****** Official World of Warships Thread ******

Soldato
Not sure whether there have been some freebie starter codes handed out recently but noticed a lot of new players. Assuming they are new players getting a lot of "what do I do on this map" chat and the odd ship going off and doing there own thing well away from any action.

Although had the usual numpty DD player the other day ping me every second the whole game. I got the impression he thought if he pinged me he thought the enemy would know where I am as he kept saying "here he is blow him up" in white. Also followed me wherever I went on the map and circled my ship firing shots at me (and missing). Got to the point other players were reporting him and telling him to stop. No idea why he picked on me. So near the end of the game I went over to two BB's and they fired at him, left me alone he got destroyed and I destroyed the two BB's. Top of the leaderboard thank you.

Also noticed there is a massive difference between T1-T4 and T5+ finding it very hard to get a T3/T4 game at evening/night.

Associate
Not sure whether there have been some freebie starter codes handed out recently but noticed a lot of new players. Assuming they are new players getting a lot of "what do I do on this map" chat and the odd ship going off and doing there own thing well away from any action.

Although had the usual numpty DD player the other day ping me every second the whole game. Also followed me wherever I went on the map and circled my ship firing shots at me (and missing). Got to the point other players were reporting him and telling him to stop. No idea why he picked on me. So near the end of the game I went over to two BB's and they fired at him, left me alone he got destroyed and I destroyed the two BB's. Top of the leaderboard thank you.

Also noticed there is a massive difference between T1-T4 and T5+ finding it very hard to get a T3/T4 game at evening/night.
T1 to 4 is just for learning. T5+ is needed for the missions etc. Therefore you may well find more serious players at T5+ who don't follow you and shoot at you. Obviously he was trying to miss you as not to get a violation and turn pink.

Soldato
thunderer is a bit like the king George v - do you have the KGV yet and do you like it?

I'm currently working my way through Monarch and onto Lion. KVG was one of my favourite ships so far, along with Orion. Its ability to burn things and once i got the hang of the guns / ammo switching gave me some very good games.

Associate
if anyone wants a good line to try, I’d recommend the Russian BB line. Izmail (T6) Sinop (T7) and Vladivostok (T8) are ranging from good to very good. Only had a handful of games in the Sovetsky Soyuz (T9) but the Kremlin (T10) is supposed to be very good.

Vladivostok is my favourite and a ship I’ve kept.

Associate
I've started playing this recently. I've not noticed any team tactics yet. I have the Orion currently, maybe the one above. I've noticed even when I have a 'good' game I'm not getting anywhere near the points/xp that was mentioned earlier in the thread. Is there something I'm missing?

Associate
I've started playing this recently. I've not noticed any team tactics yet. I have the Orion currently, maybe the one above. I've noticed even when I have a 'good' game I'm not getting anywhere near the points/xp that was mentioned earlier in the thread. Is there something I'm missing?
you get much more points in random games than coop

Associate
if anyone wants a good line to try, I’d recommend the Russian BB line. Izmail (T6) Sinop (T7) and Vladivostok (T8) are ranging from good to very good. Only had a handful of games in the Sovetsky Soyuz (T9) but the Kremlin (T10) is supposed to be very good.

Vladivostok is my favourite and a ship I’ve kept.
I don't like the russian BB line so far - I didn't like the izmail and the sinop can be hits and miss (sometimes good and sometimes dire)

Soldato

Depends if you have a premium account too. I probably play about 3/4 battles a day some people play this for hours hence why they are good and also they have learnt how to play each ship by watching youtube, reading up on it etc.

Associate
Depends if you have a premium account too. I probably play about 3/4 battles a day some people play this for hours hence why they are good and also they have learnt how to play each ship by watching youtube, reading up on it etc.
Do your job, if a destroyer go for the caps and scout them for your team mates, if a cruiser support your destroyers and if playing a BB advance and take a few hits to take some heat off your cruiser and DD team mates (ie. don't just hide at the back in a BB and let your cruiser and DD team mates advance forward and get annihilated on their own).

Soldato
Has anyones win ratio taken a big hit these last few days? In the past 3 days out of around 15-20 games played in Lion I have won just two.

I get that the auto team balance is non existent but random chance says the win rate should be much higher, also most of those games have been one sided stomps. anyone know if there is something at play here? last week my win rate was round 50% but in these last few days it has taken an absolute hammering as it seems to be extending to other ships too.

Associate
Has anyones win ratio taken a big hit these last few days? In the past 3 days out of around 15-20 games played in Lion I have won just two.

I get that the auto team balance is non existent but random chance says the win rate should be much higher, also most of those games have been one sided stomps. anyone know if there is something at play here? last week my win rate was round 50% but in these last few days it has taken an absolute hammering as it seems to be extending to other ships too.

nope mine has gone up 0.01% in fact :p

Associate
I've just gone back to this after a bit of a break..
Got to try and grind those new ship lines, and work through the Russian battleship line too.

Has anyone reset of their tier 10 lines? Is it worth it?

Soldato
I noticed something recently in that there seems to be a more beginners at T5/T6/T7 where I normally play. As though there was a starter pack out there that gave you a T5 or T6. In game two or three ships would just go off and do their own thing or stand well away from the battle and try and shoot. Or the odd ship that would not cap even though its next to it and I've just told them its clear as I've flown over it twice and told them its clear. I know you always get the odd muppet but it was the other weekend where I played a lot and noticed some really stupid people and it was always 3 or 4 doing nothing whilst the others were playing the game properly.

Associate
I've just gone back to this after a bit of a break..
Got to try and grind those new ship lines, and work through the Russian battleship line too.

Has anyone reset of their tier 10 lines? Is it worth it?
yes I have reset a line or 3 - am still regrinding. you can reset one line season for a x2 bonus - so only reset one line per season. you find the seasons in their wiki.

Back
Top Bottom