Only MAJOR overclockers need apply - survey!

melchy - any reason you've not pushed beyond 200FSB (I'm thinking of going XP-M route, but only if it'll get me to 220/230) ?

I've got a NF7-s that can do upto 238Mhz FSB with TCCD based ram. Tested both Patriot XBLK TCCD and OCZ Rev.2 in it (separately) and 238Mhz is definitely the board limit as the same RAM in my DFI NF4 is currently sitting nicely at 300Mhz :)

cavemanoc said:
melchy - any reason you've not pushed beyond 200FSB (I'm thinking of going XP-M route, but only if it'll get me to 220/230) ?

None really, i was just happy with 2500Mhz on the XP-M, the voltage was still reasonably low as was the temperature. The ram would have been a limiting factor with it being Geil value so may have got 215 or similar. I suspect with good ram you could happily get 220 - 230.

melchy said:
None really, i was just happy with 2500Mhz on the XP-M, the voltage was still reasonably low as was the temperature. The ram would have been a limiting factor with it being Geil value so may have got 215 or similar. I suspect with good ram you could happily get 220 - 230.

sweet - cheers!

[email protected]
Abit NF7-S
2x256 PC3200 Geil Value 2.5-3-3-8
Air cooler-SP-97

This is with my comp fully loaded 3 optical drives/2 hd/promise ide card/tv-card/modem/6800nu

My chieftec 360wpsu would push it further if I stripped all the non-essentials out for a real bench.

2.5 at stock volts, pi stable but falls over in prime

I run it at 2327 stock volts 24/7 is a cracking cpu

AQYHA 0351 MPMW

Last edited:
melchy said:
I'll see if i can get screenies up later, should be believable clocks though given what others have posted

Do I sense a non-believer of some of our results? Are you doubting the mighty Bulldog, Cather, Brwmogazos & Co? Up those volts and move up the tables! ;)

Not stable but working on it

3700SD.jpg

[email protected],3,3,6

weescott said:
Do I sense a non-believer of some of our results? Are you doubting the mighty Bulldog, Cather, Brwmogazos & Co? Up those volts and move up the tables! ;)

Not at all :D I dont doubt the other clocks, mine are pretty lame in comparison. I simply meant that mine should be believable even without the pictures as others are getting so much higher :)

There once was an overclocker named saftlad
He put his chips down on the table
Armed with a Mach2 he was able
A new record would be had
Now they call him John Wayne
He has the fasted chip in the west
San Diego to be precise.

Oh dear...my jokes don't get any better do they? Don't answer that!
:o

Looked on your chart a while ago and you had the speed as 3700mhz wow, I wish.

Had a winchester 3500 before this 3700 and it sucked big.

I like this one though.

Just trying to think how many volts I dare put through it.

:p

Ps your jokes are carp

I'll give you something to do :p

3300mhz.jpg

He he, not brave enough to put 1.8v through it yet but it will probably come.
Might try a cheapo venice too.

Yep, It's posted at XS (Just seen your Sig & twigged)

I love a challenge! 39's @2.5? Tough, but I'll see. Certainly doable at a higher clock, just have to wait for the AS5 to bed it (Why does it take so long!?!?!? Grrr!)

timings on CH-5 going to get as tight as they'll go now, see what I can push the chip to with the cooling as is, but Methinks I'll have to strip it all down, and completly re-do it.

Ok Ill join in too :)

not stable!
SD 3700 (IHS removed) CABGE0515SPMW
Watercooled (NexXxos) water temp @ 31°c
2x256 BH5 @ 275mhz 2,2,6,2
3020cpuz.jpg

say closer to 2.55...

anyway i got some nice geil value dual channel matched stuff, to replace my old mixed up valueRAM. Can boot [email protected], so i'm seeing if i can beat my old time. Currently at 420mhz SuperPI stable (only just got started)

it's good and cold tonight, so i'm going to see what i can do...

Back
Top Bottom