***Official Wrath of the Lich King Thread***(Contains spoilers)***

Ahhh same old Wow, don't see really much changes alas besides more leveling and grinding like always... That new class doesn't look anything new... Also are you telling me Alliance will be able to roll Death Knight??? WTF.

Don't see why that is surprising, Arthas is a DK, Arthas was Alliance. If anything we should be surprised that Horde are allowed to be DKs :p

Well that's exactly the point Arthas WAS alliance ... I don't see how Alliance Death Knight is fitting the world.

That's what i don't like about Wow, they manage class really badly, they should really consider improving the actual gameplay instead of adding a bunch more levels and zones for you to make the same boring quests :(

WAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

That's what i don't like about Wow, they manage class really badly, they should really consider improving the actual gameplay instead of adding a bunch more levels and zones for you to make the same boring quests :(

WAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

Please read up about WotLK before making comments like that.

FOR THE HOOOORDE! (stuff that in your warg :p )

How would you be able to do balance between Alliance and Horde if only one of them where allowed to use the new DK? You wouldn't as there is only one new class added.

I think the fact that shammy vs pal didn't work out and that they just made any side be able to use either shows that it wasn't possible for Blizzard to do it.

I'm tempted to start WoW again been on a break for a few months now. Actually I know I will be back with Wotlk but then I'm a sad old man :)

Though I was initially in favour of the new "all classes perform all roles equally" philosophy (e.g. all tanks will perform at the same level, all dpsers will perform at the same level etc), I'm rapidly getting disillusioned with it. It seems like there's absolutely no point in playing anything other than a druid, since they can tank, heal, melee and spellcast as good as all the pure classes. Fair enough they may have a little bit less flavour or utility in their dps roles. Fair enough they will need to gear up for each role as well, but if I want to tank or heal on my Mage I can't do it. I need to reroll, level and gear up a whole other class.

I'll need to see how it all pans out, but I'm guessing the hybrids will be within a whisker of pure classes in terms of dps (and exactly equal for tanking and healing), but with gimmicks added that make use of specific abilities of the pure classes (such as Warlock tanking, Mages spellstealing). Unfortunately, I can say from experience that being brought along to cover for gimmicks is no fun at all.

For god's sake, if you chose a Shaman that says "uses totems and buffs groups" why on earth would you complain that you're not doing equal damage to the Mage which was originally described as being weak but with the highest ranged damage? You got exactly what you picked.

Though I was initially in favour of the new "all classes perform all roles equally" philosophy (e.g. all tanks will perform at the same level, all dpsers will perform at the same level etc), I'm rapidly getting disillusioned with it. It seems like there's absolutely no point in playing anything other than a druid, since they can tank, heal, melee and spellcast as good as all the pure classes. Fair enough they may have a little bit less flavour or utility in their dps roles. Fair enough they will need to gear up for each role as well, but if I want to tank or heal on my Mage I can't do it. I need to reroll, level and gear up a whole other class.

I'll need to see how it all pans out, but I'm guessing the hybrids will be within a whisker of pure classes in terms of dps (and exactly equal for tanking and healing), but with gimmicks added that make use of specific abilities of the pure classes (such as Warlock tanking, Mages spellstealing). Unfortunately, I can say from experience that being brought along to cover for gimmicks is no fun at all.

For god's sake, if you chose a Shaman that says "uses totems and buffs groups" why on earth would you complain that you're not doing equal damage to the Mage which was originally described as being weak but with the highest ranged damage? You got exactly what you picked.

Have to admit, I completely agree with you. I have a paladin, druid, warrior and mage at 70. I'm going to level the worst geared to 80 first, that being the druid who I've just hit 70 with. Reason being he can do absolutely everything, and since they'll be giving me proper indoor CC (same as pallies) then I won't have any trouble with 5 men groups.

Frankly I feel sorry for locks, hunters and mages. I mean, what's the point in them?

How would you be able to do balance between Alliance and Horde if only one of them where allowed to use the new DK? You wouldn't as there is only one new class added.
There seemed to be no reason to balance factions when Shaman were Horde and Paladins were Alliance. The simple reason was Blizzard are lazy.

I suppose they could add two hero classes.

If all classes are the same, why single out what are useless and what aren't?

A pure class can't tank or heal by respeccing at their class trainer. Blizzard have always tried to emphasise class difference, yet here they are giving hybrids the best of everything.

As always, mage = free food/water.... thats about it really. played mine to lvl 60, got the full kit from MC, then within 1 level in BC removed half of it for items in blue better than my epic items that took 4-5 months to get.

Kind of lost the will to play when i know lvl 71 will be the same..... all change.... new items, even more silly skills.

The only good think about this expansion, it will clear the horde at lvl 70 out of my life so i can lvl up in peace lol.

But, lets give it a chance, maybe it will suprise us and be quiet good?

<ColiN>

Im hoping we can do a direct upgrade from blizzard site. People in the US were able to do that for tbc and now that they have a digitals tore for the Eu i hope we can now :)

As always, mage = free food/water.... thats about it really. played mine to lvl 60, got the full kit from MC, then within 1 level in BC removed half of it for items in blue better than my epic items that took 4-5 months to get.

Kind of lost the will to play when i know lvl 71 will be the same..... all change.... new items, even more silly skills.

The only good think about this expansion, it will clear the horde at lvl 70 out of my life so i can lvl up in peace lol.

But, lets give it a chance, maybe it will suprise us and be quiet good?

<ColiN>

If you have late T5 / T6 content gear, then they will last until late 70's.

I really dislike when people use this argument, what do you want, your level 70 epic gear to be the best even at level 80? being equal to level 77 blues is fair in my opinion.

As for mages, I guess you missed moves like Mirror Image they just were given :p

I dont epect my items to last long, but i do expect a epic lvl 60 end of game item to be better than a blue lvl 61 item, yes...

I think blizz lost a few people wath that mistake as the quests where easy and the rewards where huge.

Not got mirror image, not played in ages to be honest, will try again if WAR isnt upto much. Will check out the new stuff and see what is what. Just wish i didnt have to give up so much of my items that took ages to get for something which entails me walking from A to B to get something better, that is all.

Still, ill be one of the mass playing it again later lol...

Back
Top Bottom