** OUR SECOND 8 PACK APPROVED OC BUNDLE: OVERCLOCKED, DISCOUNTED, ELITE TIER VERY FAST!! **

Soldato
Had my bundle running since i got it with no problems, happily running at 4.3ghz.

There really is only a handful of people having problems that are having problems and for the amount that they have sold its a small %. (they sold more than the initial limit.)

Seeing that 8pack is now going to personally sort it out for you is great service, i have dealt with rma on faulty components from other places and trust me it does not go that smoothly.

If your really not happy about the bundle then just take the refund. But i doubt you can get anything equivalent for what you paid. So just sell the mobo/ram when you get it back and get a different mobo/ram combo.

But three of us have had issues from the 60 sold on black Friday.

Had replacement still had THE SAME issues as others, clearly there's a link. Bought new psu ram ssd and got. I've just sent of the cpu to Intel for rma just in case.... I'm now gonna be on my third motherboard and ram..

Associate
its been playing on my mind to send mines back again with the cold start up issue starting to play up again and my original problem never being fixed ie it wont boot on stock settings it has to be overclocked to boot

MGP

MGP

Soldato
I get the occasional refusal of the PC to boot up from start, where I get the Gigabyte boot logo and then not a lot more. Inevitably this is a conflict from something plugged into a USB port - Joystick, wireless sound dongle, whatever. Unplug, restart and it boots properly. Not narrowed it down yet if there is some setting i need to change for USB somewhere, or if perhaps it's a Windows 10 issue that causes that hang.

I do run all at stock settings. Indeed I've never tried the overclock, that there are some 12 CPU threads available is more than enough without the added energy use from overclocking. I'll try it one day, when it's a bit longer in the tooth, but when the PC is at 100% CPU load for the OcUK Distributed Computing team, energy costs become a factor ;)

Associate
Been following this thread as my GA_X99_UD3P had similar issues , with the cold boot and not booting unless overclocked too, that particular issue I think was fixed for me in Bios F20 or F21a but Gbyte couldn't figure out the other issues so RMA'd the Board however I returned it to the Store as I didn't want to wait for "Testing and Repair and Return" The Store didn't have the U3DP in stock so I paid more and ended up with an Asus X99-A . I am not 100% problem free it seems but after swapping out the Gskill memory too for some Corsair Vengence DDR4, the memory Issues are gone too.

The X99-A has a diagnostic LED read out which has helped pin point some of the other issues including the cold boot issue , so I hope this info helps a few of you too. I have/had two boot issues , a bd code and an B2 code , after some reading online, I think the Cold boot issue is now fixed ... try increasing the SA (System Agent) Voltage when overclocking (also read that the bd is graphics card related) it has worked for me.

The B2 code is "Legacy Option ROM Initialization Error" and for me was USB related , I had to double boot everytime I restarted the PC , so I tried setting the intel XHCI controller to enabled , DONT do that :), locked me out of even the bios until I unplugged everything , but setting it to AUTO instead of Smart Auto has stopped that issue for me too ,apparently it's not too Smart :) .... the GA Tech did ask me if I had any USB storage plugged in , but when I said No he didn't go any further in that direction , so try Auto if you have USB boot issues - worked for me.

Had a new one this morning though -- A2 -- IDE Detection Error -- had to unplug my sata drives and raid 0 array , boot to the bios , shutdown, plug Raid Array etc back in and reboot and all is well again....

not sure if the Gaming 5p had the LED read out but hope this helps someone...

Soldato
^^ sounds like some good advice. I have to turn off my Logitech G29 to boot reliably and my Vive only works 100% when plugged in to a front port which uses the motherboard USB 3.0 header.

I'll try fiddling with some of the 5P USB BIOS options to see what happens.

OcUK Staff
Had my bundle running since i got it with no problems, happily running at 4.3ghz.

There really is only a handful of people having problems that are having problems and for the amount that they have sold its a small %. (they sold more than the initial limit.)

Seeing that 8pack is now going to personally sort it out for you is great service, i have dealt with rma on faulty components from other places and trust me it does not go that smoothly.

If your really not happy about the bundle then just take the refund. But i doubt you can get anything equivalent for what you paid. So just sell the mobo/ram when you get it back and get a different mobo/ram combo.

This is 100% correct. Very small percentage of RMA issues with this bundle. I have two running from day one in the office and both are completely fine.

Associate
Had to RMA my board -found ocuk staff very helpful - much better to deal with than other stores. My system is running at 4.1ghz without problems so far :)

Soldato
I get the occasional refusal of the PC to boot up from start, where I get the Gigabyte boot logo and then not a lot more. Inevitably this is a conflict from something plugged into a USB port - Joystick, wireless sound dongle, whatever. Unplug, restart and it boots properly. Not narrowed it down yet if there is some setting i need to change for USB somewhere, or if perhaps it's a Windows 10 issue that causes that hang.

