Old boxed pc games from a time long long ago...

It’s been a few years since I’ve been in the loft at mum’s place, but from memory:

Doom Special Edition: Thy Flesh Consumed
Doom 2
Hexen
Hexen 2
Red Alert
AvP
Carmageddon 2
Sanitarium (that was one twisted game)
Quake
Quake 2
Mech Warrior 2
Blade Runner
Half Life

There must be loads more I’m forgetting, as there are two large boxes full.
I remember Microprose! They used to make simulations for the C64. My favourite was Silent Service - I played that for hours!

I remember Microprose! They used to make simulations for the C64. My favourite was Silent Service - I played that for hours!

I remember Silent Service II on the Amiga and it was a big box game that had maps, manual and floppy disk.. Was a superb game back in the day.

I had so many big box games, but they take up to much room so the boxes went into the bin - sadly. Wish I'd kept some of them. I had loads, Amiga and PC until I moved in 2005.

Think i've still got my Half Life big box, but I hardly have any PC CDROM or DVD's kicking about anymore. What with Steam I don't tend to even use my PC DVD drive much anymore..

How times have changed.

I can haz thread winnor?

I have more but couldnt find them all.

Also I have lots of current collectors editions in extra bigger boxes.

I like my boxes, if anyone throws them away I will burn people by setting them on fire.

I have quite a few sitting around, including Red Alert and both it's expansions, Tiberian Sun and it's expansion, Age of Empires Gold, Bug Too!, KKMD Extreme, F1 Grand Prix, Half Life 2 and a few others. :)

Brings back memories seeing some of these :)

Got a ton of them in the loft. Dating back to the c64, Amiga etc. Glad in a way I never binned them as when I'm old and grey I can sift through them all occasionally and reminisce...show the grand kids what REAL GAMES were like :p

WOW!!! so good to see some of these as they bring back such good memories.

I bought my first PC just to play Wing Commander 2 :)

I played WC1 at lunch on a PC at work but it wasn't up to the job for WC2 :(

You know what, this thread has just made me buy this off the 'bay.

oxxMU.jpg

My favourite game from my school days. :cool:

Yes I know it's on Steam but I wanted the real version. :D

Very true.. The best game from the old days have to fall between the Original Command & Conquers [before EA games got their grubby lil hands on them] and Dungeon Keeper 1 & 2.

Still got those bad boys in the original boxes and CD's..

Still have the old style box for Tie Fighter, Baldur's Gate and a few others around because I didnt want to chuck them.

There seemed to be a lot more attention paid to things like the manual etc back then.

Still have a ton of GBA/GB/N64 cases around too in the same vein, as they make me nostalgic.

I have an entire shelf full of game boxes in my parents house

off the top of my head: Sim Tower (I'd love to play that again), Transport Tycoon Deluxe, Blade Runner, Tie-Fighter, Quake, Half Life, Microprose's Pirates, one of the fmv wing commander games with Luke Skywalker in, Civilization, Civilization 2, Red Alert, Microsoft Flight Simulator 98, Theme Hospital, Colonization, X-wing vs Tie-Fighter.

Great games (maybe not the wing commander one)

Back
Top Bottom