Oh God, bad news :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Originally posted by Type_R
I find it pretty sad that the anti-war and war supporters alike find it soo difficult to care about deaths of any individuals. 12 human beings died, I respect that, but it is up to those pro-war supporters to show respect for the 1000s of innocent children, women, elderly that will die in their homes thanx to our 5000 lb bombs landing on them.

I hope that wasnt pointed at me :(

Soldato
Originally posted by chenko
Garp, you joking? or are you really that senile? You dont bury survivors?. :p

LOL yeah, I'm joking! :D
Sorry, it brought to mind the old riddle about where you bury the survivors after a plane crash on the X/Y border.

Soldato
Originally posted by Slime101
Because i am entitled to my view and opinion about this bloody war the same as you are - if i wish to express them in here i will!
Yeah and I'm entitled to my view and opinion of you, it goes a little somethin like this:
puke.gif

Soldato
oh christ..

Navy helicopters collide in Gulf

Two Royal Navy Sea King search and rescue helicopters have been involved in a mid-air collision in the Gulf.

hope everyone is ok.. i suspect that is being too optimisitic though.. :(

Soldato
im starting to get the feeling that we'll lose more troops in this conflict not through engaging the enemy but from helicopter crashes! :(

Soldato
Originally posted by Stand_By_Me_Girl

Maybe we should just keep one thread for people to write R.I.P in, I just thought it'd be a bit silly if we had a new thread for everytime a soldier died or something.

*me shrugs*

Why do you want one thread, so you can print more school threads and recieve more attention, or print meaningless posts? Don't you think that our lads who have lost their lives are worth a few words of solace? Your attitude towards our lads in the Gulf is deplorable. You may be anti war, but the least you can do is give our dead soldiers the respect they deserve. You're the first one to break down and cry when someone shouts at you on the forums. What do you suppose the mothers of those dead soldiers are doing right now? Spare some thought for the survivors of this tragedy. Were it not for soldiers you'd be shouting Seig Heil now and singing the Nazi National Anthem. Thanks to them you enjoy freedom today. Don't knock 'em.

Soldato
My thoughts are with the families of the lost ones.

However disprespectful, this forum is for freedom of speech, and "anti pc", so slime can air all the views he wants to, just like kanes can share his support for the bnp/np groups.

Associate
:(

Originally posted by silverpaw
Yeah and I'm entitled to my view and opinion of you, it goes a little somethin like this:
puke.gif

Agreed 100%

However disprespectful, this forum is for freedom of speech, and "anti pc", so slime can air all the views he wants to, just like kanes can share his support for the bnp/np groups.

Maybe, but imo it was very tasteless to post that in a thread like this.

Man of Honour
I find it pretty sad that the anti-war and war supporters alike find it soo difficult to care about deaths of any individuals. 12 human beings died, I respect that, but it is up to those pro-war supporters to show respect for the 1000s of innocent children, women, elderly that will die in their homes thanx to our 5000 lb bombs landing on them.

I think you will find that the stance maintained by most of the pro war here is due to respect for the 100,000's if not millions of Iraqi's and others who have been killed by Saddam's regime.

Also, our bombs are not landing on their homes. I pray that there are no stray missiles that do, obviously, but at least they are not purposefully aimed at civilians.

Mal

Bod

Bod

Soldato
What I want to know is, how the hell can ANYONE except the leaders of the countries involved say whether this war is justified or not?

Do YOU know EVERYTHING that they do? No. Like has been said. If it wasnt for men like those that lost their lives the other night, you would be speaking German and hailing the fuhrer.

Whether or not you agree with why they are there, you should at least be showing some respect.

Yes, youre entitled to your non-patriotic views, just as everybody else is. But youre not entitled to show a lack of respect.

That, sir, is disgusting.

Bod

Bod

Soldato
but it is up to those pro-war supporters to show respect for the 1000s of innocent children, women, elderly that will die in their homes thanx to our 5000 lb bombs landing on them.

