On The Wagon... then in 'ere!

Associate
C'mon brenn, we are all routing for you :)

Just try an AA meting. Worst case is u loose an hour or so of your life, best case is you get the rest of your life back :)

I'm doing alright, one slip-up in a month ain't bad .. to be honest I'm finding the regime of having to attend appointments quite beneficial, knowing I *HAVE* to be somewhere on a specific date focuses the mind on staying off the booze. Doctors appointment tomorrow, turn up drunk or hungover would go down pretty badly!!!!

Same goes for weekly AA meetings, should be good for me.

Associate
Came clean to my doctor today about my alcohol intake, she said "I know". :/

Refused to prescribe me diazepam and zoplicone ... I pretty much knew she would.

Soldato
Came clean to my doctor today about my alcohol intake, she said "I know". :/

Refused to prescribe me diazepam and zoplicone ... I pretty much knew she would.

Why would you want to or expect a doctor to substitute 1 drug for 2 others:confused:

As I've said before you either don't get it or you're playing silly buggers.

You can't substitute one drug for another as you'll just become dependant on that drug:rolleyes:

Seek help and have a hard think about if you want to stop drinking or not. You mentioned you liked biking and that your temptation was at about 9pm? Why not go cycling at 8pm and make sure you return after the shops have closed?

16 months alcohol free here so it is relatively easy if you really want to. Before you ask my alcohol intake was well into triple figure for the week in unit terms.:(

Associate
I asked because doctors hand out opiates like smarties to addicts, because I wasn't suffering from withdrawals she wouldn't prescribe me anything. I knew she wouldn't but it was worth a try.

Cycling till gone 10pm ... I should be tucked up in bed with a cup of coco reading verses from the bible by that time!

Soldato
I asked because doctors hand out opiates like smarties to addicts, because I wasn't suffering from withdrawals she wouldn't prescribe me anything. I knew she wouldn't but it was worth a try.

Cycling till gone 10pm ... I should be tucked up in bed with a cup of coco reading verses from the bible by that time!

I'll leave you to it , you're either in very serious trouble or as I suspect you're playing silly games. I hope it is the latter for your sake.

You've been given some very sound advice on here , if you are on the level then first of all I feel for you I really do and secondly take the advice given.

Associate
Why do you keep on saying I'm playing games? I didn't have much fun spending an hour at the doctors, another 40 minutes waiting for my prescription , and it's Friday night and I'm drinking a cup of tea!

Associate
Already thought of that, that's why I have my last cup of tea at 9pm and don't go to bed till midnight. I've been sleeping alright which surprises me.

Associate
Doesn't sound too appealing ..... my ex bought me some Earl Gray and it tasted like it was made out of old socks.

I'm happy with a glass of Horlicks if I want a hot drink after 10pm.

Associate
if you dont understand flavoured tea and then use earl grey as a comparison ...i give up good luck i think your gonna need more then chats on here to help you.

Back
Top Bottom