*** OPPO Find X5 Pro ***

Soldato
This phone seems pretty impressive

Snapdragon 8 Gen 1
12GB RAM and 256GB of storage, in just the one variant - at least for Europe.

The display is a 6.7in, WQHD+ AMOLED display using LTPO 2.0 tech for a variable refresh rate from 1-120Hz. .

On battery, expect a 5000mAh cell with 80W SuperVOOC wired charging and 50W AirVOOC wireless. It also supports the wired PPS standard at 30W, and the wireless EPP standard at 15W.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
This is them admiting the phone is overpriced :D
Oh yea definitely. Still at least these gifts are useful, unlike the Samsung pre order gifts.

Now really tempted to get this instead of the GT 2 Pro. This was always my first choice but the price was putting me off. Hmmm.

Soldato
I'll be upgrading my Oppo Find X2 pro to this. First phone I've ever kept for basically 2 years and my first Oppo. Wife was so impressed with the camera she got one herself also, can't wait for this.

Soldato
I'll be upgrading my Oppo Find X2 pro to this. First phone I've ever kept for basically 2 years and my first Oppo. Wife was so impressed with the camera she got one herself also, can't wait for this.

After watching this the camera has left me underwhelmed. The cameras on the S22U is a clear winner for me.

Associate
I remember when I bought the oppo x3 pro. It also has very impressive specs, but the lack of updates was a real issue. Hoping they have improved on that front.

Soldato
I remember when I bought the oppo x3 pro. It also has very impressive specs, but the lack of updates was a real issue. Hoping they have improved on that front.

The Android 12 update has been very poor. I'm using a Find X2 Pro which was supposed to get Android 12 in December and most users still haven't got it.

Soldato
The Android 12 update has been very poor. I'm using a Find X2 Pro which was supposed to get Android 12 in December and most users still haven't got it.

Same as OnePlus.

Though I have to give it to OP. I've had the op9p since launch and it been rock solid in terms of speed and reliability. And the Cameras have also been on whole very good.

For me regular updates don't necessarily mean a better phone. It's a balance of quality and quantity...

I'm going to pass on the X5. The camera seems hit and miss. Sometimes very over saturated and the video cam not so great, shakey and rough round the edges.

Out of all the phones out now my money would go on the Pixel 6 Pro even with its bugs. I'll be giving that another go, as long as the reception is good.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Went into Currys yesterday just to play with the X5 Pro and omg the screen... absolute heaven. Minimal curves as well, which I really like. Thought it might be too big but it's not, very easy to hold and comfortable. The back is a very smooth fingerprint magnet. It was in demo mode but everything seemed very snappy, as it should be. Read a few more reviews and they are all very very positive, including the camera.

From it's £1049 starting price, minus 8% discount, selling the watch and buds for around £160 total, works out as £800. No trade in option for my OP 8T but can sell it for £250 so that's £550 total spend to upgrade. Also saving at least £50+ with the free case, charger and wireless charger so really about £500 cost for the phone. Guess I'm trying to justify it to myself :D Will think about it over the next couple of days, very very tempted.

Soldato
Went into Currys yesterday just to play with the X5 Pro and omg the screen... absolute heaven. Minimal curves as well, which I really like. Thought it might be too big but it's not, very easy to hold and comfortable. The back is a very smooth fingerprint magnet. It was in demo mode but everything seemed very snappy, as it should be. Read a few more reviews and they are all very very positive, including the camera.

From it's £1049 starting price, minus 8% discount, selling the watch and buds for around £160 total, works out as £800. No trade in option for my OP 8T but can sell it for £250 so that's £550 total spend to upgrade. Also saving at least £50+ with the free case, charger and wireless charger so really about £500 cost for the phone. Guess I'm trying to justify it to myself :D Will think about it over the next couple of days, very very tempted.

Good stuff.

What's your priorities in a new phone. I remember proper fast charging was one of them.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Good stuff.

What's your priorities in a new phone. I remember proper fast charging was one of them.
Yep super fast charging is #1 priority and good battery life. Decent main camera and night mode, no interest in zoom. Also good gaming performance.

You posted a video earlier regarding the camera which left you underwhelmed.. I just watched the video below and well.. its the opposite of that video lol... X5 Pro definitely wins the low light battle here.

Got another few days to think about it, but very close to buying it.

Back
Top Bottom