***Official Wrath of the Lich King Thread***(Contains spoilers)***

Dinged 60.

180tfn.jpg

:cool:

(this is my new Lich King character, now 70 next week!)

Last edited:
im starting from scratch with 4 new characters in WOTLK

Paladin
Druid
Warlock
Huntard

there is quite a few content changes happening that i want to experience while levelling up...plus my original main had got boring as sin.

yeah, 1-60 takes about 3 weeks if you play 2-3 hours a day.

hopefully a patch will come out to make 60-70 faster soon so we can all get to northrend asap.

Well I levelled my mage pretty quickly from 60-70 when I recently returned to the game. In outlands the XP is crazy (most I did in 1 session was around 220k xp) and if you already have rested XP generally for 2 hours a day play I never caught up (even on weekends playing loads I didn't). I'm not guilded was either solo or hunting with my friend who is also a mage. I've not quested yet in netherstorm or shadowmoon valley - saving these to get easy gold + xp for Lich King (new content bound to be packed).

I'm levelling my Druid (I much prefer this to my mage) which has gone from 26-47 in the last few weeks. Generally you can do (non rested) 75% of a level a night solo easily. Quests are a hell of a lot easier as they changed a lot of elite mobs to normal now.

Also apart from the odd farmer most of the lower level areas are empty(ish) so you don't have to worry about getting enough mobs etc

how have you done that so fast? boosting it through nothing but instances with your main?

Recruit a friend + Level 70 boosting me through instances.

10-20 - Deadmines
20-25 - Stockades-
25-40 - Scarlet Monastery
40-46 - Zul'Farrak
46-54 - Scholomance

Some easy quests till 57 in WPL...

Then 57-60 in Blood Furnace/Ramparts solo'd by 70 Druid with me and my friend giving him some healing.

You can do lbrs for 55-60, i used my friends mage to aoe, and my alt following behind.

It started getting slow even in Scholomance at Level 50-54, so we got kinda bored and did some easy quests, got like 22k XP per each Cauldron quest in WPL and did some other easy ones.

57-60 in Blood Furnace/Ramparts flew by though. :D Got like 2-2.4k XP per mob!

http://www.wowinsider.com/2008/10/01/patch-3-0-2-release-date-revealed-probably/

If you remember from yesterday, various developers and CMs posted across the official WoW forums that Season 4 will be mostly ending on the day patch 3.0.2 is released. Today, Nethaera posted some additional information: Season 4 will end on October 14th. It was not explicitly stated by Nethaera that patch 3.0.2 will be that day, but two plus two equals four, you know?

This is pretty much exactly in line with the date most of us have been guessing here at WoW Insider, but let's be honest. It wasn't hard to figure out, and I'm sure all of you guys were thinking much the same thing. It'll be almost exactly one month between patch 3.0.2 and the release of Wrath of the Lich King on November 13th. It will also be after BlizzCon and not before it, so if anything goes wrong their lead devs can jump right back into work instead of needing to worry about the convention.

So start marking your calendars, ladies and gents. October 9th, WoW Insider meet at the Lost Bar. October 10th and 11th, BlizzCon. October 14th, Patch 3.0.2. November 13th, Wrath of the Lich King.

The patch is amazing, some of the classes are totally different. Warriors can tank like pros and dps classes are insane. Of course it'll all balance out with the harder WOTLK encounters, but I've never done a Karazhan or any of the heroics I tested so fast. It felt like doing Stratholme with a full group of 70s! Gather up a huge amount of mobs and AOE to death. Yep, we had a pala tank ALL the horses and humans at the start of kara at the same time... Moroes? Gather him and his adds together and AOE them down. It was crazy!

So to sum up.. I'm psyched to the max for the patch!

Yep, we had a pala tank ALL the horses and humans at the start of kara at the same time... Moroes? Gather him and his adds together and AOE them down. It was crazy!

You can already do this with a well geared Pala. The best thing is that you'll now be able to do it as a Warrior or Druid :)

TBH, pallas are bye bye for tanking imho.

Warriors AoE tanking! No wait to get mana, uber tps on boss fights, and can AoE.

AoE is the one thing warrors have always been missing now they have it!

Just dinged level 60 on my recruit a friend hunter last night, i have a played time of 27 hours. Here is a breakdown of what we did:-

0-8 Quest
8-14 Ragefire Chasm
14-25 Wailing Caverns
25-42 Scarlet Monestary
42-50 ZF & Scholo (we found Scholo was rubbish)
50-52 Sunken Temple
52-55 Blackrock Depths - Did a few quests here
55-60 EPL Cauldron quests and a couple more. Then we went to Winterspring to kill the named mobs. Turned in cloth at major cities (around 50K per city)!

In addition i saved my level 10 hunter taming quests until level 59. I got 22k Xp per turn in for them:)

Back
Top Bottom