Overclockers UK App?

My bugbear for the ocuk forums on mobile is that it doesn't have the "go to first unread" option. As my forum settings are to load 100 replies per page, it can be pretty tedious scrolling through upto 100 replies to where the thread picks up from.
wow 100 replies! I've never had that many, at most 15 replies at once...

Press the envelope icon next to the thread and it takes you there. Took me longer than I'd like to admit to find this too :o
WHAT! Amazing, thanks!

i feel sorry for you poor people that didn't know about this.

it's the same icon i click on pc. where do you normally click to jump to latest new post?
I don't lol, I go to unread and slowly go through all the alerts one by one until I have no unread!

Last edited by a moderator:
i feel sorry for you poor people that didn't know about this.

it's the same icon i click on pc. where do you normally click to jump to latest new post?

Next to the "Show OP" tickbox.

wow 100 replies! I've never had that many, at most 15 replies at once...

I didn't mean direct to me, i should have probably said posts rather than replies. Most people have the forum set to show 100 posts per page as it gets very tiring having to keep loading the next page.

On a separate note: It would be extremely easy to rack up 100 replies. Just find a few hot topics in Speakers corner, and tell "certain posters"* that their opinions are wrong! Go away for a couple of hours and wait for the replies to start mounting :p

*the regulars of this forum know who these certain posters are

How many people would use an app, what features would you want, all I can think of is push notifications if somebody replied to your post or quoted you?

There's not much you can implement in an app for forums.

How many people would use an app, what features would you want, all I can think of is push notifications if somebody replied to your post or quoted you?

There's not much you can implement in an app for forums.
I'd just prefer a more modern look e.g something similar to reddit, I just find it looks better as an app than as just a website. Compare the reddit website and app and you'll see what I mean!

People really didn't know about the envelope? :p

How do you not know about the envelope?!

Good lord, how many people click the thread title then click the "go to first unread" button (which I didn't even know existed until now) like some scrub? :eek:

People really didn't know about the envelope? :p

How do you not know about the envelope?!

Good lord, how many people click the thread title then click the "go to first unread" button (which I didn't even know existed until now) like some scrub? :eek:
Haha I didn't know about it! It makes things much easier!

Back
Top Bottom