Olympic Opening Ceremony

NZB

NZB

Associate
Macca totally ruined the end of that for me. I wish big event organisers would realise that he belongs to a different era. They need to end with something like Smack My ***** Up by The Prodigy.

Other than Macca the opening ceremony was amazing in every other way.

He started off a bit **** but it was not bad by the end. I thought the getting the men and women to sing separately then together was a nice touch.

The closing ceremony should be much better music wise going by who'se confirmed for it.

Associate
He started off a bit **** but it was not bad by the end. I thought the getting the men and women to sing separately then together was a nice touch.

The closing ceremony should be much better music wise going by who'se confirmed for it.

yeah,but first enjoy Olympics they just started.

Associate
This will be up there amongst the best organized Olympics. I think/hope that the North Korean flag mistake will be one of the few.

NZB

NZB

Associate
yeah,but first enjoy Olympics they just started.

The opening and closing ceremonies are spectacles on their own and worth commenting on separately. If i wanted to talk about sprinters or swimmers for example i'd have posted in a thread titled something other than "Olympic opening ceremony".

Associate
The opening and closing ceremonies are spectacles on their own and worth commenting on separately. If i wanted to talk about sprinters or swimmers for example i'd have posted in a thread titled something other than "Olympic opening ceremony".

so fallowing your logic,wait for a thread "Olympic closining ceremony"

Caporegime
There were parts quite clever:

Revealing Tim Berners-Lee under the house
The Industrial revolution part to creating the 5 rings

But there was a few strange and incoherent sections that feels very disjointed:
NHS that jumped to Harry Potter - Giant Voldermort
Flying Mary Poppins
James Bond and Mr Bean

- this section feels like every british export ever got its own 15 minutes of fame and tried to cramp as much of it as they could, one act didn't really fit into the next within this 1 chapter, at least the Industrial revolution part made sense.

The status update was tacky, i am sure there are better ways to illustrate the WWW than Twitter!

The only impressive part for me was the cauldron, from its inception and execution.

Soldato
The inclusion of Mr Bean was excellent.

One of the things in the world which requires absolutely no translation whatsoever, and is universally understandable by everyone on the planet. Such a perfectly fitting British thing to be included in such a global event.

I'm not really that surprised that so many people on this forum don't understand the significance of simple things like the inclusion of Mr Bean.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Mr bean is one of british TV's biggest exports! It's seen all around the world and the show has been sold in 245 territories worldwide (Thansk Wikipedia!) so to some countries it's a big example of Britain.

Soldato
What's this NHS **** about? Why would anyone celebrate their medical service in an international sporting event? Perhaps the olympic medical team is superior than the NHS
Wiki says the NHS is the 'oldest and largest single-payer healthcare system in the world.'

This is Britain's chance to put on a show for the world. It's a brilliant thing to show off with so many world leaders present, and tell the world we're proud of our healthcare system.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom