tommyboy2k4-DSC01023.JPG

Phone ones are by far the best:

tommyboy2k4-DSC01021.jpg

I just need to get one for my 6600 now.:p

tom

tom

Soldato
Originally posted by matskiosaurus
If you want to sell your 6600 tom matey, drop me a mail ;)
I know you are fickle when it comes to keeping phones :p

Hehe, I can't decide which I want to sell, the 6600 or the 8910i.:( The 8910i is just a lot more rare and much more quality, but the 6600 does so much more.

Hmm, decisions, decisions, although the 8910i is on eBay at the moment lol.

Soldato
I prefer toms apple to choppers oranges:)
Hey Chopper that sucks a 128mb limit, spose I may wait a year or so for better models . I want wifi multimedia/video coming from my pc - mobile for world access to my media on the pc at home, now that would be nice ha ha.

Fancy phones bah you get any of them easily with a silly £20-£30 PM contract these days hardly worth all the interest but spose everyone loves flaunting what they got and seems a lot of our teen members like to show up mates etc at school / colleage.

Mind you have considered replacing my 610 with the 630, but there wick with battery life.

PS Tom bit of paper under your monitor, ahem get that thing sorted/leveled. spoils the nice pic ;)

Last edited:

tom

tom

Soldato
Originally posted by Mr Latte
PS Tom bit of paper under your monitor, ahem get that thing sorted/leveled. spoils the nice pic ;)

The only way to get it levelled really is to heighten the legs on my desk, but this is more trouble than it's worth really.

Anyway, my new monitor should be with me soon, both of which are going to be wallmounted.:)

tom

tom

Soldato
Is it the same monitor that you have now ?
Should look pretty good if you have dual widescreen tfts :)

Nah, unfortunately not, although I did consider it. Dual widescreens would be really cool, but I think overall, a little pointless. I love widescreen, which is why i'm going to be keeping this monitor, but I couldn't see myself using dual widescreen monitors.

I intend on getting one of the Dell 2001FP's for now, to use as my main screen where you see the Relisys now. The relisys is going to be mounted flat to the wall to the right hand side, facing forward, and will purely be used for TV, DVD's and Xbox gaming. The new TFT will be mounted in the corner and will be used for everything else.:)

Soldato
Youd be a fool to only use the rely as a tv display.

Once you play around with multimonitors theres no turning back, consider running both.
Didnt think widscreen monitors suited PC games as the resolution isnt always supported and then your using a stretched variant but the dell is going to look MASSIVE and much better with games as the rely does look funny even for general surfing from my own personal experience.

Be nice seeing the new 20" on the wall though, and not fussed on their stands, however I dont think tv in one corner and monitor in the other is the best soloution unless you want to end up with a squint. NE/NW eyes, or did you mean putting the rely in the middle of the desk?
Personally Id recommend a self made wall display unit for storage either side and have the two monitors built in the middle wall mounted, perhaps the widscreen on top via a retracting adjustable arm bracket.

Only an idea

Last edited:

tom

tom

Soldato
Nice idea Mr Latte and I appreciate the input.:)

I intend to have the Relisys in the middle, I am doing a quick photoshop now to give you an idea of how I would like things. The thing with making another unit is that my desk is (unfortunately) fairly small, so I don't really have the room to play with.:(

Permabanned
Some of you guys have some nice speaker setups so I'll ask here :)

Are the Altec Lansing 5100's worth the extra £50 or so over the Altec Lansing 251's? I have read only good things about both sets but want to know if it is worth the extra £50 for the 5100's, the only thing I have seen to help me make a decision is that the 251's are wall mountable :(

tom

tom

Soldato
I've got a 40gb iPod on the way as well ;) worthy addition to my desk methinks :]

Excellent choice sir! Glad you didn't go for one of those Zen or Archos heaps.:D Mine's only a 20GB (as you can see from the box on the shelf ;)), and it never fails to impress me to this day. One of my best purchases.:)

Enjoy it.

Associate
i have yet to finish the new machine - buit heres a pic of my current desktop:

IMG_3616.JPG

I just got a black widow yesterday - so i will have that up and running in a couple of weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom