***Official Wrath of the Lich King Thread***(Contains spoilers)***

Quick comparison:

6606961e99199abtest.jpg

FPS was even worse than that just now.

Will 3.0 be playable before release date? As in you won't need WotLK to use the new trees, inscriptions, etc.
I've been out of WoW for quite a while.

Will 3.0 be playable before release date? As in you won't need WotLK to use the new trees, inscriptions, etc.
I've been out of WoW for quite a while.

Yep. 3.0 is on the PTR right now, and downloadable as of now via your background downloader, so expect the real deal in a week or two.

Yep. 3.0 is on the PTR right now, and downloadable as of now via your background downloader, so expect the real deal in a week or two.

Thank you.
I wondered if they'd make people who won't buy the expansion download the massive patch if it was no use to them :p.

Why wouldn't it?

I have found in recent years many games which happily work under XP/Vista but don't work under 2000. I have installed demos which work happily under 2000, then having bought the full price game find it either won't install or won't run. In some cases MS have applied pressure to the games producer so that the game installer errors if 2000 is running. I am sure some games which might run under 2000 are actually deliberately broken to prevent them running under 2000.

The release docs for WotLK talk about XP/Vista as the operating system requirement unlike previous versions which mentioned 2000.

I am therefore left wondering whether it will work or not, and hoped someone on the Beta might be an Win2K person like me.

Last edited:
I wondered if they'd make people who won't buy the expansion download the massive patch if it was no use to them :p.

At least the background downloader is fairly unobtrusive, if a bit on the slow side. Naturally they want everyone to download the patch so that people get excited about the expansion (give everyone a little taste) and run out and buy it :)

I have found in recent years many games which happily work under XP/Vista but don't work under 2000. I have installed demos which work happily under 2000, then having bought the full price game find it either won't install or won't run. In some cases MS have applied pressure to the games producer so that the game installer errors if 2000 is running. I am sure some games which might run under 2000 are actually deliberately broken to prevent them running under 2000.

The release docs for WotLK talk about XP/Vista as the operating system requirement unlike previous versions which mentioned 2000.

I am therefore left wondering whether it will work or not, and hoped someone on the Beta might be an Win2K person like me.

Isn't 2000 EOL so not supported. TBH Upgrade to XP....

My brother is in the Wrath beta and while i think the Death Knight was a complete rubbish addition to make, the outdoor PVP area is going to be AWSOME. That alone is why i can't wait for Lich King! Just started a Tauren Druid and will level him to 70 ready :)

I used to play the original wow, got a level 60 undead rogue. Thinking of starting again, will the wotLK be good? How much has changed in the game in respect to quests? Im not in a guild now either, are they pretty much essential these days to progress in the game.

I know there is the BC too, and the new level will be pushed to 80.

Shall i restart playing?

Its like a drug, i could do with a fix

Wrath will be good, i think the outdoor PVP area will put Warhammers RVR to shame personally. You should see some of the siege weapons and vierhcals, they look frigging awsome lol

Honor is going back to zero, if you have points, spend them before the release!
Blue post: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=10043252440&sid=1&pageNo=1

As many of you know we will be featuring a new Battleground, a dedicated world PvP zone and all new PvP items in Wrath of the Lich King. In order to make the transition from The Burning Crusade to Wrath of the Lich King flow as smoothly as possible, all accrued honor points will be reset at the launch of the expansion. We do this to ensure select players do not have an unfair advantage at level 80 from stockpiling honor to instantly purchase the newest Wrath of the Lich King PvP rewards. For those with unspent honor points prior to the release of the expansion, we will be offering a few upgrades and special rewards in next content patch solely for purchase via the honor system.

Cant wait! Warriors can duel wield 2 handers!

It'll have some big drawback though I bet you. :p

Blizzard still seem to hate Warriors though, I honestly think they are the weakest class in the game when it comes to PVP.

If you see a half decent Feral Druid, just don't bother, got a 70 Druid and Warrior myself. When I can crit Warriors in S2/S3 gear for 900+ in Bear Form something is up, I mean Warriors don't even do much damage as I had about 22k armor back then. (July time)

I'm been playing on the PTR and I'm getting 60%+ worse graphical performance than on live. That's with a 3.4GHz E6660, 4GB of RAM and an ATI 4870. And it's not the new shadows as I've turned them off. It's literally at 40FPS, dropping below 30 in areas where I'm at 150+ on live. And for some reason at anything less than 70FPS I get massive mouse lag (v-sync off).

God knows how they've managed to screw up a 4 year old game engine. :/

It could be some weird incompatibility with my rig but bear in mind it runs live WoW flawlessly with the exact same settings.

It's a beta, its not anywhere near optimised, and it's being played on shoddy servers, wait till release :)

Back
Top Bottom