****** Official World of Tanks OcUK Clan ******

Soldato
the KT is underrated somewhat in my opinion. It's slow but if you can sit back the gun is great. It could definitely do with improvement though. More HP and dpm would do it well, just like they did to the normal Tiger H.

There are other T3/4 TDs with derp guns very similar to the Hetzer, but with generally a bit more mobility which I prefer.

Soldato
Agreed.. the VK M seems to be a tougher medium almost heavy with a medium gun.

The Panther.. is a medium with a leopard light armour - although you have to learn to keep it turned to add armour value.

The Tiger 2 is.. as the stock tank.. pants.. and I have a crew with skills that help the retrained crew. Still pants.. like a larger medium with a slower Panther gun and less armour than a leopard light.. expensive to repair too and resupply is about 18K credits vs the low reward for playing a game and not being able to create damage due to the lack of penetration.

Hertzer with Derp gun has to be the most fun you can have.. like a IKV103 but the shells don't bounce and virtually always give some damage :D with a decent reward.

Now the T2 crew are trained, I'm just short of the turret upgrade - still using the base gun. Coming the Panther route, the first thing I did was to upgrade radio (it shares the same as the line) so the first grind upgrade was the engine (makes a decent difference) then the tracks and next the turret then finally I will grind on the lowest gun, missing the middle gun (costly ammo), through to the top gun (these same guns are used on the E75 and having that gun available is worth delaying the move to it).
I'm starting to get the hang of the T2.. all about angling the armour and bouncing, but on the odd occasion you can trade the 1500 hp for some low level face hugging on a push. The low gun still can pen lower glacial plates but at 250dmg with most tanks having higher 1800+hp and alpha damage 300-350dmg and DPM, it's about being more tactical than brute force. E75 I hear is similar. I can't wait until the top tier gun with higher alpha but slower reload.
Put out 1700+dmg in a recent game with the small gun and no rammer or skills..

The panther is great fun ... like a big leopard (teir 5) with a bit more HP and more pen :) 135dmg and a fast reload means I can pump out the damage. Just waiting on the commander's BIA to hit 100% (the rest of the crew already have it).

Permabanned
I missed the Russian bias on this. Russian mediums with the Hull profile of a magic carpet and 300mm armour on the turret!

Well it killed heavys irl and seems to of did the same in wot. You forgot speed, Low profile and 300mm is7 style autobounce turrets. What can do wrong? Its not like it can outmuscle a super heavy oh wait it can punch through with premium ammo.

Last i played you might as well delete everything classed as heavy and make Russian meds the heavy line. Utterly disgusting how one ammo type kills an entiere class. And its been doing this for ages its been months since i quit and still no changes to the premium ammo. This is why im going to play wow classic until they fix it, Maybe dabble in Warships too.

Soldato
Agree totally with gold ammo.

It just makes a mockery of the game. Played the e100 last night to get a "bounce X thousand damage" mission done. Received 23 shots, 21 of them gold.

WG promised 10 months ago to rebalance gold ammo and have done nothing - apart from new premium tanks with flipping drum kits on them.

Soldato
Bottom line. If you pay the way WG want (premium/gold ammo) then the game is still fine. But if you don't.....

One game in 5 will be ok. The others will be rubbish.

Realistically it's not just pay to win, it's pay to enjoy.

Soldato
Well I've no idea how it happened (actually I do, Twitch offers) but I did come back to the game over last few weeks. I did have a big pile of gold and picked up AMX 13 57 and LT-432 in the festival which are just hilariously OP, just a shame I missed out on Progetto as I still have enough gold for another good T8.

Speaking of OP, also got Object 430 and that tank is nothing short of sublime and most definitely not balanced, tier 10 looks even better.

Managed to finally put some effort in and got the MT-15 and TD-15 done for T-55A and came very close a few times with SPG. I basically stopped playing heavy tanks so will just use commendations for that and working up to LT-100 for my T10 light to get that mission done.

Lot of garbage tanks in current rotation though, haven't enjoyed the Czech thing at T7 due to that awful chassis and gun depression but good news is that with that event thing, I had enough blueprints to skip TVP altogether. Few games away from unlocking the T9 and have enough free XP to get top gun and turret right off the bat and female crew ready.

Chi-Ri though is an absolute abomination of a tank, only just got autoloader unlocked and it hasn't really made things that much better. It is absolutely enormous in size, making plenty of heavy tanks look small and for all intents and purposes has an armour of a light tank tank. Too slow to be a sneaky autoloader flanker and largely useless as a support tank because of that comically bad penetration, even on premium round. Really wish I had some Japanese blueprints to skip this useless hunk of metal as quickly as possible.

As above though, it is definitely pay to win. Had a few free premium days from Twitch and those random "Reward for Merit" things and I actually fire a few 'gold' rounds when have those. All the stats immediately become better and with that bonus thing, you can skip awful tanks much faster.

Permabanned
Agree totally with gold ammo.

It just makes a mockery of the game. Played the e100 last night to get a "bounce X thousand damage" mission done. Received 23 shots, 21 of them gold.

WG promised 10 months ago to rebalance gold ammo and have done nothing - apart from new premium tanks with flipping drum kits on them.

That is my only tier x i can block about 5k when i try, Well i say my only tier x i grinded the type5 and the day i went to buy it got nerfed haha. But the e100 i feel robbed on such a slow tank for a fast meta. Thats how Russians roll a fast meta suited to them.

I think the last timei played mine i went to help someome crying his eyes out on a flank alone, When i got there just in time enemy tanks arrived it was 2v2 then another popped up i can hold a corner pretty well until they fire gold at my police bar on the tanks roof but its useless because my teammate used his mobility to leave me and as soon as they seen him turn tail they pushed me 3v1. I should have just went city and left the entire flank undefendes to be honest it would have been maybe tolerable to die in city but thats what you get when you help others.

Soldato
The game is undeniably pay-to-win now. Gold ammo and premium tanks that are better than same tier tech tree tanks.

I reckon if I loaded gold and spammed it it would add 1 to 2% to my overall win rate.

I went free-to-play about 18 months ago and carry gold maybe 3 gold shells per tank. It is frustrating sometimes, but I never fire them unless I've in with a realistic chance of an epic medal or a huge x2.

Soldato
I've never been good at this game. But I like playing the Panther. Stay at distance and angle and I find it does ok in wide range of games.
Some tanks just can't carry a game, and are very situational. But I find the Panther can carry a game often enough.

The Tiger II was torture. Penned by everything, slow at everything. Its another one of those passenger tanks. Has to be carried by the rest of the team.
It really sums up whats bad about WOT and the Russian Bias. The most powerful tank of WWII, is one of the worse tanks in the game.

The E75 is much better. But I find sometimes it does great and some times, bad.
Its like one game the armour and gun works as designed, and the next game they don't.

Best all rounder for me is the Tiger I. Very rare for that tank to have bad game. It still useful even when bottom tier.

Soldato
The game is undeniably pay-to-win now. Gold ammo and premium tanks that are better than same tier tech tree tanks.

I reckon if I loaded gold and spammed it it would add 1 to 2% to my overall win rate.

I went free-to-play about 18 months ago and carry gold maybe 3 gold shells per tank. It is frustrating sometimes, but I never fire them unless I've in with a realistic chance of an epic medal or a huge x2.

Same here. Free to Play carry almost no gold.
Gold spam is much worse at T9 and T10. Its not unusual for every tank to using gold at those tiers.

Soldato
It's ironic that for a team based multi player game, there is almost never any teamwork. Always has been, always will be.

Its because the best way to farm credits and do missions is to use your team as cannon fodder.
Camp till near the end of the game and everyone is low on health. Then barrel in and suck up all the easy kills.
You'll be able to out trade anyone on low health.

To fix that you need to change the MM so that similar skilled players are matched and there's a bigger bonus for wins.
Maybe a voting system for best team mates, but you can only vote for a player once in a 1000 games.

But that would mean gold and premiums would be less important. They won't do that.

Soldato
...Hertzer with Derp gun has to be the most fun you can have.. like a IKV103 but the shells don't bounce and virtually always give some damage :D with a decent reward.

I never did well in Stug or Hertzer. Maybe I played it early on with a low skilled crew, but my memory was both are blind as bats. You'd have one great game, then 10 bad ones. But then I was never good it. I did better in russian and US TD of the same tier.

