Other shooting in America

So you'd thrive with loads of money and a job.

I see.

Lol

America has a huge gun problem. Ignoring statistics you don’t like and misinterpreting others won’t change anything.

Just search home defence in US and you have people swearing by their pistols and shotguns. They either don’t realise they no longer live in the Wild West (not as wild as Hollywood makes out) or they seem unaware that they live in a county where perceived law and order is more akin to some hell-hole third world war zone.

The fact is the NRA spend millions upon millions of dollars on politicians to ensure nothing is done. I wouldn’t want people to suddenly have to hand over their guns but it is clear their laws and attitudes are an issue.

Caporegime
Just search home defence in US and you have people swearing by their pistols and shotguns.

well they do live in a country where firearms are easily available and home invasions by armed burglars aren't exactly unheard of

granted a firearm in the house is more likely to kill a member of the family than a burglar, though I guess any US firearm owner who takes some basic steps to securely store said firearm perhaps reduces that risk significantly

Don
Does anyone know what the guy and son do, even $50k each is quite a sum yet they both paid asap. Do Americans generally have a lot more savings than us.
With bonds, you don't pay the full amount, usually a tiny fraction of that. Normally, it's around 10%, these are done through Bail Bond Insurance companies. This gets forfeited if they don't turn up at court and the outstanding amount is then owed - which is where bounty hunters come in.

Commissario
well they do live in a country where firearms are easily available and home invasions by armed burglars aren't exactly unheard of

granted a firearm in the house is more likely to kill a member of the family than a burglar, though I guess any US firearm owner who takes some basic steps to securely store said firearm perhaps reduces that risk significantly
You would guess very wrong, many of the most vehement supporters of gun ownership are very much against the idea of securing them at home as apparently not leaving your gun loaded under your pillow or on the bedside table where anyone can get hold of it is bad because it'll mean the bogie man sorry I mean son/daughter arriving home late burglar will eat your soul automatically be able to get to you and gut you like a fish because you know, that few seconds it takes to get the gun out when you hear the front door opening is going to make a massive difference..

It's worth noting that a number of so called "experienced" gun owners, including the likes of NRA spokesidiots have been involved in accidental shootings or even getting shot by their toddlers because they've left their guns where their very young children, who mommy and daddy are so proud of because at 5 years old they've been being taught to use guns, has turned out to be shooting their parents at an 8th grade level, or the pillocks who deliberately chose holsters that are known to have issues with catching on triggers when the gun is pulled because they can "respond faster to a threat" with the holster that risks an accidental discharge every time you use it.

the thing is, I can understand why in a society as messed up as America, and in areas with dangerous widlife you might need/want a gun for protection, but to me one of the most important things about anything I'm using for protection is that it should protect myself (and others), and steps taken to make sure I and my loved ones are not at more risk of the item of "protection" hurting us than the threat it's meant to protect against.

Caporegime
You would guess very wrong, many of the most vehement supporters of gun ownership are very much against the idea of securing them at home as apparently not leaving your gun loaded under your pillow or on the bedside table where anyone can get hold of it is bad because it'll mean the bogie man sorry I mean son/daughter arriving home late burglar will eat your soul automatically be able to get to you and gut you like a fish because you know, that few seconds it takes to get the gun out when you hear the front door opening is going to make a massive difference..

It's worth noting that a number of so called "experienced" gun owners, including the likes of NRA spokesidiots have been involved in accidental shootings or even getting shot by their toddlers because they've left their guns where their very young children, who mommy and daddy are so proud of because at 5 years old they've been being taught to use guns, has turned out to be shooting their parents at an 8th grade level, or the pillocks who deliberately chose holsters that are known to have issues with catching on triggers when the gun is pulled because they can "respond faster to a threat" with the holster that risks an accidental discharge every time you use it.

I think you might want to re-read what I posted:

"granted a firearm in the house is more likely to kill a member of the family than a burglar, though I guess any US firearm owner who takes some basic steps to securely store said firearm perhaps reduces that risk significantly"

consider what you just posted - most people not wanting to secure their firearms, now IF you do take some steps to store the firearms securely do you think the risk of them being used to kill a family member gets reduced or not?

I'd suggest that having them locked away reduces the risk of the kids getting shot accidentally etc..

Caporegime

They can't though as it completely undermines thier justification for having a firearm.

UK/Switzerland where there's firearms legal for recreational use/national defence respectively require you to secure your fire arm. As neither situation requires you to have your weapon ready in split seconds.

The USA people have justified thier ownership as "defence" hence the weapon must be loaded and ready at all times within easy reach.

If a few thousand kids die in accidents its simply collateral damage

Caporegime
Well they can, they just mostly choose not to - thus you get the higher chance of a firearm killing a member of the family.

Caporegime
Well they can, they just mostly choose not to - thus you get the higher chance of a firearm killing a member of the family.

Well they chose not to because a secured fire arm is useless for thier paranoid delusions.

Your justification was armed home invasions those are violent and fast so your basic security guy never gets his gun

Caporegime
Well they chose not to because a secured fire arm is useless for thier paranoid delusions.

Your justification was armed home invasions those are violent and fast so your basic security guy never gets his gun

Not necessarily.

I mean if you're paranoid about some people breaking in and getting upstairs in a split second you could install a more robust front door, or a security gate etc...

The point was that guns in the US tend to be more likely to kill a member of the household and that risk could be reduced by securing them properly.

Caporegime
probably most aren't so focused on sensible things like that - that was kind of the point in highlighting that guns are more likely to kill a member of the household, they've generally got a rather lax attitude towards firearms safety

Soldato
They could have a security measure where you have to pair the ar-15s or whatever to yourself via bluetooth and a watch or bracelet. And it doesn't work if it's not connected. Then only the authorised person can fire it, and small children won't be able to accidentally shoot.

Back
Top Bottom