Olympic Athletics

I just looked up who he is and what he did.
Sure, why wouldn't I feel the same?

Because he's been extremely repentant since, was in a sport where "doping" was almost the done thing (at that time) and has become almost an anti-doping ambassador since.

Do you also agree then that all jail sentences should be life sentences?

Last edited:
From the live text :(

A remarkable story has emerged from the Olympic Stadium this morning, as Kim Collins - 100m world champion in 2003 and bronze medal winner behind Yohan Blake just last year - has been booted out of the St Kitts and Nevis team for spending the night with his wife in a hotel.

His own wife, I should add...

Anyway the 36-year-old is far from happy about the decision.

He told BBC Radio 5 live: "It ends on a really sad note. I should have been allowed to run. I don't see what is the big deal, I am a grown man, I'm just about to become a grandfather.

"I did not come to London to watch the Olympic 100m final on TV. I could not get into the village, my accreditation was cancelled. I am not walking away, I was pushed out."

That seems crazy harsh, a real shame for Kim Collins, he always come accross as a really nice bloke too.

I always got the impression he was some sort of megastar in St. Kitts and Nevis too, guess they must take their rules mega seriously.

My issue with Chambers isn't the fact that he got caught it's the fact he said he didn't care and accused all top athletes of taking drugs in an interview he gave to the BBC. Some of our biggest and most well know athletes came out in support of him and he kicked every single one of them in the teeth with that interview. He's a pathetic excuse of a man and shouldn't be anywhere near the Olympics. Support Chambers and you support cheats in sport.

rubbish. where did he say that. show me a link to the full none eidted interview. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom