Only MAJOR overclockers need apply - survey!

Associate
As this is at the top I may as well update mine.

24secpi.gif

CABNE 0530APMW - Mach II GT cooled - SPi stable

Associate
Thanks Marv. :)

I'd forgot to post this result in the Major SuperPi survey though. I think that is the limit of the chip on my setup, I can't get it higher even with 1.78v. Temps are getting a little toasty too, you'll notice +6C in the toolbar on that screen reported by speedfan (that being the load temp), although my evap head was running very warm at the time after a full day of use. Usually it will idle at around -17c to and load at around -7c/-5c.

May be able to squeeze some more out it yet as I'm currently having a word with someone about a regass to r507. :cool:

Associate
I'm having a talk with fatty about it at the moment. He's given me a quote for how much it'll cost but I'm going to have to wait a little bit to sort out some funds (damned christmas :p).

I'm hoping to get a few mods done to my Mach in the new year, although as I said it's just getting the money for it. ;)

Associate
Well, I'm back with more results.

The prommie has been taken on and off more than a lady of the night's knickers lately, so I thought I'd give my 3700 another run on my new motherboard.

3700_347.gif

As always, Mach II GT cooled. :)

Edit: Just thought I'd point out that interestingly my 3700 runs around 4 degrees cooler than my 146 at the same speed and voltages.

Last edited:
Associate
After running at 2.7 for a while and then it bsod i upgraded to a dfi board. Still got bsods so had memory and cpu rma. My new 3700 is amazing.

Doing 280 x 11 (3080mhz) at only 1.55v and is silent air cooled with a xp120 and vantec stealth. Did superpi 1mb in 27s and 32mb in 24m47s. Memory is still very low at 193mhz. Am i likely to see benefits in raising the memory speed and slackening off the timings?

Soldato
Seems that this thread is alive eheh...
Need to sort out my Mach 2 GT then as it broke down...a regass is on the plans so that i can find this 2 year old chip max clock...hehe...
Dont wanna start doing this all over again as i know i will be spending a few thousand pounds to get some new gear, stay in all night volt modding everything blah blah blah
:D

Soldato
hehe...yep i have already contacted him...
Thing is that i dont know what the prob was with the mach 2 gt...i moved it to my other house so i didnt play with it much.Might needs a firmware reflash or its temp sensor might have come off..who knows..but i think i may get it regassed anyways.I hope its controller isnt dead though as were in trouble if it is :p

Associate
Got my X2-4200 up n running now, so pushing the XP1700 (JUIHB DLT3C 0308 on NF7 rev2) for all it's worth...

Working on getting 2600 on air, shouldn't be too hard. Need to get some decent ram in (Using elixir for standard 200FSB... ugh! But I have some old skool CH5 & the DDR Booster to play with yet:D ), as the chip objects to any multi over 12.5 (Tried 13x200 for half an hour, wouldn't go even with 1.9v)

Cooling is (deep breath...)
120mm Focused Flow Delta
172x150mm Papst
80mm Focused Flow Delta
Thermaltake Sonic Tower
Yes, it's somewhat loud (Understatement of the year!), but you can't argue with 32c load at 2500 though, with an ambient of 23c

Pic's to follow when I find my card reader, LOL

Still on the (latest) stock BIOS though, so will flash D36 mantaray on it methinks

cuscus97... watch yer back mate...;) :D I plan on taking 5th on the board for non-M XP's (2621Mhz+)

Back
Top Bottom