Older generation - racist?

Soldato
This thread reminded me of the scene in Clerks 2 where the guy realises that his Grandma was a racist yet he never realised when he was young.

"Ahhh, so maybe thats why she used to call a broken bottle a nword knife". Funny Film.

My Grandparents, to my knowledge are not racist!

Associate
This thread reminded me of the scene in Clerks 2 where the guy realises that his Grandma was a racist yet he never realised when he was young.

"Ahhh, so maybe thats why she used to call a broken bottle a nword knife". Funny Film.

My Grandparents, to my knowledge are not racist!

"The Guy"?

Surely you mean Randal. :p.

Kevin Smith ***.

Soldato
Yeah - I've known of farmers in New Zealand back in the day that used to kill the black sheep simply because they are black. It's a bit of a sign of the times. I think it's a good thing tho that their offspring have the capacity to get past it.

Soldato
Some people get upset over words, while the world goes to hell, people lose houses, jobs, families.

Maybe its about time we stopped being so bloody sensitive and get on with helping each other.

Just an idea.

ColiN - probaly racist, sexist, sizist, and as many other ist's words you can make up as well.

Soldato
Yeah - I've known of farmers in New Zealand back in the day that used to kill the black sheep simply because they are black. It's a bit of a sign of the times. I think it's a good thing tho that their offspring have the capacity to get past it.

Not really relevant as I doubt it is more than likely that they just prefered white sheep and wanted to promote that in the bloodline. The english did the same with sheep dogs only we killed the ginger and white ones to promote the black and white colourings, The welsh did the oposite hence a welsh sheepdog is traditionally ginger and white not black and white which I don't think makes them racist against black people just means they prefered there dogs a standard colour.

Man of Honour
My grandparents when they were alive were very much the opposite - apart from my Greek Cypriot grandmother who could be a bit contentious but never ever with any malice intended. My French grandparents were very placid and thoroughly unbothered by such things.

Man of Honour
I would say the majority are because of the time they came through.
Not many of you on here have seen a change to this country but even I remember places like Shelton, Normacot & Cobridge were 'all white' areas in Stoke but now you'd be hard pressed to see a white face.
At the workplace you would have one token foreigner who usually did menial tasks but once again its hard to pick the British out from the immigrants.
Its the changing face of Britain and old people generally find it hard to take in.

I went to see the Doc this morning and my mother asked who I went to see -
Dr Vas
I won't see him
Why?
Cause he's one of those
One of what?
A darkie
Who do you see?
Dr Harper
You do realise you might catch gayness off him?
Don't be silly.

Back
Top Bottom