On The Wagon... then in 'ere!

Man of Honour
Forgive me Father, for I have sinned. It has been 3 days since my last confession. These are my sins...
i have drunk 4 cans + of stella every day

The priest will give the necessary advice and assign penance
(^^ thats you DJ).....

Caporegime
Keep up the good work and remember that cutting down is good too!

20 days off the booze for me now :)
Excellent one matey :)

A couple of cups of lemon tea each evening got me through my giving up phase. Still have them but decaff now. :)
I have to admit that regardless of how many beers I would have of an evening, I would still have a coffee or tea before bed.

I've started drinking more tea lately, but it's plain old ordinary. In time, I make take you up on the lemon :)

decaff.... NOOOOOOOOOOO never! ;)

Forgive me Father, for I have sinned. It has been 3 days since my last confession. These are my sins...

(^^ thats you DJ).....
Go straight to GO, do not collect 200 pounds.... am I doing this right?

Man of Honour
OP

You are forgiven my son....

For your penance you are to have two Hail Maries tonight:

3 1/2 ounces tomato juice
1 dash of Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1/2 teaspoon Tabasco Pepper Sauce
A Lime slice or celery stalks​

Now go in peace. :)

Soldato
You are forgiven my son....

For your penance you are to have two Hail Maries tonight:

3 1/2 ounces tomato juice
1 dash of Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1/2 teaspoon Tabasco Pepper Sauce
A Lime slice or celery stalks​

Now go in peace. :)

That sounds like an epic pennance :)

Man of Honour
I'm semi tempted by the whole not drinking in October thing... Though I'd have to make two exceptions (my birthday at the very least and perhaps my friend's birthday this Friday).

Part of me feels that this is cheating but I guess even not drinking for most days is better than not bothering at all and drinking as much as I do normally.

Caporegime
I'm semi tempted by the whole not drinking in October thing... Though I'd have to make two exceptions (my birthday at the very least and perhaps my friend's birthday this Friday).

Part of me feels that this is cheating but I guess even not drinking for most days is better than not bothering at all and drinking as much as I do normally.

You have already made excuses. You need to want to stop. But any change is good. Most people play games with themselves over and over and over again until the penny drops. Don't worry.

Permabanned
Right. At the lovely DJ's command I'll go dry for October. Thinking about it I haven't had a week where I haven't been completely hammered at least once since I was about 16/17. Pretty scary considering I now drink spirits by the bottle in single sittings most days of the week.

Subbed. :)

Caporegime
Right. At the lovely DJ's command I'll go dry for October. Thinking about it I haven't had a week where I haven't been completely hammered at least once since I was about 16/17. Pretty scary considering I now drink spirits by the bottle in single sittings most days of the week.

Subbed. :)

A very warm welcome mate :)

This is the place to rant and rave, give tips and offer support. For some it has already started, for others (like yourself) it's tomorrow.

Some are cutting it out completely, others are cutting down. No one is being forced (we will forget the order you got in GD TIAM ;) )...

Man of Honour
A very warm welcome mate :)

This is the place to rant and rave, give tips and offer support. For some it has already started, for others (like yourself) it's tomorrow.

Some are cutting it out completely, others are cutting down. No one is being forced (we will forget the order you got in GD TIAM ;) )...

is it ok if i take the first 2 days off boss? BD on wednesday and out for dinner with someone else paying tomorrow :D

Soldato
So I always find that I fancy a drink in the afternoons about now, I dont really fancy a drink. Its just a habbit where I work from home for myself, the day is usually quiet now. I usually go to my local for a quiet drink where I can relax and rest my mind.

I may have one or two drinks which gives me a taste and I come home and polish of some more.

I find that by this time of the day I am usually quite hungry and the craving for beer is stomach filling too if that makes sense.

So going to start my diet shakes again (pro max ones) hopefully that will cure that. Also going to start buying Tomato juice again, I love a tomato juice with lea and perrins also tabbasco :)

No excuses for me this month I do not think. The money saved will be huge for me too, I never really notice but I must spend £40 a week down my local where a Peroni is £4.65 each and at least £20 a week on beer at home.

Caporegime
is it ok if i take the first 2 days off boss? BD on wednesday and out for dinner with someone else paying tomorrow :D
You can have 1 day off... your call which
So I always find that I fancy a drink in the afternoons about now, I dont really fancy a drink. Its just a habbit where I work from home for myself, the day is usually quiet now. I usually go to my local for a quiet drink where I can relax and rest my mind.

I may have one or two drinks which gives me a taste and I come home and polish of some more.

I find that by this time of the day I am usually quite hungry and the craving for beer is stomach filling too if that makes sense.

So going to start my diet shakes again (pro max ones) hopefully that will cure that. Also going to start buying Tomato juice again, I love a tomato juice with lea and perrins also tabbasco :)

No excuses for me this month I do not think. The money saved will be huge for me too, I never really notice but I must spend £40 a week down my local where a Peroni is £4.65 each and at least £20 a week on beer at home.
Can so relate to having a drink in the afternoon, working shifts (4 on 4 off) I have plenty of free time when off and tend to start early while making dinner. Presently now sat with a mug of tea after another big bowl of stew :)

Back
Top Bottom