****** Official World of Warships Thread ******

Soldato
I’ll try an invite next time I’m on.

I should probably make someone active from here an officer so that they can invite...

I'll volunteer if you like, I still play it fairly regular - Mostly having recently discovered a love for filthy gunboat destroyers with Advanced Firing Training! (15km range on a DD? Yep, i'll have some of that!!)

Hey folks, is the OcUK clan actually active? There are 4 of us that play regularly right now and would either like to join or be able to play with others.

As far as I know NORKS isn't an especially 'active' clan in the clan battles things they do per se, but it's nice to have the port rewards - and if there's people on regular it could help to have active players to division up with. Shame you can't have 4 man divisions really.

Associate
Well I've been playing with the new carriers and they sux big time. I watched the videos, I did some training in the training rooms and they have totally gimped them. T6 is now like playing old T7 and T8 where as if you approach a ship, any ship, and Destroyers seem to be the worst then it just wipes out your squadron in seconds. There is something dodgy with the minimap too I was flying towards a BB then all of a sudden I get hit with AA no ship showing then a Destroyer appears below me without smoke and I my planes get wiped yet it never appeared on the minimap. I've also seen a ship be in (A) and when I fly towards it all of a sudden it jumps on the minimap to the other side of the mountain, this was on Co-op with only one enemy left so it wasnt like I had seen a 2nd ship.

Man these carriers are depressing. Easiest way to combat planes is just travel in pairs, not matter how bad your AA is you will wipe out the squadrons no problem. They've just ruined it completely. Makes me almost want to just sell my carriers.

Just been over to read forums at WarGaming and plenty of people upset with the new update from both side of the fence, those who liked carriers and those who hated them and hate them more. Destroyers use to be the tyrant of Carriers can now be easily destroyed with the new Rocket planes.

I used to play CV,s but I don’t like the new changes and hardly ever play them now.

Associate
I'll volunteer if you like, I still play it fairly regular - Mostly having recently discovered a love for filthy gunboat destroyers with Advanced Firing Training! (15km range on a DD? Yep, i'll have some of that!!)

As far as I know NORKS isn't an especially 'active' clan in the clan battles things they do per se, but it's nice to have the port rewards - and if there's people on regular it could help to have active players to division up with. Shame you can't have 4 man divisions really.

Well there's 4 of us and we'd love to join Norks if you're still taking people on. We're quite active too so we can contribute to the clan events.

Soldato
anyone had issues with the 2nd authentication number, just reinstalled my game and now it keeps telling my my number is invalid then when i use the backup code i get the same result. Try opening a ticket and i get a message saying they are having technical difficulties.

This is so frustrating. i'll be turning it off if i ever get back into my account.

Associate
Hello,

@matt_fsr - I've promoted you to "recruiter" so hopefully you can add people to the guild now.

Yeah things are pretty much as he said - NORKS is the main guild that people on here in. It is very casual and people seem to be mainly in for the bonuses rather than guild events/chat.

Thanks

Soldato
Thanks for the invite, once the cool down is finished I'll join.

Realised I probably should have waited to get my bismark until after but whatever!

Associate
Just started playing this again after a long break, There's a few new ships I see! Ran into a glitch last night I was in the Tashkent and it wouldn't let me fire my torpedo's and I died straight after, Think I lost my team the game because of it, I raged quit!

Soldato
OP
Just started playing this again after a long break, There's a few new ships I see! Ran into a glitch last night I was in the Tashkent and it wouldn't let me fire my torpedo's and I died straight after, Think I lost my team the game because of it, I raged quit!

You sure they didnt get disabled or perm disabled?

When i jump in nowadays i find myself playing the Zao a lot. Its such a good ship and super easy to get 120k + damage games

Permabanned
Is this dead on here? I tried this years ago and left unimpressed but the recent video on subs and carriers seems to have spiced things up.

Is it a good game? I play tanks also but on warships whats the issues premium ammo is the wot issue but no premium ammo on warships?

Soldato
Solid game, but flawed. For me the flaws aren't due to any pay to win mechanics (at least not directly), but mainly frustrating matchmaking and some seriously awful players who can't even slightly play as a team. Game after game you either get 1-2 players going off solo complaining about the team not following them leading to them dying quickly. A good chunk of the time it's their fault for being stupid and overextended, the rest of the time due to the team being overly cautious and not wanting to get shot. Regardless it highlights that the game mechanics really don't encourage teamwork half as much as they should. It's a real shame for me as the core mechanics are solid.

Despite the niggles, I still enjoy the odd binge of playing. When things go right it's so damn satisfying.

Caporegime
As above matchmaking is idiotic.

They say matchmaking depends on your skill to keep things challenging, i know that's complete rubbish because i'm not good, i've gone through stints where i haven't sunk a thing for round after round after.... and yet still find myself in battles 2 tiers above my ship and somehow the fist to be spotted while hanging back allowing other higher tier BB's a KM or two ahead of me, How the #### does that keep happening when your the lowest tier ship in the round and first to be spotted and therefore first to be wipedout after half the opposition fleet targets you and you alone over and over again?

sometimes it just feels like its taking the #### and it can go on and on like that round after round.

I don't spend much money on perks for the game, i managed to get to Tier 8 without spending a penny, you get the feeling it doesn't like that.

I've taken to playing the missions and Coop, i've given up on PVP completely its gotten that ridiculous, maybe when i reach tier 10 i might go back because there is no Tier 11 or 12 that it can screw me into.

Last edited:
Soldato
How the #### does that keep happening when your the lowest tier ship in the round and first to be spotted and therefore first to be wipedout after half the opposition fleet targets you and you alone over and over again?

Because you haven't got a 10 point commander and/or put the 4th skill in concealment and haven't bought a concealment module ?

It's not hard to go learn the game mechanics

Soldato
I know the feeling Humbug. Whilst Minusorange raises a valid point about commanders, getting dropped in at a low tier sucks. The one that winds me up the most, you get a new ship:
"Let's try out my brand new tier 8 ship with no upgrades"
The game dumps you into a match where you are the only tier 8 ship in a game full of tier 10s... REALLY?!

Caporegime
Yes exactly ^^^

Because you haven't got a 10 point commander and/or put the 4th skill in concealment and haven't bought a concealment module ?

It's not hard to go learn the game mechanics

Are you talking about this? not as advance as he could be at that stage, i didn't know you could transfer your Captain from the old ship to the new one until about tier 5 or 6 so i lost a lot of points selling old ships with the Captain.

Rk588nT.jpg.png

Permabanned
Ah yes Humbug random Matchmaker is worse in WOT i forgot it was MM plus pay2win ammo that i hated. The game puts people with decent ability in with brand new players and when i came back in tanks i went right to tier 8 via a premium tank and cut my teeth there.

I would buy a Tier 8 ship but not go right into battle again this time and ruin someone elses games so it seems they both share this problem. But as for this matchmaker it is skill based then you say in random games too? What sort of numbers and modes would i be playing then in tanks its 15v15 and i think Ranked MM is 7v7 but i dislike small 7v7 to be honest. Thanks for the feedback too chaps i reckon after i get wow classic sorted i will get this downloaded it must be ok if you all still talk about it. :)

Back
Top Bottom