Only MAJOR overclockers need apply - survey!

Soldato
Booner! said:
That bad?? crikey, whats the best ram to buy on a budget, already spent £1000,

Probably the Geil 6400 is a good bet.

However, try Crucial 5300 Aniversay stuff if theres any left?

It may only be 266, but it clocks like hell apparently ( Deliberately ) and people are gettign ridiculous clocks out of the stuff.

Oh, those temps are a bit high.

Make sure your Case is a good'un... Too many people use poor cases that have poor Airflow and as a result have systems that are hotter then they need to be.

Associate
My lasted E6600 overclock, on air, standard retail cooler too:

That's with a newer bios so the CPU is actually selected to be a 1333 rather than a 1066.. I think the memory divider isnt showing up right, but its working fine :) I think it should be 5:4 (its running DDR 800 speeds)..

Soldato
FatRakoon said:
Probably the Geil 6400 is a good bet.

However, try Crucial 5300 Aniversay stuff if theres any left?

It may only be 266, but it clocks like hell apparently ( Deliberately ) and people are gettign ridiculous clocks out of the stuff.

Oh, those temps are a bit high.

Make sure your Case is a good'un... Too many people use poor cases that have poor Airflow and as a result have systems that are hotter then they need to be.

Got an Antec P nine hundred with ACE cable tidying and about 5 120mm fans and a 20cm top fan. Maybe i should reapply thermal paste to the CPU. I used the stock artic cooler 7 preattached stuff, I have got some artic silver left over if i need to reapply.

Associate
wow up to 3.6ghz amazing, how does it feel to get such a huge perfomance difference in games,with FPS and suff,did it improve a lot ? And what are your temperatures strugling @ ? couse mine temps @stock 2.4ghz are 55 idle 60full load, with my silverstone TJ06 case ,in which i got 2x120mm fan with wind tunnel and 2x80mm fans ! :/

Associate
vairo said:
wow up to 3.6ghz amazing, how does it feel to get such a huge perfomance difference in games,with FPS and suff,did it improve a lot ? And what are your temperatures strugling @ ? couse mine temps @stock 2.4ghz are 55 idle 60full load, with my silverstone TJ06 case ,in which i got 2x120mm fan with wind tunnel and 2x80mm fans ! :/

I was running the Intel retails heatsink and that was all that was holding me back to be honest.. I'm just about to order a Zalman 9700 heatsink because I like the way they cool and they are incredibal when it comes to it :)

On my AM2 rig the Zalman 9500 model knocked my temps down an amazing 18C on a full load at 11x250 (2.75Ghz) @ 1.55vcore and I was very impressed. I am using a Coolermaster Stacker 810 case and I would really recommend it to anyone, it is fantastic :D I'm shortly ordering the 830 model for the mentioned rig so, I should be able to get the temps down even further..

Sadly I was flashing my bios and the damn thing crashed, so I've had to RMA the board. I really do believe the CPU had a lot more to give me as well, especially with that better heatsink.
I hope I get the same CPU back and the board was great for overclocking.. Worked really well and was stable as hell. Just not flashing anything further through Windows!! But then I should have said to myself, its working, dont need to flash it!! :lol: :rolleyes:

The standard 3D Mark 01SE went from about 40,000 to the amount you see in the picture, 51,500 or something? That was just a PURE CPU overclock, nothing else. I hadnt finished testing so I basically (hope) to have the same monstor back and see if I can even manage to break the 4Ghz barrier :D Even if its only a screen shot ;)

Soldato
allllec said:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/frances.hewitt1/Athlon_3700_Overclock.PNG

2.9ghz on a athlon 3700+ not great, but not bad either, knocked like 10seconds of my superpi 1m time, could take of even more i imagine if i tryed to tighten up the ram (its very loose atm, also only @ 170mhz)
Those chips do 2.9-3.0ish GHz so I'd say it's a good clock. Now work on those ram timings! I reckon you'll probably get below 30s with some fiddling.

Soldato
phill9800 said:

That's with a newer bios so the CPU is actually selected to be a 1333 rather than a 1066.. I think the memory divider isnt showing up right, but its working fine :) I think it should be 5:4 (its running DDR 800 speeds)..

what mobo you using?

Associate
Here's mine, not major by a lot of the standards shown here, but it is Prime stable.

270x11.jpg

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=156639

Associate
IceShock said:
what mobo you using?

I'm using a Abit AW9D-Max.. I've just had to RMA the board as the bios chip crashed whilst I was updating it so, oops....

Its managing 3.6Ghz at 1.5vcore (but its over volting it..) but the temps wherent so great with the retail cooler. Hopefully the Zalman 9700 cooler will help :D

Soldato
you notice that too!?!?!, i can orthos overnight.. but CSS will have none of it - CTD anywhere from 30seconds to - hours and hours of game play

CSS > All Stress Testers lol

Associate
Thought id just add my 2cents while im in here

This is my old xp-m2500 on a abit nf2 did 2.9 with 1.92v but too hot, only on air cooling with slk-800 copper hs at 2.7 here with 1.85v real 1.81v

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom