Once in a lifetime gift but unfortunately not for everyone

Soldato
Today the wife gave me a gift of a life time - I feel gratefull for it and hope many of you fellow OCUK members recieve one to.

KfPNowF.jpg

I feel like I am in my 50's but that is in the head only.
I have high blood pressure but it is well under control.
My right eye is broken - can only see round the edges .
I am going grey on the head and growing a forest down below so not sure if todger is still there.
Nearly forgot I have hearing aids and off to Specsavers tomorrow for routine hearing test and aids updated.

My body though feels 80 - knees going but not bad enough for replacements -Back aches as does my neck - My hands and arms are weak but they have held up today moving and fitting two new water butts.
The wife says I have spindle shanks - another words rather thin and scrawney.

Other than all that don't feel to bad.

I hope all of you get your card but also in good physical condition.

Soldato
The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.

Fourscore years is a good innings, so says the Bible. Happy birthday!

Soldato
Congrats, I'm 50 in June.
We had a private do at one our my restuarants last saturday. A 50th and I thought jeez its gonna be full of old folks........ Then I realised I was pretty much 50.... Wow that stuff really sneaks up on you..

To quote a film

"life is what passes you by, whilst your busy making other plans" Or something like that.....

Youth is wasted on the young for sure

Soldato
Care to elaborate so I don't make the same mistakes?

Sadly I smoked from about 15 to 26, maybe longer i dont remember exactly but it was over ten years, i was overweight for many years, did not exercise properly and so on. I just generally did not look after myself

Associate
Sadly I smoked from about 15 to 26, maybe longer i dont remember exactly but it was over ten years, i was overweight for many years, did not exercise properly and so on. I just generally did not look after myself
Most / all of that kind of stuff is reversable in time.. if you're lucky enough!

and I do mean lucky.. as life is literally a lottery.. good luck everyone!! :)

Back
Top Bottom