On The Wagon... then in 'ere!

Soldato
Brenn47, i really feel for you.

I went without any booze for almost two months before christmas then in new year and Feb i fell off and again now since i have a week hols from work.

The i can have one more drink if i don't go off the rails mentality is so common, infact i have started drinking vodka now so i'm not peeing so much (as if its better).

Associate
Cheers, Things are going well.

Word of warning khemist, one of the worst things I've done in my life was swapping wine for spirits, that's when I started getting proper sick.

Associate
Things are going well apart from this damn pain in my chest. Lets just hope the memory of how bad it can get doesn't fade and I have a *one last time* drink!

Associate
Alright, day number 14 I think. Haven't as much given booze a second thought, sleeping OK which is good, usually end up with days of insomnia when I give up drinking.

Associate
Bloody hell, just weighed myself, I've lost a stone in 2 weeks! :eek:

But then again, pouring 1000+ calories down yer throat late at night probably wasn't the best idea.

Last edited:
Associate
Mild headache, had it since day 1, putting it down to my brain running on blood instead of the usual Whisky. Eating healthy and spend my days trying to overdose on cups of tea, it doesn't seem to be possible. :(

Ooooh 2 weeks .... guess I should try and beat my 3 month record. :)

Associate
Just bought the Allen Carr book on giving up Alcohol for my kindle... I've read a few posts in this thread that apparently it's really good.

I'll give it a go. :)

Back
Top Bottom