Caporegime
I never did well in Stug or Hertzer. Maybe I played it early on with a low skilled crew, but my memory was both are blind as bats. You'd have one great game, then 10 bad ones. But then I was never good it. I did better in russian and US TD of the same tier.

I tend to do best in Russian tds but enjoy American ones more. I think it's the turret.

Soldato
I only noticed when recently checked my stats on one of those websites and it wasn't a conscious decision, but I basically stopped playing heavy tanks.

With the way meta is, playing something slow that gets spammed with gold and 'artilleried' to death just isn't my cup of tea. Between that and having plenty of heavy hybrid mediums like Object 430U and ridge line warriors like Centurion line, I just don't see the point.

Literally only heavy I've been playing is the King Tiger (C), which actually isn't a bad tank. Just do the daily 3 games for the Twitch missions and it is also a very decent credit maker, which is vital for someone who's played 99% of his time on a F2P account. You can barely afford to run T9 tanks and lot of T10 tanks will lose you money, bad team streaks can wipe your silver balance out.

The Tiger II chassis works much better as a heavy at T7, just like Tiger I works better as a heavy in its T6 forms. Did though get a rental of T26E5 for 14 days with Twitch which I have been enjoying, but definitely not enough to drop £25 on it. Apparently though you'll be able to buy it soon with bonds, according to some rumours anyway.

Still finding Chi-Ri an absolute agony, if that tank was least the size of its T5 and 6 counterparts, maybe it would work better. Also have very little enthusiasm to play the Panther II, it just feels very lacklustre. Baby Panther was amazing, Panther I was a little toothless but made it work and this I just can't bring myself to play. Probably not helping that I don't think I'll be getting the E 50 so don't see the point of playing something I don't enjoy.

Soldato
I've never been good at this game. But I like playing the Panther. Stay at distance and angle and I find it does ok in wide range of games.
Some tanks just can't carry a game, and are very situational. But I find the Panther can carry a game often enough.

The Tiger II was torture. Penned by everything, slow at everything. Its another one of those passenger tanks. Has to be carried by the rest of the team.
It really sums up whats bad about WOT and the Russian Bias. The most powerful tank of WWII, is one of the worse tanks in the game.

The E75 is much better. But I find sometimes it does great and some times, bad.
Its like one game the armour and gun works as designed, and the next game they don't.

Best all rounder for me is the Tiger I. Very rare for that tank to have bad game. It still useful even when bottom tier.

So I now have a maxed out elite Tiger II and Panther (I have a Panther II without crew this morning). The PII shares the guns, engine and radio so in reality you can pimp it before moving a skilled crew into it.

I found that you need to have a crew with skills and you really suffer with the stock tanks equipment. The T2 really comes alive with the top gun. Did 2.9K of damage yesterday with the T2 for example, taking out an E50 and an ST-I. You do need to use cover and you do need to use angles, however as soon as gold ammo comes out you will get penned if you don't move. Use a vertical stabiliser and it makes peek-a-boom easier.

The T2 will loose money on F2P if you don't do damage, I suspect the P2 will be the same. I am tempted to keep the Panther as the crew's skills means it gets to break even for most of the time (spotting + direct damage). The Panther 3.3 second reload is decent for tracking and penning on corners of tanks, however at 135dmg means it's a slow kills. Train the critical damage skill and you're likely to make even more damage through fires etc (I had this on my old leopard account with 2 second reload top gun).

I like the T2.. it's fun but it's not an in your face brawler unless you have angled and the opposition shooting free ammo thinking they can aim anywhere.

I suspect the E75 and E50 on F2P accounts will simply be a money sink. My Ru251 on my old account was literally a loss-a-game.

Soldato
T9 in general will lose you money on F2P account, know that from experience of being that player :D

Panther II was garbage, literally played my last game in it today and good riddance. E 50 isn't going to be overly pleasant in stock configuration but needs are a must.

I also do feel sorry for poor souls having to grind Tiger II, although it does work well at tier 7 as American King Tiger.

I do currently have some good tanks I'm really enjoying in my rotation. Object 430 (joke how good stock grind is), Skoda T 50 (free XPed top gun straight away) and T54 LT. Even STA-1 has been a pleasant surprise, especially after Chi Ri, quite nippy and good gun.

Started Italian tree finally too, nice tanks from T4 and on tier 6 at the moment, 240 alpha is great to have.

Back
Top Bottom