Olympic Triathlon

Soldato
OP
Saw a video on BBC today of some of the crashes on a wet corner.
They claim in the headline that one of the girls who falls is "run over" by another rider following, but i'm pretty sure it's an intentional hop over her. Cant really see much from the video, but theres no way you would be able to roll over somebody lying down like that (even if she is a super-skinny triathlete), i'm convinced it's a wee hop over her.

Locked up the rear wheel just before it as well, some impressive bike handling there!

Caporegime
I'd go with that, some very nice bike handling skills there, same with the Italian later who nicely controls her back end skid.

No way someone would be getting up fairly quickly if she was actually run over!

Soldato
I got to Buckingham Place this morning a good hour before the Triathlon was due to start and was shocked at how quiet the turnout was compared to last week.

Found a great spot on the turnaround which was a tricky corner due to the slippery conditions, so much so that the one Russian girl went down right in front of us, ouch!

Enjoyed the 7 laps and then decided to walk up to Hyde Park, which it turns out is where everybody who had come to watch was. The crowd was at least 8 deep during the run stage, couldn't believe how busy it was. I'd been able to watch most of the race in between on my phone, sadly though missed the finish because the sheer number of people at the end killed the phone signal.

Was good entertainment though.

Back
Top Bottom