Only MAJOR overclockers need apply - survey!

Soldato
AFTER LOADS of tweeking, this seems to be the best i can get outa this system, will give it another go at some point - been a very long test of changing fsb by 1mhz at a time and such like, seems i found the sweet spot thou, setting the ram to 333mhz, but running on a multi of 10.5, higher fsb = higher ram, still a bit of life left in the ram however.. seems to go to 250mhz stable but i cant sqeeze any more out of the fsb / cpu (still trying to figure out which) oh, and this is stable :) as far as booting into windows in concernd i can get around 2940mhz with ram at 227mhz iirc, wont supierpi thou i get "exact roundering errors" lol :o

anyway, enough waffle screenie..

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/frances.hewitt1/Athlon_3700_Overclock2.PNG

Soldato
allllec said:
AFTER LOADS of tweeking, this seems to be the best i can get outa this system, will give it another go at some point - been a very long test of changing fsb by 1mhz at a time and such like, seems i found the sweet spot thou, setting the ram to 333mhz, but running on a multi of 10.5, higher fsb = higher ram, still a bit of life left in the ram however.. seems to go to 250mhz stable but i cant sqeeze any more out of the fsb / cpu (still trying to figure out which) oh, and this is stable :) as far as booting into windows in concernd i can get around 2940mhz with ram at 227mhz iirc, wont supierpi thou i get "exact roundering errors" lol :o

anyway, enough waffle screenie..

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/frances.hewitt1/Athlon_3700_Overclock2.PNG

Knocking the RAM to 333 ( 166FSB ) is what you should have done really anyway in the first place... Try knocking it down a bit more...

I use 4 sticks and in all my Mobos that I do use 4 sticks, it defaults to 333 anyway... Sort of silly when some of the Mobos use XMS4400 but there you go.

You are currently ( according to CPUZ ) running your RAM @ 220 so taking it to 166 wil knock the RAM back down again... This wont make much difference at all. Your RAM timings are very tight it seems so thats got to be sweet... What RAM is it though?

Soldato
FatRakoon said:
Knocking the RAM to 333 ( 166FSB ) is what you should have done really anyway in the first place... Try knocking it down a bit more...

I use 4 sticks and in all my Mobos that I do use 4 sticks, it defaults to 333 anyway... Sort of silly when some of the Mobos use XMS4400 but there you go.

You are currently ( according to CPUZ ) running your RAM @ 220 so taking it to 166 wil knock the RAM back down again... This wont make much difference at all. Your RAM timings are very tight it seems so thats got to be sweet... What RAM is it though?

i've hit the cpu/fsb celling anyway so theres no point in knocking the ram down any further, infact it still has 25mhz left in it (tops out 250mhz). the ram is infact geil VALUE pc3200 (3-3-3-6) its currently @ 1T. seems to be the max oc for this system, everything is near the top clocks and stuff. does the job :)

Soldato
Its s good start and will be removing the IHS later & add a 120 rad to the water cooling over the weekend and use AS5 on the water block this time.
stepping CCBBE 0613RPMW

Last edited:
Associate
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=165040

XP-1700, 2699Mhz, 1.9v (BIOS) AIR cooled.

Run completed by FatRakoon & InSanCen.

EDIT:- Some more details
AXP-1700 JIUHB DLT3C 0308
NF7-S rev 2.0, 1x512 BH5, this chip is Neologan's old one, better, on air, lol... took a while to get though.

Delta 190CFM, YS-Tech 125CFM, Shrouded, Swiftech NB heatsink
We will be running a better 0308 through this setup soon.

Piccies to follow, it's 5AM, and I'm tired.

Last edited:
Soldato
allllec said:
i've hit the cpu/fsb celling anyway so theres no point in knocking the ram down any further, infact it still has 25mhz left in it (tops out 250mhz). the ram is infact geil VALUE pc3200 (3-3-3-6) its currently @ 1T. seems to be the max oc for this system, everything is near the top clocks and stuff. does the job :)

Hmmm... I thought that with My Opteron.... I just could not get it past 2.48FSB, and that was a 275FSB, and yet the RAM was capable of 300on the NEO???

I slackened off the RAM timings ( a lot ) and upped the CPU to 1.8v ( Risky ) and it stepped over the limit and went beyond. I have acheived a max of 2.8 ( very unstable ) withthat system... In the DFI I think? Its rock steady right now though at this 2.48 but in my old Neo2.

To InsanCen:-

I have found the rest of the pipe... It was on the RAD that was at the top of the stairs??? ( Blind! ) and I have used the other CPU now, not yet on W/C - its on the SK/YSTech80 and I never reset the BIOS or anything ( I just forgot ) and its still booting just fine at 2.6.

I ran a few tests and it did them perfectly... 3DMark 2001 and 03 as well as SuperPI 1MM & 8MB and those too went well.

Shall I leave it alone for next time, or... ?

PS Snow predicted for tomorrow night!

PPS ROFL

Underboss
Mikebert4 said:
If we didn't blow up PC's for fun how could we call ourselves overclockers?

The RAM was nicely duff though... luckily I had some more XMS TwinX Pro goodness waiting to be e-bayed so I crammed that in there....

anyways... I managed to get it all up and playing ball... and got this suicide screenie for the joy of all... this is all still on my Freezer 64 Pro.. though with a fan added to pull cooler air from elsewhere in the case :D

holyfuck3gig9zv.jpg

Muhahaha.

One day I might test it at that... but seeing as I have exams comming, I think i'll have to knock back to 24/7 for a while :(

Thats impressive!

How did your exams go?

Im trying to o/c my A64 3000+ Venice, cant seem to go above 1980 (220x9)
ive had the FSB upto 280 though

Associate
would appreciate being added :)
this is my second rig, first one in bits at mo hehe
voltge was 1.75 (cpu-z doesn't read my voltage correctly for some reason)
using a modified Tt bigwater 745 (only using the 120 rad, diff pump/res)
about stable enough to save the file ;)
clickable

3.234GHz

Associate
phill9800 said:
My lasted E6600 overclock, on air, standard retail cooler too:

That's with a newer bios so the CPU is actually selected to be a 1333 rather than a 1066.. I think the memory divider isnt showing up right, but its working fine :) I think it should be 5:4 (its running DDR 800 speeds)..

Stock cooler can let you boot the machine, but if you run prime95 or SP2004, it will crash within 10 mins because the normal cooler cant handle the heat.

Back
Top Bottom