OnePlus One.

Soldato
O2 uses lower frequencies than Three for both 2G and LTE so the indoor reception would be better.
True, but three think my area should get 'excellent' indoor coverage.

Three don't use any frequency for 2G ;)

They are also going to roll out 800Mhz LTE so will be on par. Dunno when, though.
Not a lot of use for OPO owners, LTE support doesnt include 800Mhz iirc.

Although tbh, apart from seeing a LTE logo at the top and occasional better speed tests, where's the real world advantage to LTE at the moment?
3g, and 3g-dc are still good, more widely supported and in the case of DC, often as fast as, or faster, than current LTE in real world scenarios. So I can't say I'm too bothered.
And that's not to mention the higher power requirements of LTE....

Last edited:
Soldato
Associate
Anyone else getting the touchscreen issue when typing? https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/BACON-55

Its the only annoying bug I've found so far. And it's a big, hugely frustrating one.

I thought i was going crazy! I've just sold off my chinese version as i got an invite for the international version, so im using my old N5 and the typing feels so much better, especially on the android L keyboard!

Soldato
If its a firmware issue then i would assume either/or CM or OP will put pressure to get this fixed, as Synaptics have technically not provided OP with a functioning product.

Soldato
I've had weird issues when typing fast… Sometimes it will delete a word I've just written or it will go crazy and repeat the word, for example if I wrote "this" it would change to "thisthisthis" or something..

So far its my only problem with the phone.

I've got a Note 3 and the OPO… I need to decide which one I'm keeping and the other will go to my dad. I'm liking the OPO so far, especially the software and I prefer the camera from what I've seen to the Note 3. Today will be the first day of battery life as I'm at work and not at home.
My note 3 has a weird camera blur and issues when I plug into my PC and view the files (the order is messed up, photos are missing etc..)
So hoping this touch screen issue is what I'm facing and is patched and I hit no other major problems..

Soldato
Didn't the Nexus 7 have near enough the same issue which was resolved with a firmware update?

I have no idea as I never had one.

1+ says I can have a refund :) but the phone has got to make it back to china first!
1+ are arranging the pickup so I don't see why I should have to wait 3-5 weeks for my cash.

Last edited:
Soldato
Why 3-5 weeks ? DHL should have it back within a week.

Also have you been asked to pay shipping... if so, how much ?

I can't see 1+ giving me my cash back the day they get it. It takes 3-6 working days for them to answer a email.
I've next got to get a RMA number from them. Then arrange for 1+ to pick it up.

They will be paying the return fee. And I've told them I want my postage back.

I see last weeks BIG update never happened.

Associate
Are the phones from aliexpress the real thing?

It seems like it'd be worth ordering one from there and pay the extra ~£20 rather than waiting for an invite.
Someone earlier in this thread mentioned that they have a different OS on them though, which seems kind of suspicious to me, but the sellers all have 5 star reviews so I'm not sure what to think.

Soldato
Are the phones from aliexpress the real thing?

It seems like it'd be worth ordering one from there and pay the extra ~£20 rather than waiting for an invite.
Someone earlier in this thread mentioned that they have a different OS on them though, which seems kind of suspicious to me, but the sellers all have 5 star reviews so I'm not sure what to think.

They're the exact same thing, bar a missing LTE band used in the USA. Many even sell with CyanogenMod already installed.

A friend of mine got her phone from them last week. Only thing this a 1 years warranty to China. Although even with 2 years it seems OnePlus has issues with customer support at the moment, so I doubt it matters much.

Soldato
My multi-touch issue reared is head today again.
I actually thought it was solved
Getting a bit concerned myself reading the comments on the Cyanogenmod site that it gets worse after a month, considering I've only had mine less than a week but all sorts of weird stuff happens when typing fast. Not sure what to do with it really, especially if it is a hardware issue. I can live with it how it is at the moment, but if it gets worse … :confused:

Back
Top Bottom