Origin Access Comes to PC

Soldato
If anyone is paying monthly for OA and expects to carry on for at least 5 months I would strongly advise un-subbing and re-subbing at the annual rate of £19.99. (Monthly will cost £47.88 a year)

Soldato
Hoping for a sale on BF1 premium pass at some point and then I'll buy it.

If anyone is paying monthly for OA and expects to carry on for at least 5 months I would strongly advise un-subbing and re-subbing at the annual rate of £19.99. (Monthly will cost £47.88 a year)

When I first mentioned about trying Origin Access to my brother, he though the price for the year was a joke. The difference between monthly and yearly is pretty huge. How long can they keep the price low for? I feel like one day they will just hit us with a price increase.

I know EA seem to have a lot stick but the value in what they provide is some of the best I've seen.

Soldato
Origin access is great. Paid 25 euros and already finished Mirrors Edge 2, Unravel, Titanfall 2, BF Hardline and now gonna play BF1.

Soldato
Thats pretty good price hrmm...

Fifa17
BF1
Titanfall 2
Mirrors edge 2
Mass Effect 3
Crysis 3
Dragon Age Inquisition
The Banner Saga
Mass Effect 2 (didnt finish it on ps3)
Beholder

After looking i would probably play/interested in these ones on the list and for £19.99 thats pretty good ?

Added to this its safe to assume that over the course of the year other titles would be added to Origin Access e.g. Mass Effect Andromeda?? Fifa 18 ? etc?

sooo its all that

OR

The Witcher 3 GOTY.

both can get for the same price.

Soldato
I guess another thing to ask yourself is, do you game hop? or do you play one game through, regardless of the length of game?

I game hop more than I'd like to admit, so if I was in your situation, it'd make more sense to have a wider range of games instead of just one.

Associate
Thanks for the heads up guys. I don't buy many games a year but for £20 I have a massive library now.

Also thanks to Seagate for repairing my 2TB hybrid drive in 3 days. It is being filled up now!!

Soldato
I guess another thing to ask yourself is, do you game hop? or do you play one game through, regardless of the length of game?

I game hop more than I'd like to admit, so if I was in your situation, it'd make more sense to have a wider range of games instead of just one.

i game hop all the time and have games i've bought i havent tried yet(her story, life is strange, spec ops the line) . The problem as well is i will probably have to uninstall something so i can install Witcher 3. Either MGS5 or Deus Ex MD both are huge installs. I have got some great games i havent finished yet (rage nearly finished v good game at £1.87) Divinity OS, South Park SOT, Splinter cell blacklist, fallout new vegas(modded), and dark souls 3.

im about halfway through all of those lol. I like to have 1 or 2 games of each genre.

And even when ive bought the game my next dilemma is whether to play on the monitor or on the projector.....i will get a slightly sharper and more beautiful image on the monitor 1440p upscaled than i will on the projector. Damn decisions.

Soldato
So I received one of them survey emails asking me about Origin Access. We haven't actually had any new games for a good while now and I wonder if they are planning to change it, hopefully to add more.

Some interesting things asked, like adding DLC for games, accessing betas, better discounts in store. I don't think we had anything asked regarding price so hopefully that doesn't increase.

Anyone else had theirs?

Soldato
they added allot of the batman games recently

Good eye. They must have added them fairly recently as I swear it was only last week or so when I checked. Haven't played the lego game but have completed the others already.

If they do add some more DLC, here's hoping for more for Sims 4!

Also they have a 7 day free trial for anyone interested! Get it now as these don't stick around.

Soldato
Good eye. They must have added them fairly recently as I swear it was only last week or so when I checked. Haven't played the lego game but have completed the others already.

If they do add some more DLC, here's hoping for more for Sims 4!

Also they have a 7 day free trial for anyone interested! Get it now as these don't stick around.

Hmm 7 day free trial while BF1 is running premium trials. That would explain the blatant hacker the other night.

Soldato
Looks like more new games have come our way, Out of the Park Baseball 19, The Witness and Wasteland 2.

I'm fairly happy with this as I've always looked at wanting to play The Witness.

Hopefully this is a sign of things to come.

Back
Top Bottom