Well what would that figure be if there was no military action, and saddam was left in power? Not just a few wartime casualties I can tell you.

Granted, there may be a few civilian casualties, as there will be a few military (allied) casualties, and I have the deepest sympathies and respect for those that do not make it through this conflict.

But, as the long time saying goes. You cant make an omelette without breaking any eggs.

The peaceful route has ended. There is no way to sort this out peacefully. The only way is force. And I would rather see 5 casualties at the hand of war, than 500 (and ongoing) casualties at the hands of a murderous dictator and his regime.

Soldato
Originally posted by MindYerBeak
Why do you want one thread, so you can print more school threads and recieve more attention, or print meaningless posts? Don't you think that our lads who have lost their lives are worth a few words of solace? Your attitude towards our lads in the Gulf is deplorable. You may be anti war, but the least you can do is give our dead soldiers the respect they deserve.

Lay off. There was no direspect in that post. There has been enough tub-thumping patriotism here as it is. The soldiers lost their lives doing their job, though it was not a job that many people here wanted them to be doing. Given the current casualty to progress ration, we could be in for a lot more of them. Why not make a sticky so anybody who wants to express their patriotism can do so at every available oppurtunity.

Originally posted by Bod
What I want to know is, how the hell can ANYONE except the leaders of the countries involved say whether this war is justified or not?

Yes, youre entitled to your non-patriotic views, just as everybody else is. But youre not entitled to show a lack of respect.

This isn`t an anti-war thread, but given the falsehoods and lies that we have been fed, we have every resaon to doubt what "classified" information remains.

Questionning the futility of these deaths is not "unpatriotic". If anything, it is more in the interests of the country than those who spout banal prose about respect. Why is it that we have lost twice as many troops as the US, and all in non-combat situations. Is the state of military training and equipment and US coordination that bad? Taking the attitude that "people die in war" makes no preventative attempt for the future - and puts more UK lives at risk.

People need to look beyond the heroic glow - modern war is a business - machined precision. There is little heroic about bombing civilians, or even a bedraggled army. Death through machine failure might be written off as "miscellaneous costs".:(

Soldato
Originally posted by sedm1000
Lay off. There was no direspect in that post. There has been enough tub-thumping patriotism here as it is. The soldiers lost their lives doing their job, though it was not a job that many people here wanted them to be doing. Given the current casualty to progress ration, we could be in for a lot more of them. Why not make a sticky so anybody who wants to express their patriotism can do so at every available oppurtunity.

Wow what a load of spin-induced bull****. Firstly the majority here want them there doing this job, a vote was taken last week and the vast majority voted in favour of this war. Secondly great progress was made last night and the night before; Saddam was injured, several of his top men killed, 8000 men surrendered, 200 tanks, and last nights bombing was highly accurate [see ariel view of Bagdad in the Times].

Soldato
Originally posted by silverpaw
Wow what a load of spin-induced bull****. Firstly the majority here want them there doing this job, a vote was taken last week and the vast majority voted in favour of this war. Secondly great progress was made last night and the night before; Saddam was injured, several of his top men killed, 8000 men surrendered, 200 tanks, and last nights bombing was highly accurate [see ariel view of Bagdad in the Times].

Really need a smiley for rolling around on the floor laughing my guts up.

I haven`t seen a copy of the Sun yet today - probably dont need to after that;).

Soldato
Originally posted by sedm1000
Really need a smiley for rolling around on the floor laughing my guts up.

I haven`t seen a copy of the Sun yet today - probably dont need to after that;).
Are you blind to the outside world? seriously, do you have a source of news, of what's actually happening in Iraq?

Man of Honour
Right, this is a thread for people here to express their sorrow for those killed. How dare any of your say we are wrong to do so. If you do not wish to express your sorrow, then dont. But dont tell us not to.

These brave men are part of a liberating force. Iraqi civilians are greeting them with food packages, tearing down Saddam pictures once an area is fully taken when they feel some safety, and chanting "Saddam your time is up etc"

This thread is to show our respect, as we see fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom