**** Original Starcraft 2 Thread ****

Associate
is it terrible that i still click on the map to shift camera views for my larva injects? :p

Generally works fine for me until i'm on about 5 bases and microing the hell out of harassment units (read: mutas)..then i just dont have time to larva inject perfectly any more :(

What's with these guys and their fish memory? :p

In my finest moments I've caught myself moving the camera by edge scrolling. ^^

I don't think injection is so important when on 5 bases and 200 army unless you are behind on upgrades or are losing units left right and centre through poor engagements (why oh why did I let that army fight when I knew the outcome????).

Soldato
What's with these guys and their fish memory? :p

In my finest moments I've caught myself moving the camera by edge scrolling. ^^

I don't think injection is so important when on 5 bases and 200 army unless you are behind on upgrades or are losing units left right and centre through poor engagements (why oh why did I let that army fight when I knew the outcome????).

Hehe. Yea, i guess. If you have 50-60 larva saved up ready for your big double remax which annihilates your opponent then injects arent the most important thing in the world. But it's probably worth having that extra efficiency instinctively happening throughout the game rather than just for the first 15 minutes or so..

Meh, will play around with it i guess :p

Associate
does anyone watch drewbie's stream? If not I recommend it. He's just stopped now, after an epic TvZ where he did 5 drops at the same time lol. Yesterday he wrote LOL with barracks.

Associate
does anyone watch drewbie's stream? If not I recommend it. He's just stopped now, after an epic TvZ where he did 5 drops at the same time lol. Yesterday he wrote LOL with barracks.

I watched him all the time last year, but he stopped streaming for at least half a year which sucked, since he's more entertaining to watch than others imo.

There was a game where he was against his housemate MSI TT1 (Protoss) and Drewbie was getting his ass handed to him - he paused the game, "sec pls", ran into TT1's room and unplugged his computer giving the game to Drewbie :D Such a great sport.

Associate
I watched him all the time last year, but he stopped streaming for at least half a year which sucked, since he's more entertaining to watch than others imo.

There was a game where he was against his housemate MSI TT1 (Protoss) and Drewbie was getting his ass handed to him - he paused the game, "sec pls", ran into TT1's room and unplugged his computer giving the game to Drewbie :D Such a great sport.

lol i love drewbie :). He seems to stream nearly every day these days, which is great.

Can anyone recommend a beginners guide to this game as I have no clue about setting up macros etc

Well there aren't really any macros which will help you much in SC2. Also Blizzard says that if you map more than one action to a single keystroke you are breaking the terms of use and could be banned. For a beginners guide, see here http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Day9_Daily the beginner level videos are great for teaching you the basics. In fact, to start off with just play the campaign and challenges, then move on to watching Day9 and playing some practice league until you're confident enough to start laddering proper

Associate
TvP is an utter joke atm. As Terran you have 2 choices...

1) go for a macro game. Outplay the opponent. Have double-triple their APM during battles. Auto-lose to an a-moving toss army. (example replay: http://drop.sc/139159)

2) cheese the **** out of them with a 111 all-in and autowin. (http://drop.sc/139160)

Both replays are me playing as Bawjaws. The first was on ladder against a low diamond opponent, IMO a much inferior player to myself. The second replay is a custom game against a rank 4 master protoss, obviously a much better player than me. Seems to me that these two replays sum up quite nicely the dire state of TvP and the reason why everyone hates it so much.

Permabanned

1) go for a macro game. Outplay the opponent. Have double-triple their APM during battles. Auto-lose to an a-moving toss army. (example replay: http://drop.sc/139159)

2) cheese the **** out of them with a 111 all-in and autowin. (http://drop.sc/139160)

Both replays are me playing as Bawjaws. The first was on ladder against a low diamond opponent, IMO a much inferior player to myself. The second replay is a custom game against a rank 4 master protoss, obviously a much better player than me. Seems to me that these two replays sum up quite nicely the dire state of TvP and the reason why everyone hates it so much.

I said that earlier in the thread. It's a ****ing joke.

Soldato
Man, I would really love to get back into SC2. I started as a complete noob and was just starting to get the hang of it when the missus popped out our first Zergling :) I can't imagine I'll ever be able to play multiplayer games again - need to be able to pause on a regular basis now and just don't have the time to practice for something as intense as SC2 anyway.

And, yes, it was worth it ;)

Associate

I guess it came down to eating those psi storms... he had 5 high energy HT and your army was completely stacked on top of itself... marines maurauders and medivacs all sitting together in a ball of psi. Just as his army died so fast and easily when you EMPed it all, your army all died when you sat in the psi storms... and you had no ghost energy left to stop them. 1 or 2 EMPs would have won you the game easily.

Another thing, his main was not protected at all from drops for ages. You also sat at 50 harvesters for a long time while he continued up to 70... you sacrificed economy for army and didn't recover the difference whereas he had plenty of money to warp in enough zealots to tank as his HT killed everything.

As for the second game, you 1 base all ined and he didn't even scout... he then messed up FFs and had nothing to counter the marines... Not really suprising you won

Last edited:
Associate
DRG,MC,MKP or Polt will win this.

It's not going to be interesting till atleast the semi-finals.

I suspect that this is correct but it's kind of like saying "Djokovic, Nadal or Federer will win Wimbledon this year"... Of course the best players are the most likely to win.

Even so, I still think it will be interesting before the semi-finals - there's a lot of very good players who are capable of taking down these four... TheStC, FXOz, Parting, Naniwa, Ganzi, Huk... I'd be very suprised if the four you mentioned didn't lose a set to other players

Associate
BUMP... just to say this is the best game ever. I play it more now that when it first came out, can't say that for any other game.

Quoted for truth. I played it a lot when I bought it (maybe 2 months after release) and continued to do so for about 8 months, during which I mainly played team games but made it to platinum 1v1. Then I drifted away to other things and only came back to the game properly a couple of weeks ago. It's surprised me how much faster I improve just by playing 1v1s instead of team games. I'm now high diamond, pushing masters, when 3 weeks ago I was platinum and hadn't played for months before that. I'm enjoying the game now more than ever, since I'm better at it and I've got the basic mechanics down. It's much more fun when you don't have to spend all your energy just doing macro, and you can start to think about the game at a higher level (what's the opponent doing? when and where will he be weak to a push? etc). Most games get less rewarding/enjoyable the more you play them... starcraft 2 is the opposite :)

MLG's been good so far. DRG honestly makes zerg look OP, he's such an amazing player. My money'd be on him to win.

Caporegime
I suspect that this is correct but it's kind of like saying "Djokovic, Nadal or Federer will win Wimbledon this year"... Of course the best players are the most likely to win.

Even so, I still think it will be interesting before the semi-finals - there's a lot of very good players who are capable of taking down these four... TheStC, FXOz, Parting, Naniwa, Ganzi, Huk... I'd be very suprised if the four you mentioned didn't lose a set to other players

DRG,MC,MKP or Polt will win this.

It's not going to be interesting till atleast the semi-finals.

Neither of you mentioning Stephano :eek:

EDIT: Also you're wrong about it not being interesting until the finals rofl

Back
Top Bottom