I do run all at stock settings. Indeed I've never tried the overclock, that there are some 12 CPU threads available is more than enough without the added energy use from overclocking. I'll try it one day, when it's a bit longer in the tooth, but when the PC is at 100% CPU load for the OcUK Distributed Computing team, energy costs become a factor ;)

I have narrowed mine down to my x55 flight stick. If I unplug that my PC boots OK. I can live with it ...... As long as my oculus rift does not cause the same problem.

@8 Pack if the rift also causes my PC to crash (by this i mean fail to boot) will you still be happy to help out or will you claim it is too long to sort out ( I get mine in may end / early June AFAIK)

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
I have already contacted engineering at Gigabyte with regard to the issues u guys are having as I personally other than the cold boot issue can't replicate.

But then again I can't test every possible drive and peripheral combination.

Of course I will support the issue.

In my testing I have had no problems and have two test units for all my bundles running regularly.

MGP

MGP

Soldato
I have narrowed mine down to my x55 flight stick. If I unplug that my PC boots OK. I can live with it ...... As long as my oculus rift does not cause the same problem.

@8 pack if the rift also causes my PC to crash will you still be happy to help out or will you claim it is too long to sort out ( I get mine in may end / early June AFAIK)

Yep it does seem to be the Saitek X55 as my prime suspect too. But it doesn't hang the boot every time, just randomly occasionally, enough to be irritating.

But on the other hand haven't tried leaving that plugged in yet, and disconnecting other stuff that could be causing the X55 to conflict .... But reading the comments generally on Saitek stuff, and having previously had to give up on the X52 on my previous motherboard as that had all sorts of issues with the LED's flickering like a Christmas Tree on speed, Saitek takes pole position as the problem.

Soldato
I've played with the USB options and with the "Legacy USB" option set to disable I appear to have a stable boot with the G29 plugged in now. So that may be worth a try.

This is abetter explanation of the xHCI settings.

"XHCI Mode = Disabled
The on-board USB 3.0 port function like a 2.0 port

XHCI Mode = Enabled
The on-board USB 3.0 port function like a 3.0 port

XHCI Mode = Auto
The on-board USB 3.0 port function like a 2.0 port before OS USB 3.0 driver load.
If you reboot the OS, the on-board USB 3.0 port again function like a 2.0 port during this reboot BIOS phase before OS USB 3.0 driver load.

XHCI Mode = Smart Auto
The on-board USB 3.0 port function like a 2.0 port before OS USB 3.0 driver load.
If you reboot the OS, during this reboot BIOS phase, BIOS is "Smart" enough to avoid downgrade the USB 3.0 port back to 2.0 functionality before OS USB 3.0 driver load. So Smart Auto is faster than Auto on 2nd boot onward, but Enabled is fastest once you are sure the OS has the USB 3.0 driver installed, because it avoid the switching. Making the on-board USB 3.0 port function like a 2.0 port is mainly to support OS installation or to support OS that does not have build-in USB 3.0 driver, so that the USB keyboard would still work if the user plug-in a USB keyboard or any other USB devices into the USB 3.0 ports before the OS is installed with the USB 3.0 driver come with the motherboard."

Associate
Thanks BimbleUK , that explanation makes sense as I only had my Monitor's USB3 hub and a powered USB3 hub connected and was getting the boot issue but switching it to Auto instead of Smart Auto solved it .

It is only USB2 during boot on Auto so that should help with the Joysticks too I'd think , which would be expecting USB2 , haven't got as far as trying mine yet but it is a TM Stick not a Saitek.

Soldato
Thanks BimbleUK , that explanation makes sense as I only had my Monitor's USB3 hub and a powered USB3 hub connected and was getting the boot issue but switching it to Auto instead of Smart Auto solved it .

It is only USB2 during boot on Auto so that should help with the Joysticks too I'd think , which would be expecting USB2 , haven't got as far as trying mine yet but it is a TM Stick not a Saitek.

I'll try xHCI at Auto and disable legacy USB for now as it's been the most stable boot so far.

Soldato
My DK2 works but, as I reported earlier, I had this USB causes boot failure problem so had previously meddled with the BIOS settings before trying the Rift.

Hi

Thanks for the info, yeah my DK2 worked fine as well.... but CV1 is usb 3.0... and my X55 is also plugged into usb3 (it has issues with usb2).

Soldato
I have already contacted engineering at Gigabyte with regard to the issues u guys are having as I personally other than the cold boot issue can't replicate.

But then again I can't test every possible drive and peripheral combination.

Of course I will support the issue.

In my testing I have had no problems and have two test units for all my bundles running regularly.

Thanks mate..... if you have an X55 try plugging that (both the stick and throttle & in my case it is into usb 3...).... If i do that i get cold boot issues at least 1 in 3 times.

Soldato
oo actually i see there are 2 new bios releases since i updated mine

I guess these do not make any difference however.

Would like to thank ocuk, despite repeated issues, after emailing via note online I was issued a replacement for ram and motherboard, I would also like to give a shout out to 8 pack for helping the community.

Back
Top Bottom