thunder in the long run I don't know, but I'll be giving World of Tanks a try on the weekend to investigate the new graphics although they didn't do much for me on the test server a while back.

Counter Strike used to be my thing before I grew a tad bored of it (2,000 hours on cs_office alone). Tried to play Source and Global Offensive again last month and I'm completely out of touch with it now, it's surprising how much your reaction times and reflexes can change in 12 months. Out of those you mention I'd say definitely give Squad a go (would play it more myself if I could get my friends interested in buying it and rolling around in our own squad). I personally thought PUGB felt crap to play and actually got a refund on it, but it's obviously popular so no harm in giving it a go, all these Battle Royale games do nothing for me unfortunately.

Soldato
To be honest only considering PUBG because those games are popular but frankly, not too keen on the concept. I normally squad lead in PR, and in fact we had a few people from here playing with me before, so once I get used to the mechanics in Squad will be stepping up to be a Squad Leader.

Actually thinking about it it's tactical shooters I mostly prefer online nowadays (don't ask me why I played this for so long then :p) so maybe worth trying Rainbow Six Siege too.

Soldato
Yeah all I know is that it felt great uninstalling this last night, absolute hell of a night just helped reinforce that decision.

Literally took 5 hours to get 15 wins for the stupid weekend mission, absolute garbage after garbage teams. MM isn't really the only problem nowadays but I'm not going to be wasting time and energy listing them anymore for the deaf and horrible developer and this game.

Permabanned
Yeah all I know is that it felt great uninstalling this last night, absolute hell of a night just helped reinforce that decision.

Literally took 5 hours to get 15 wins for the stupid weekend mission, absolute garbage after garbage teams. MM isn't really the only problem nowadays but I'm not going to be wasting time and energy listing them anymore for the deaf and horrible developer and this game.

I skipped meals and loaded gold to do mine as i had commited to the prize and eventually got mine as well last night. I think it was the st paddys quest that was hardest though. I mean i would like somone from wg to tell me how to be top 10 and bottom tier at the same time. Only one in ten matches im top tier now.

And not having anything above 8 meant no veteran completion either.

Soldato
First game under 1.0

Looks amazing. But it is now simply a very shiny polished turd.

15-2 roflstomp. Our arty shot me in my scout for not scouting where HE wanted me to. I was spotting the whole field on Siegfried Line he had targets he just wanted me to rush the enemy spawn.

Our HTs lemminged and pushed against a hull down badger.

I'd rather 0.9 graphics and a MM that just shares out the idiots. Find 30 tanks as at the moment then simply order them by skill/w.r./Personal Score before dealing them out. It would be SO EASY to do and make such a difference. One of the major flaws in the 3/5/7 template is that when your top tier tanks are useless the game is as good as lost.

FTM

FTM

Soldato
I skipped meals and loaded gold to do mine as i had commited to the prize and eventually got mine as well last night. I think it was the st paddys quest that was hardest though. I mean i would like somone from wg to tell me how to be top 10 and bottom tier at the same time. Only one in ten matches im top tier now.

And not having anything above 8 meant no veteran completion either.
I only have 1 tier 8...a light tank...thankfully still managed it though!...even the damage and top 4 by experience...that's how useless some of the tier9 and ten heavies are!!

Soldato
Interesting - Just had a 3/5/7. Of our 3 T10 tanks, 2 were in a platoon and AFK the whole game - we lost of course as 2 of our top tier tanks were never in the game.

After the match I looked at the afk player stats. Both had over 45k games and both were under 47% w.r. in other words bots.

It appears as though at least one major bot program just AFKs and can't deal with v1.0. Should make the problem far more obvious.

Back
Top Bottom