****** Official World of Warships Thread ******

Soldato
****** Official World of Warships Thread: OP Updated******

As WoWs is in open Beta and due to go live shortly It's about time to update this. I'll be updating this in segments but this is a mini update for now

What is World of Warships?

http://worldofwarships.com/

Simple it's Tanks on water but more awesome!

World of Warships is a Massive Multiplayer Online Experience that puts you at the helm of warships ranging from nimble destroyers to multi-ton juggernauts, and in the heart of fast-paced sea battles of the first half on the 20th Century!

Learn the strategies and tactic subtleties of war at sea to achieve victory! From angling your vessel for the perfect broadside to launching a fast flanking attack with torpedoes, or engaging a battered enemy in an intense one on one duel – Nothing happens the same way twice, and each tactic has its own rewards.

Look forward to a large array of warships and game styles to choose from; struggling for air supremacy with Carriers, holding the line with Battleships and Heavy Cruisers, and screaming down the enemy battle-line with Light cruisers and Fast Destroyers.

Each class and individual ship will have its own unique set of strengths and weaknesses.The combinations of speed, armor, firepower, and range combine to create ships with distinct personalities.

The nimble Destroyer will be able to outrun any opponent, and get in key shots, while Battle Cruisers can function in both the scout or defensive role, and one burst from a Battleship will severely damage, if not sink a warship.

Aircraft Carriers can launch squadrons of fighters, torpedo carriers, or bombers, depending on whether they want to protect their own fleet or strike at the enemy as they assume a main role of support ship to their Battle-Group.

Remember, only working together as a team will help you achieve victory!

Much Cinematic, Very "WoWs"

What nations can I play?

Currently there are only the Imperial Japanese Navy and the US Navy in game. The British Navy, Kreigsmarine and Russian Navy are all planned with known tech trees.

See the current Tech Trees Below!

IJN:

rcxFAjr.jpg

US:

V7mLP67.jpg

General commander skill guide for all classes

Whilst this chart isn't Gospel it's a fairly accurate basic guide for what skills to choose for each class

Uve1bmb.jpg

Guides:

Basic Aiming Guide

AP Vs HE

Battleships Vs Manual CV Torpedo Waves

Torpedo/Destroyer guide

OCUK Captains

Post your game names up so we can get an OCUK network up and running in WoW's. When clans/fleets are running we can all join up in due course if you want.

OcUK: HybridX WoWs: HybridX
OcUK: Sargara WoWs: Sargara
OcUK: EwanB75 WoWs: J3ST3R_EB
OcUK: Adwol48 WoWs: Reborndemon
OcUK: xGBHxPegasus WoWs: GBHPEGASUS
OcUK: Adwol48 WoWs: Reborndemon

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
@Ankor ...just download the game and use the details you submited, it will work most probably.

In game settings for GFX turn on animate small objects, makes the game more immersive.

1080P everything maxed out in game 75-80 on a 290x, it looks stunning :)

Not true my spare account didnt work until i got the confirmation email

Soldato
OP
It's kinda annoying for me. I've been in since the weekend alpha but unable to play because of epic in game graphics glitching. I have reported it and been completely ignored so it looks like I will be giving WoWs a miss.

Examples? I havent heard of anyone having issues and im playing on v high with all the bells and whistles at at steady 60fps

Soldato
OP
Planes drop Torps in a wide spread if one of the ships firing AA at them has the AA defence skill. The bombers in effect panic, drop the torps and run. If you can find an isolated hip without the skill the torps will run straight close together.

hold left alt with torp bombers and you can manual aim and get a tight spread and change the point where you drop them

Soldato
OP
I actually have a spare account that's on the beta access, as a friend decided he didn't want it after i registered it. It's registered to an email specifically set up to make the WoWs account and has zero personal info.

Account name: Admiral_Von_Shiprekt.

If someone wants to use it, wont try and hijack it, and has 20 or more trust from the members market (or i have dealt with them before in MM), I may consider lending them it.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
A Headsup to Cobra-UK if you read this. I've logged into my spare account and appears you havent played much on it so i've reclaimed it and I'm going to throw it over to SMD

SMD add me on steam Hybridxs

Soldato
OP
Updated the OP a little for now, more to come. Can a MOD update the thread title to the following please:

****** Official World of Warships Thread: OP Updated******

Soldato
OP
Well I've just discovered that the Japanese destroyers really take a nosedive after Tier 6 - they are awful.

Depends how you are using them. They are purely torpedo based and you shouldn't be using your cannons at all. You should also be rigging them for fast suprise attacks and ranged undetected torpedo drops.

Soldato
OP
A couple of my best games over the last few days, both in destroyers. Dropped a 5 bomb with a Clemson, god knows how. I torped the carrier which killed me just as his secondaries finished me off. i was on 210hp for most of the game

aE2zzUS.jpg

Atg4u9F.jpg

Soldato
OP
Yes, wait until you get to T6 with the Cleveland, dpm monster ;).

St louis is a DPM monster. Cleveland can be wrecked easily if you know where to aim to hit its citadel (which isnt hard on this ship).

The St louis though is silly armored for its tier, has an insane amount of gun and its citadel points are all below the water line and very hard to hit with shells

Soldato
OP
seen a lot of this where each side just fires guns from the start what they dont realise is people are starting to practice at finding the source. Last night I was in a match next to a ship top right of the map. He started firing from the off about 5 times, didnt move at all just fired. Then he stopped firing and started to move slowly. As I was moving off just level with him all of a sudden 4 lots of shots come over the horizon, hit him and blew him up. Another one I wish I had videod. Made me wonder if there was a mod someone had created to identify source of shots when you can't see the ship.

There is/was a mod for WoT that marks the last known position on the map. i seem to think this has been made for WoWs too so this may explain it if he hasnt bothered to move.

Soldato
OP
Carrier matchmaking is really broken in this at the moment. It's like the mm system has no idea how to balance them. Had several games where it puts me and another langley or hosho v a tier 6 carrier. Consequenty every group of fighters we threw up even 2 v its 1 got wrecked and it appeared my fighters couldn't even shoot the t6's torp bombers down.

Back
Top Bottom