Overclock World Record of 7.44GHz?

Soldato
Not quite how it works, but I'm not particularly enchanted with it either.

The idea is that the processor deals with information in blocks of a certain size. When the software feeds it something to work out which doesn't fit into an integer number of these blocks (words?), you get space wasted as the last command is followed by empty space. Hyperthreading is hacking up another load of code to fit into the gaps left by the main thread.

So you get two threads running. One goes at the speed it would anyway, the other is an extra one. It'll be slower than a real core, as it relies on spaces in the previous code. For programs which use precisely two cores this sucks, as it runs on a real and a virtual core instead of on two real cores. The main consequence for us is that the processor runs a fair bit hotter as it doesn't get any time off.

^90% sure the above is a simplification, and it's definitely missing the proper words for blocks, data etc. I'd be grateful if someone can fill in the gaps, this is the best I could get from custom pc a few months back.

Soldato
OP
Sure thing .... closed this thread then ! I won't be bother to tell at midnight, like I say it only for fun (not a genuine 8Ghz oc)

Closed this thread and sorry to waste your time.

Associate
He has the Aero theme enabled in his screenshots which suggests it is not a virtual machine. Even the best virtualisation platforms cannot run it. VirtualBox does well with the Linux 3D interface but neither it or VMWare, Hyper V etc can run Aero.

Soldato
May as well delete the thread if the clock has been done by hacks or something well it's cheating i.e. fake.

Waste of peoples time people reading it & well no one believes it anyway.

Man of Honour
He has the Aero theme enabled in his screenshots which suggests it is not a virtual machine. Even the best virtualisation platforms cannot run it. VirtualBox does well with the Linux 3D interface but neither it or VMWare, Hyper V etc can run Aero.

VB3 _can_ do aero - tho its not a standard supported feature - theres a couple of ways you can either trick it into working or work(hack) around the WDDM requirement.

Associate
VB3 _can_ do aero - tho its not a standard supported feature - theres a couple of ways you can either trick it into working or work(hack) around the WDDM requirement.

Not to go too off topic (not that it matters really) you wouldn't have any links on how? wouldn't mind a punt at it. :)

Soldato
Image is 1024x819. Not a standard res and seeing as there is no crop that is visible its inside a VE (Virtualised).

I can have 1234x567 if I wanted :/

Not possible.

End of thread.

You can tell it has been resized, the text is slightly fuzzy.

Even though it is a hack might be interesting to see how he tricked cpuz into validating it.

Back
Top Bottom