Olympic Tennis

Soldato
So a win for Baltacha but she's against Ivanovic in the next round so that's the end of that.

It appears the men's tournament is best of 3? Seems a bit of a shame but I guess it's difficult to fit into 1 week (I assume) if they play best of 5.

Fed having a bit of a wobble losing his service game for the match as well...

Man of Honour
Is it me or have they made the grass extra-bright? Maybe given it special grass food? Or maybe it's just the garish purple spoling the lovely normal Wimbledon colours which is distorting everything...

Man of Honour
My guess is it probably looks different on TV due to contrast with the purple as you suggest, also worth bearing in mind it takes a bit of a pasting at Wimbledon very quickly especially around the baseline so gets degraded very quickly.

Soldato
It is a little weird.

So is the purple.

Is it me or have they made the grass extra-bright? Maybe given it special grass food? Or maybe it's just the garish purple spoling the lovely normal Wimbledon colours which is distorting everything...

It's new grass around the baseline.
After the Wimbledon Championships, they removed all the turf around the baseline and laid down some new turf that they had been growing and maintaining elsewhere. (source - Wimbledon website)

Soldato
Doubt it, Murray can expect bronze at best.

[Edit] Hoping Laura Robson can do something against the grunter as well, can't see it though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom