Olympic Athletics

Not a bad run at all by Chambers.

Is the Heptathlon back on after the 100m heats?

It's simultaneous. Really annoying. Pole vault has also been happening. The athletics feed seriously needs splitting up, far too much going on at once.

I've found different feeds in france, they have split it up really nicely. But it had said the Javelin was delayed for some reason, I assumed it was for the 100m.

Seems to be back on now that it's finished.

It's simultaneous. Really annoying. Pole vault has also been happening. The athletics feed seriously needs splitting up, far too much going on at once.

I remember for the 2006 common wealth games in Manchester they split the feeds so that all the athletics events had their own coverage via the red button which was ace as I love watching the field events (javelin in particular) and normally there is one throw shown, followed promptly by 20 laps of the track.. I was hoping it would be similar here, but alas not... :(

It's such a shame that Chambers is in.
Drug cheats are not ambassadors for the sport and are not people we should be forced to have represent us.
The BOC didn't want him in Team GB, the public don't want him to represent us and frankly it's embarrassing that we have drug cheats wearing our flag at a home games.

I genuinely hope he doesn't perform well and quietly slides away with minimal publicity.

The rest of Team GB are performing fantastically and are making the nation proud :cool:

Chris [BEANS];22491527 said:
Drug cheats are not ambassadors for the sport and are not people we should be forced to have represent us.
The BOC didn't want him in Team GB, the public don't want him to represent us and frankly it's embarrassing that we have drug cheats wearing our flag at a home games.

I genuinely hope he doesn't perform well and quietly slides away with minimal publicity.

The rest of Team GB are performing fantastically and are making the nation proud :cool:

I'll speak for myself thank you very much.

Even if he did drugs, it was still him that had to run, drugs just made his body better. People talk about drugs as if all the other athletes aren't also trying to gain an advantage through other means, be it shoes, outfits, the new muscle tape etc etc. The only real issue with drugs is that they have a tendency to do harm or result in death, but it surely has to be a personal choice for them. They get caught and they serve their suspension and then leave it at that. If they can win for Team GB then good tbh!

Even if he did drugs, it was still him that had to run, drugs just made his body better. People talk about drugs as if all the other athletes aren't also trying to gain an advantage through other means, be it shoes, outfits, the new muscle tape etc etc. The only real issue with drugs is that they have a tendency to do harm or result in death, but it surely has to be a personal choice for them. They get caught and they serve their suspension and then leave it at that. If they can win for Team GB then good tbh!

No the main issue with taking drugs as far as sport is concerned is that it is against the rules and therefore is considered cheating.

Please do, 'the public' isn't you is it?
'The public opinion' is the general sentiment of the nation.

I could understand your protest if I'd said "That Caswhatever poster on the forum doesn't want him representing us" because it wouldn't be my place to speak for you, but as I commented on public opinion and stated as much there's no problem is there.

My issue with Chambers isn't the fact that he got caught it's the fact he said he didn't care and accused all top athletes of taking drugs in an interview he gave to the BBC. Some of our biggest and most well know athletes came out in support of him and he kicked every single one of them in the teeth with that interview. He's a pathetic excuse of a man and shouldn't be anywhere near the Olympics. Support Chambers and you support cheats in sport.

I hope he performs well, provided he is clean now then he's served his ban and should be able to compete with everyone else. I'm not convinced that you can state public opinion is unequivocally that he shouldn't represent Team GB, I'm a member of the public and I'm happy enough for him to be there. It would however have been better if the debate hadn't dragged on in the way it did.

I'd agree that Team GB have been doing amazingly well though and I hope it continues.

Pleased to see that all three of our 100m sprinters got through easily enough and delighted for Jess Ennis to throw 46.61m in the javelin to hopefully limit any potential points loss against her rivals given it isn't her best event.

Back
Top Bottom