Olympic Tennis

Soldato
Doubt it, Murray can expect bronze at best.

[Edit] Hoping Laura Robson can do something against the grunter as well, can't see it though.

You're right, he clearly has no chance of doing better than that :rolleyes:

Murray is the third seed. He doesn't have a good recent record against Federer or Djokovic. Hence he can expect to come third - i.e bronze.

Now cram your rolleyes somewhere the sun doesn't sprout from. :rolleyes:

Soldato
Murray is the third seed. He doesn't have a good recent record against Federer or Djokovic. Hence he can expect to come third - i.e bronze.

Now cram your rolleyes somewhere the sun doesn't sprout from. :rolleyes:

Your summation of this is simple Murray, is the third seed meaning he can't finish higher than Bronze...

Murray can expect bronze at best.

Complete and utter nonsense.

As Robo mentioned Murray's 3 set record against Djokovic and especially Federer is much better, in fact in 3 set matches he leads Federer.

Just because he's the third seed doesn't mean he has no chance in winning the thing, in fact he has a very good chance of reaching the final.

Soldato
OP
I think you're having a storm in a tea cup here guys. Tute is right in some ways, as 3rd seed, it suggests there are two guys better than Murray so if all goes to form he should get bronze.

Doesn't mean he can't make the final mind.

Soldato
Your summation of this is simple Murray, is the third seed meaning he can't finish higher than Bronze...

Absolutely not what i've said at all. Looks to me like you've mis-quoted me and rather than admit it you're just taking what i've said and twisting it to sort your own opinion.

He can finish better than 3rd, but it's certainly not expected. In fact, I think there's more chance of him finishing out of the medals rather than on silver or gold.

As Robo mentioned Murray's 3 set record against Djokovic and especially Federer is much better, in fact in 3 set matches he leads Federer.

So? When was the last time he beat either, or even looked like he could? The gap from Murray to the player above him has never been bigger.

Just because he's the third seed doesn't mean he has no chance in winning the thing, in fact he has a very good chance of reaching the final.

He has a chance, but a good one? He should beat Almagro but barring something special will lose to Djokovic. I'm sorry you don't want to hear it but that's how it is.

Don't get me wrong, I hope he does get to the final. But he's not expected to. He's expected to get bronze at best - i.e there's more chance of him underachieving than overachieving. You're wrong if you think otherwise.

Of course, you're welcome to put your money where your mouth is if you really think he will make the final. I'm happy to take you on on that offer. :)

Soldato
Almagro punching his racket and shouting at that person in the crowd made me cringe a bit. I do feel sorry for the guy though, he was dead and buried after the first set.

Soldato
Why are the audio levels all arse about face on Centre?

There's barely a whisper from the court itself, so you can't hear the game actually being played, yet the commentators are cranked up to 11.

Back
Top Bottom