**** Original Starcraft 2 Thread ****

Permabanned
I'd be surprised if you got into Gold without basic hotkeys XD

But yes, hotkeys are needed for macro. If you use your mouse then your army control will be horrid.

Soldato
Two of the main things that annoy me in Starcraft is getting paired with a player who is rubbish - I'm only bronze 10 but a few minutes ago I had a game where I had 3 zealots, 2 stalkers and we were attacked by zerglings. My zerg teammate didnt even have 1 zergling? I fended off the lings but then protoss team mate came in and finished me off

2nd annoying thing is cannon rush next to your base. If this is not spotted, is there any way to counter it?

Permabanned
Two of the main things that annoy me in Starcraft is getting paired with a player who is rubbish - I'm only bronze 10 but a few minutes ago I had a game where I had 3 zealots, 2 stalkers and we were attacked by zerglings. My zerg teammate didnt even have 1 zergling? I fended off the lings but then protoss team mate came in and finished me off

2nd annoying thing is cannon rush next to your base. If this is not spotted, is there any way to counter it?

3/4 workers will kill a pylon/cannon before it completes.

If it's not spotted you can try to get out siege tanks/roaches/stalkers to deal with it.

Soldato
Thanks.

This is genius (also how the red Protoss says 'fail' is pretty funny)

I now see the importance of always sending out a scout all the time early on

Permabanned
I find I loose to a lot of cheese, 6 pool and proxy 2 gate is the worst but I am getting better :)

6pool as a Protoss is a nuisance but you can easily have your probes deal with a 6pool. Just make sure to chrono the Zealot to block the ramp and not have it come to help.

Proxy 2 gate/rax are hard to deal with. Most come when you've only got 1 production facility and a lot of people over react and pull all there workers and then don't have any income to use their rax/gate so they die when they shouldn't.

Soldato
Went mech for the first time in like a year in tvt, didnt go so well, the other guy decided to go marine and tanks, he ended up having pure tanks in the middle and vikings, slowly pushing forward to kill me, so while he was doing that I was building 12 starports with tech labs and built around 20 battlecruisers and just a moved through his tanks, was so good :D ended up winning because all he had was 7 vikings and the rest of supply on tanks.

ebZpw.jpg

Soldato
It depends on the matchup on when you send your scout against Protoss.

TvP i'd say it's not too crucial when you send your scout seeing as you won't get in there at the point a 4gate goes down. I met my first in ages last night and I just pulled workers, Dealt with it then basically expanded again (So a 1rax double expand) and laughed at how he tried to play a normal game being 2 bases down and not being able to do any damage to me.

ZvP you have to find out if he's going for a FFE,Gateway expand or if he's not FE'ing.

PvP is the same as TvP for what you need to know.

The ultimate way to beat a cannon rush:

Terrans can easily beat cannon rushes by lifting all their buildings. Just make sure they've invested enough money into cannons to make up for the mining time lost from you relocating.

Permabanned
Haha it's funny cos me and my friend actually was talking about MaximusBlack last night when I said it was weird there were no pro Black SC2 gamers.

I don't agree with lifting off. If you can't deal with it where you are then you're dead.

Especially if the cannons start off at the ramp you're going to lose a good number of SCVs (If it's not a OC yet you can save like 5 which is pointless.)

You're basically pushed back beyond the starting point of the game while he can chrono workers and do some cheesy 2/3 gate mass zealots and just win.

Soldato
I don't agree with lifting off. If you can't deal with it where you are then you're dead.

Especially if the cannons start off at the ramp you're going to lose a good number of SCVs (If it's not a OC yet you can save like 5 which is pointless.)

You're basically pushed back beyond the starting point of the game while he can chrono workers and do some cheesy 2/3 gate mass zealots and just win.

It depends. Yeah, you'll lose some SCVs, though if you have the OC then you can just use OP mules to get back into the game. Surely all you have to do is keep mining, build up a nice stockpile in the bank, and then even with the time you aren't mining/are rebuilding your SCVs, you can easily get ahead of him because he's spent all his minerals on cannons. Your loss should be less than his overall.

That said, I only play P, so that's all theory in my head. Makes sense, but I don't cannon rush so won't be finding out any time soon! :3

Back
Top Bottom