** OUR SECOND 8 PACK APPROVED OC BUNDLE: OVERCLOCKED, DISCOUNTED, ELITE TIER VERY FAST!! **

Associate
Would like to thank ocuk, despite repeated issues, after emailing via note online I was issued a replacement for ram and motherboard, I would also like to give a shout out to 8 pack for helping the community.

have you put the pc back together yet? to see if your problem has been fixed? ive had my motherboard replaced two or three times but still have the same problem im just wondering if it could be the ram although mem test says my ram is fine

Soldato
have you put the pc back together yet? to see if your problem has been fixed? ive had my motherboard replaced two or three times but still have the same problem im just wondering if it could be the ram although mem test says my ram is fine

I'll be putting it back together tomorrow when it arrives, it will be my third motherboard I hope it doesn't have any issues. I'll keep you posted though, I have read ram twice (failed me test)

Soldato
Associate
@BigMike there is a link to the file on Dropbox in Giga-Man's post ..(it is underlined)

And I had the same reboot issue with USB I needed to restart/reset the comp at least twice every boot until I switched the Intel xHCI to Auto, not sure if it'll help you though as I can't test the X55.

I think there are two USB 3 Controllers though ( one intel one not ) so I'm not sure if it makes a difference which stuff is hooked too as I haven't tested for that.

OcUK Staff
The above BIOS is an internal build yes. I have not fully tested with my commitments to 8Pack systems and Insomnia Scotland. I did check the OC settings on one of my rigs and the OC is stable with the test BIOS .

Associate
Guys so could we compile a list of peripherals over the next few posts that Gigabyte can test for this issue.

So I guess:
Saitek X55 Flight sticks
Logitech G29

Thanks all.

It's not only Joysticks , for me it is a USB2 hub built into my NEC 23" Monitors. The USB 3 hub and card reader in my Benq Monitor is fine.

Also fine with a TM Hotas X 3 Joystick And Logitech G13 attached

KB

Last edited:
Associate
If Auto instead of Smart Auto doesn't work for you on the xHCI Controller , I found if you enable Fast Boot , you also get the option to Fully or Partially initialise USB , ie mouse and Keyboard only, until the OS is loaded . That option may depend on the Board and Bios though? not sure.

Fastboot also allows you to initialise certain Sata ports or all at Boot , which may help if you have SATA/IDE Probs at Boot too (AE or A2 Boot Errors) like me.

Associate
Guys so could we compile a list of peripherals over the next few posts that Gigabyte can test for this issue.

So I guess:
Saitek X55 Flight sticks
Logitech G29

Thanks all.
Might be just me but;
NZXT Hue+ lighting kit

My PC was running fine but hung when I connected my Hue+ to a USB header on the mobo and tried booting up.
Got the Hue+ working by hot plugging it into the other USB header when my PC was booted up. Fine so far.

Thanks for the bundle btw :)

meh

meh

Associate
It may not only be these giga boards that it does it on. I have a GA-Z77X-UD3H Rev 2.0 that sometimes gets the cold boot bug. X55 Hotas is always plugged in along with a Roccat Kone Pure and a Qpad mk-85.

HTH

Associate
That is correct , not just the GA Gaming 5P , many X99 boards have this issue with the xHCI Controller . My 1st MBoard was a GA X99 UD3P , 2nd a Asus X99-A and that is going back tomorrow , they are swapping it for a Asus X99-A/USB3.1 , so hopefully the newer revision Board has some of these issues sorted.

Soldato
With the Custom Bios provided by Giga man, and my third motherboard replacement from OCUK my setup is finally stable :), But it's to early to jump to conclusions.

Soldato
Just checked http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5281&kw=gaming 5p#bios and seen there have been two further bios updates since the 22c provided by giga-man.

I'm still on f21a, but having used the "stage 1" guaranteed overclock setup for a while, suddenly my pc threw a hissy fit (would not boot) on Wednesday. Since then, I've been default settings, will do a bios upgrade sometime later today.

Soldato
I'll be on my 3rd motherboard also when it gets returned. I don't know exactly what's happening but basically they work fine and then one day I go to turn on the system and there's nothing. I swap in another PSU to verify and it's dead with no way of getting any diags from it.

I've been building systems for 20 years and never had this with any motherboard before. Luckily I kept my old i5 3570K system around and it's now served me twice while the mobos went back. I just transfer my PCIE nVME drives, GPU, PSU etc. to the i5 motherboard and carry on!

The only issues I had was the occasional boot failure but that was mostly fixed by disabling the fast boot in the BIOS and setting USB options to cure the compatibility conflicts.

Associate
With the Custom Bios provided by Giga man, and my third motherboard replacement from OCUK my setup is finally stable :), But it's to early to jump to conclusions.

I second this, the build has been rock solid since the Giga-Man bios update, many thanks for that, this has been the most frustrating build, but its showing the "good stuff" now.

Associate
Oh dear what have I done. I had a 'working' system. I had small USB boot issues but my Rift DK2 has been playing up - not being recognised etc. fixed by removing the USB and reconnecting so I took the plunge and updated the BIOS. Others reporting booting issues improved without some of the USB issues etc.

22c as posted by gigaman won't boot Windows, page fault in non paged area, and I can't get in to the BIOS via DEL, system just locks up. Fortunately I could still get in to Q-Flash so put the latest 22g, from the Gigabyte website, into the system.

At least that boots into Windows and the BIOS but any changes I make to try and overclock the system result in a reboot and the MB reporting the settings don't work.

I'm a really amateur at this and have no idea how to go about systematically working through stuff to find the problem.

I have tried putting the F1 BIOS back in (I'm pretty sure that's the one the board had from new) but Q-Flash tells me it's too old and refuses to load it :(

Any help gratefully received!

Associate
*** do your own research , and no warranty offered but......

Does the Board Have a Dual Bios ? I think it is Alt+ F10 or F12 but check your Manual, hopefully it didn't update both bios's.

there is also a Tool by Intel called FPT that can downgrade bios's too

http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/28441-gigabyte-latest-beta-bios-904.html#post479419

OR

http://www.win-raid.com/t164f13-Intel-FPT-Tool-something-useful.html

and in some cases it is cos of an outdated EFIFlash ,this version is reported to work sometimes

http://www.mediafire.com/download/fp2rn2910pzh2l2/Efiflash+042.zip

edit : ran across this this morning too for GB Boards..

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...-Forcing-backup-BIOS-on-Gigabyte-motherboards

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom